Photo
- - - - -

SUPER BOWL XLVII: Ravens vs 49ers: Ravens win 34-31

ravens 49ers super bowl new orleans

This topic is in the process of being archived.
434 replies to this topic

#421 Bravens1

Bravens1

Queen of Pain to bandwagon frontrunning fans.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Team:Ravens
  • Fan Since:age 10

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

he's definitely for real, and I can say this as much as it pisses me off (because I can't stand the 49ers), but you have to give the credit where it's due. He's a great young quarterback.

Kapernik and the kid in Seattle will be lighting it up for the next 10 years!!

#422 OCEaglefan

OCEaglefan

Hovitos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,056 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Cunningham

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

You can just call him Wilson

#423 TheSilence

TheSilence

Ryan to Roddy: Touchdown!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

I love that the Niners lost because of a non-call on an illegal contact/PI on 4th down while driving late. Justifies the non-call on Roddy White by Bowman on 4th down.

#424 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

COACH OF THE YEAR

• Members
  • 19,849 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

That's why you are not to be taken seriously. Over 180 rushing yards in his playoff game?

NFC Championship comeback

Superbowl comeback to almost win.

Sit down moron.

Who gives a F about rushing yards? He's a QB. The team came back, not Colin Kaepernick. The Niners defense stepped up their game making it easier to do so.

It's a team sport. He'll be out of the league in 4 years and no one will remember him. He's erratic and is not a great passer. He has a strong arm, BFD. So did Kyle Boller.

Colin Kaepernick got his team one game farther than Alex Smith, who was a FG away from getting to the SB.

#425 Raven115

Raven115

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Team:Ravens

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Who gives a F about rushing yards? He's a QB. The team came back, not Colin Kaepernick. The Niners defense stepped up their game making it easier to do so.

It's a team sport. He'll be out of the league in 4 years and no one will remember him. He's erratic and is not a great passer. He has a strong arm, BFD. So did Kyle Boller.

Colin Kaepernick got his team one game farther than Alex Smith, who was a FG away from getting to the SB.

You are out your Fing mind if you think kaepernick isn't good. Like phil simms said "evern without his rushing ability! He can kill you from the pocket"

You sound like a complete hater

#426 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

COACH OF THE YEAR

• Members
  • 19,849 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

OMG! He can kill you from the pocket! OMG!

He didn't "kill" anyone from the pocket. He threw for one game the entire season for more than 300 yards. That isn't killing anyone from the pocket. His completion % isn't that far above 60%. Meh.

He's nothing special. I swear people are such tools thinking he's some great passer because other people think it. Just like all those clueless idiots who said Chip Kelly is a gimmick coach and wanted Gus Bradley because he screamed "Do your job!" just because they heard other people say it. Do people ever stop and think for themselves. But sure, if Phil Simms says it, it must be true.

I've seen him play in college. I've seen him play in the NFL. He's not consistently accurate. He's not even close to the passer Griffin is or Wilson is(just to compare him to other guys who have running ability). Kaepernick has zero chance to do anything in the NFL without his legs. Griffin and Wilson do because they can throw the ball. from the pocket.

#427 Iggles

Iggles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

When the half of the Superdome went black, I imagined Eddie DeBartelo throwing the switch in defense of his baby (now in charge by nephew and sister) that was about to get slaughtered.

#428 Iggles

Iggles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

OMG! He can kill you from the pocket! OMG!

He didn't "kill" anyone from the pocket. He threw for one game the entire season for more than 300 yards. That isn't killing anyone from the pocket. His completion % isn't that far above 60%. Meh.

He's nothing special. I swear people are such tools thinking he's some great passer because other people think it. Just like all those clueless idiots who said Chip Kelly is a gimmick coach and wanted Gus Bradley because he screamed "Do your job!" just because they heard other people say it. Do people ever stop and think for themselves. But sure, if Phil Simms says it, it must be true.

I've seen him play in college. I've seen him play in the NFL. He's not consistently accurate. He's not even close to the passer Griffin is or Wilson is(just to compare him to other guys who have running ability). Kaepernick has zero chance to do anything in the NFL without his legs. Griffin and Wilson do because they can throw the ball. from the pocket.

Wilson is a special case. Robert Griffin may never run the same way again. RGIII better become Sonny Jurgensen fast or his career is over within five years.

#429 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

COACH OF THE YEAR

• Members
  • 19,849 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Wilson is better in the NFL than he was in college. I didn't think he was anything special in college. Then again, I didn't think Brady was either. It doesn't always matter.

QBs that rely on the run are going to have shorter shelf lives than pocket passers, because they rely on their legs. They have used them their entire careers and without them it would be a culture shock.

I think Russell Wilson will have the lengthiest career out of Kaepernick and Griffin because of this. I think he is the most accurate and throws the nicest ball. He has great touch, and doesn't need to just fire it like Kaepernick does. His only issue will be his height. Griffin relies way more on his legs than Wilson and Kaepernick way more than both of them.

The latter two are one devastating leg injury away from totally altering their play styles, which is not easy to do. Griffin may have already had that injury. Guys like Brady and Brees could blow out their knees and still be the same because they just need to shimmy around in the pocket.

#430 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,213 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Kapernik and the kid in Seattle will be lighting it up for the next 10 years!!

Why do people assume this?

#431 bumpy93

bumpy93

This one is for Ray!!

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

congradulations to my hometown Baltimore Ravens!!!!

Super Bowl 47 champions

Ray Lewis, thankyou for all you did for the Ravens and the NFL. You will be missed on sundays in the fall in Baltimore.....

Joe Flacco-- Its your team now... Run with it!

#432 bumpy93

bumpy93

This one is for Ray!!

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Do they not call holding? on that punt the ravens were holding like crazy.

wouldnt have mattered if they called a penalty anyway. The 49ers would have been awarded 2pts cause it was in the EZ.

#433 bumpy93

bumpy93

This one is for Ray!!

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Um...Ray Ray already had one ring so finally? I notice a lot of people saying this same thing. How does one finally win one when they already have one...and was MVP too.

tHEY PROBALLY MEANT WITH ALL THE CLOSE CALLS THE rAVENS HAVE HAD SINCE WINNING IT IN 2000. tHEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE sb VS THE gIANTS LAST YEAR BUT STUPID wr AND k KEPT THEM AT HOME

#434 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,202 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

tHEY PROBALLY MEANT WITH ALL THE CLOSE CALLS THE rAVENS HAVE HAD SINCE WINNING IT IN 2000. tHEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE sb VS THE gIANTS LAST YEAR BUT STUPID wr AND k KEPT THEM AT HOME

I take it you were typing without looking at the screen?

#435 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,696 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I knew B'more was good. I just didn't think they were that good. Proved me completely wrong. To win at Denver, then at NE, and then to beat a pretty damn good SF team, wow, I'm impressed. A well deserved SB win.