Photo
- - - - -

Alright, I'm here.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#1 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Lay into me. Though I will say, 4th and 5, that should have been a PI call and I'm still not sure why Roddy White was on the ground on that interception because Fox opted not to show the full replay. Our Fing linebackers outside of Weatherspoon are terrible.

#2 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,352 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wooo you showed up. Props. Don't know what is is with ATL and big leads and blowing them.

#3 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Both teams gave the game away several times but that fumbled snap was deadly.

#4 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,166 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Tough game. Ryan/Smith seem to have McNabb/Reid-itis. At some point you have to wonder if Smith is the guy to bring them over the hump or if it's time to move on.

#5 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,709 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Props for showing up.

#6 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,116 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Mike Smith + Matty Choke have some Reid and Nabb in them

#7 Guest_novascotianeaglesfan_*

Guest_novascotianeaglesfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Tough loss

#8 Sevendust912

Sevendust912

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Silence, props for showing up.

#9 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I will not concede that Ryan choked. Ryan was amazing in this game, in my opinion. The interception, like I said, looked like a timing route and Roddy ended up on the ground. The fumble is all him though, but that happens to everyone. So questionable calls on both sides, the roughing the passer hurt a **** ton on third down, it's the rule, I get it, it's just a bad rule. And Roddy was obviously wearing Bowman as a cape on that 4th down. I'm assuming Ryan saw it and tried to draw the flag. Questionable call on HD's catch, but like Mike P. said, it was the only call you could make with the evidence, though I'm surprised they made it.

I had to sulk for a little while before I showed up. Just waiting on Froggy's ATL hating a** to show up when his game is over because he's the dude that's talked the most crap for whatever reason.

I wish we never had that 17-0 lead because it just gave me false hope. If we could have won that game, I think they would have won the Superbowl, but we'll never know because our defense can't handle a Fing gimmick.

Ryan deserves the contract he's about to get. He was putting the ball on the money early in the game. It was surgical.

#10 eaglenugget

eaglenugget

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

The thing with Atlanta is that they are so predictable on offense, but they do a hell of a job of executing (who didn't see the roll out to Roddy on 3rd down coming?). They execute so well and are coached really well but when one little thing doesn't work the way it was taught/coached, they seem to panic. I like Matt Ryan and I like Mike Smith but I don't think they mesh well together under pressure.

#11 eaglenugget

eaglenugget

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

It's not a gimmick lol, if the QB makes the right read its a nice gain. How many times did you see gore stuffed for no gain on some reads? It's baisically a coin toss

#12 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

It's not a gimmick lol, if the QB makes the right read its a nice gain. How many times did you see gore stuffed for no gain on some reads? It's baisically a coin toss

It's a gimmick. Just like the Wildcat was a gimmick, just like Tebow was a gimmick. Eagles fans will probably defend it because they'll probably be running something similar in the near future, but it's a gimmick. It's effective, no doubt, but eventually it'll run it's course.

#13 eaglenugget

eaglenugget

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

It's a gimmick. Just like the Wildcat was a gimmick, just like Tebow was a gimmick. Eagles fans will probably defend it because they'll probably be running something similar in the near future, but it's a gimmick. It's effective, no doubt, but eventually it'll run it's course.

To each his own lol, Cam Newtons been running it for two years now. I agree that it's not a great way to base a team off of, but run a read option 3 times in a row and its bound to work atleast once. San Fransicos touchdowns all came on the read option I believe.

#14 NorCalEagle

NorCalEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

may be a gimmick, but it's not like it was a surprise...your team defended it great in the first quarter...then proceeded to ish the bed...

#15 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

To each his own lol, Cam Newtons been running it for two years now. I agree that it's not a great way to base a team off of, but run a read option 3 times in a row and its bound to work atleast once. San Fransicos touchdowns all came on the read option I believe.

Yeah, they did, you can keep the ball out of the QBs hand, which Atlanta did, but you also sacrifice pass rush, which is what happened the last 2 weeks. That and Abraham being banged up, then Matthews leaving for a bit as well.

may be a gimmick, but it's not like it was a surprise...your team defended it great in the first quarter...then proceeded to ish the bed...

Yeah, we were doing solid until Cliff Matthews hurt his ankle. Pretty sure he came back later, but at that point, we were using a hobbled Abraham and a 3rd string DE. No excuses though, injuries happen to everyone.

#16 Breeze 44

Breeze 44

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Ryan played a hell of a game....got hurt at the end and it didn't look good. The defense cost the Falcons..almost last week as well.

#17 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,265 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

They were playing for the right to lose to the Ravens anyway. In two weeks Ray will have his second ring.

#18 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,576 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

:roll:

#19 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

34-0

#20 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,576 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

34-0

Thats all I'm gonna say

#21 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thats all I'm gonna say

This is why I hate Giants fans lol

#22 Blackout

Blackout

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Team:Ravens

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Good thing you didn't win.....you'd have to play the Ravens in the big game. Better for you, your season is over now.

#23 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Team:Ravens
  • Fan Since:age 10

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Lay into me. Though I will say, 4th and 5, that should have been a PI call and I'm still not sure why Roddy White was on the ground on that interception because Fox opted not to show the full replay. Our Fing linebackers outside of Weatherspoon are terrible.

props for the season, good team there. u showed up that gets respect.

#24 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,676 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

This is why the Falcons got no respect all year. People knew today's outcome was a real possibility.

#25 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 57,860 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Lay into me. Though I will say, 4th and 5, that should have been a PI call ...

Maybe but without the gift of the replay official, they likely aren't even on the field for there to be a PI call.

#26 pisceschica

pisceschica

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,534 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm happy :D

#27 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 57,860 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

34-0

It's better not to engage in that kind of trash talk when your team as no NFL Championships vs. the fan whose team has... well, a lot of NFL Championships.

#28 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

It's better not to engage in that kind of trash talk when your team as no NFL Championships vs. the fan whose team has... well, a lot of NFL Championships.

Meh, different season. What happened last year means even less than what happened 5 weeks ago. Neither matter now though.

This is why the Falcons got no respect all year. People knew today's outcome was a real possibility.

That Atlanta would lead 17-0 against the best defense in the league? Falcons didn't make the right adjustments, San Fran did. You act like Atlanta went out there and got handled. They were 7 yards away from going to the Super Bowl. They played the "hottest team in the league" two weeks in a row. I bet the Ravens don't play San Fran as closely as Atlanta did.

#29 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 57,860 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Meh, different season. What happened last year means even less than what happened 5 weeks ago. Neither matter now though.

That's an easy thing to say when there is nothing in the history to look back on and I say that grudgingly because the Giants have won multiple Super Bowls while I'm still waiting for one with the Eagles and I've been a fan of the Eagles for almost half of their existence.

I guarantee though that had the Falcons won a couple of Super Bowls, especially last years Super Bowl, and a Texans fan was talking trash to you, you'd point toward those Lombardi's as a way of silencing that Texans fan.

I know your pain though, the Eagles have lost 4 NFC Championship games and 2 Super Bowls during my time as a fan. These losses aren't easy. In fact, it can be easier to go 4-12 than to go 13-3 and lose the NFCCG.

#30 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

That's an easy thing to say when there is nothing in the history to look back on and I say that grudgingly because the Giants have won multiple Super Bowls while I'm still waiting for one with the Eagles and I've been a fan of the Eagles for almost half of their existence.

I guarantee though that had the Falcons won a couple of Super Bowls, especially last years Super Bowl, and a Texans fan was talking trash to you, you'd point toward those Lombardi's as a way of silencing that Texans fan.

I know your pain though, the Eagles have lost 4 NFC Championship games and 2 Super Bowls during my time as a fan. These losses aren't easy. In fact, it can be easier to go 4-12 than to go 13-3 and lose the NFCCG.

You're not lying. Especially when you get up 17-0 and get a false sense of security and hope, thinking "this is it", it's crushing. I envy the fans out there that have had that feeling, and I sometimes wonder if they appreciate it like they should. Being a fan of a team that until recently had never had any sustainability. I guess it's all steps, but then you see the 9ers who have been terrible for the last decade get there in 2 seasons with Harbaugh. Or a franchise like the Ravens who have been in existence less than 20 years getting there for the second time. Atlanta fans get a bad rap as "fair weather" or whatever you want to call it, but our fans love this team, they just don't trust them not to break their hearts. They want to believe, and this week, they did, and look what happened.