Photo
- - - - -

Patriots fans want "Ridley Rule"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,785 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

http://www.patsfans....alty-page5.html

:roll: :roll:

If you have the time, it's worth the 5 page read. It first starts with many of their fans totally clueless about why Pollard's hit wasn't flagged and then morphs into the team getting jobbed all around by the refs and, ultimately, how the defense shouldn't be awarded possession of the football if the ball carrier loses the ball after a clean hit. :roll:

#2 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I don't know why people keep confusing the defenseless receiver with helmet to helmet on a running back. I swear I hear a broadcasting crew explaining it at least once a week. As ridiculous as the NFL rule book gets at times, this rule is pretty damn straight forward.

#3 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Team:Vikings
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Some of the fans acknowledged that Ridley lowered his helmet. In any case, I can't see creating a new rule. It was an unfortunate collision.

As far as getting jobbed by the refs, they caught a break when the hit on Pitta wasn't flagged right before he caught the TD pass.

#4 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Some of the fans acknowledged that Ridley lowered his helmet. In any case, I can't see creating a new rule. It was an unfortunate collision.

As far as getting jobbed by the refs, they caught a break when the hit on Pitta wasn't flagged right before he caught the TD pass.

Yes, some fans did. But even that is irrelevant... Ridley wasn't a defenseless player.

#5 kb420

kb420

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

Definitely looks like Ridley lowered his head. Pollard actually looks like he intended to tackle him low. He was almost on his knees at the point of contact.

#6 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,476 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Definitely looks like Ridley lowered his head. Pollard actually looks like he intended to tackle him low. He was almost on his knees at the point of contact.

the hit was fine, but this video clearly shows that it wasn't even a fumble, he had control of the ball until it hit his knee while he was sitting on the ground

#7 GreenMtEagle

GreenMtEagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

the hit was fine, but this video clearly shows that it wasn't even a fumble, he had control of the ball until it hit his knee while he was sitting on the ground

Ball was coming loose as he hit ground= fumble

#8 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,555 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ball was coming loose as he hit ground= fumble

ball was in his hand just fine, until it hit his leg/knee. One can easily claim his leg was already down at that point. It is far from cut and dry, as you seem to be claiming.

Put it this way, if the ruling was that he was down, and the ravens thru the challenge flag, the play would NOT be overturned.

I hate the pats as much if not more than the next guy, but I can look at things objectively.

#9 Vick 2 JMac

Vick 2 JMac

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

A rb could then just fake a head injury so they don't lose posession of the ball.

#10 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

A rb could then just fake a head injury so they don't lose posession of the ball.

So logic would dictate... but we're talking about the most entitled fanbase in the country.

#11 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,453 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

The Pats already have their own rule..."the Tuck rule". I only see that called for Brady. So, they need to get over it.

#12 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,558 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

The Pats did get screwed on that call. Knee was not down, but lower leg was.

The Ravens were winning on Sunday anyways.

#13 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,677 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

You have to see it from the other angle. As I saw on the broadcast, it looked like it was actually falling out of his hand as his arm was coming down.

#14 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

You have to see it from the other angle. As I saw on the broadcast, it looked like it was actually falling out of his hand as his arm was coming down.

Ya, seemed like a legit turnover to me as well.

#15 Exit Zero

Exit Zero

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

That ball was out before anything hit the ground but his feet.

#16 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

How about REAL sanctions for cheating? Call it the "Belicheat Rule".....NO draft for 3 years....not lose 1 first round pick....make cheating unthinkable.

#17 IggleWalt

IggleWalt

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Exactly, it was legit. The one angle showed it perfectly.

I would care about the Pats but they would probably video tape me caring about them. F'em

#18 Injured_Reserve

Injured_Reserve

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,298 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

i did think it was kind of insane to have a ball pile scramble 5 feet away from someone who mightve needed an ambulance

nothing you could do about it i suppose. imagine if ridley had been at the bottom of the pile without possession

#19 lorddevn

lorddevn

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,133 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

The Pats already have their own rule..."the Tuck rule". I only see that called for Brady. So, they need to get over it.

they also have the brady rule in which you cannot hit the QB below the knee...It is incorrectly attributed to Carson Palmer by some media people and fans, but it was not even in consideration until Brady was cleanly tackled below the knees and knocked out for the season...The Pittsburgh hit on Carson Palmer happened in the playoffs the season before

#20 AllPhillyFan

AllPhillyFan

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,706 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

:lol: There are some suggesting in there that Pollard intended to do that and needs to be investigated by the NFL so he doesn't kill someone.

#21 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

i did think it was kind of insane to have a ball pile scramble 5 feet away from someone who mightve needed an ambulance

nothing you could do about it i suppose. imagine if ridley had been at the bottom of the pile without possession

I thought the same thing when it happened.His body bent crazy after that.That's where all that stretching comes in handy though,any of us would of broke a leg or something.

#22 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

It really looks like he could of kissed his toe lol.It's amazing he walked away after that.

#23 eagleinboston

eagleinboston

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Fan Since:MyACBroke

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

They're losing it up here...

http://www.boston.co...nfl/100/6515396

Baltimore Ravens are a thug team and should be banned from playing in NFL. All game long they took late hits against the Pats, taking shots against the Pats when they were on the ground,out abounds or in the air. I have never seen so many helmut to helmut hits as last night by the Ravens. Their style of play will lead to the end of professional football !!
The Ravens defense plays "Tatumn style defense" led by Pollard who should be thrown out of the league.The man has taken out Welker, Gronk and Ridley with illegal head to head hits. Why does the NFL allow him to keep playing. Lewis is another crazy man who leads with his helmut and takes cheap shots at players already on the ground .
With concussions being a huge problem in the league why would the league allow teams like the Ravens to excist at all? The Ravens style of play has caused most of the head injuries we are now seeing on retired players,like Jr Seau.Repeated head injuries cause brain desease like Alzimers and Parkisons.
If the Ravems win the Superbowl other teams will try and copy their style of defense and more players will get seriously hurt. The NFL should take a look at the film, fine the Ravens coach for promoting this goon style of play and bannish Pollard from the league. If the league does nothing---they will be condoning the head hunting and attorney's for the injured will file law suit after lawsuit against the NFL. The league will fold and Football will be dead .
Sad Day in America

#24 PolkaDotPants

PolkaDotPants

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Anyone suggesting that Ridley maintained possession of the football post-knockout is kidding themselves.

#25 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

They're losing it up here...

http://www.boston.co...nfl/100/6515396

They're definitely over reacting but the Ravens are a dirty team.There's no denying that,I wish the Eagles D was that tough.

#26 ACHILLES

ACHILLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

wth r u lookin at....FUMBLE all the way, reminds of the safties we used to have ...hopkins and waters...the good old days...

They're definitely over reacting but the Ravens are a dirty team.There's no denying that,I wish the Eagles D was that tough.

their not dirty bro, thats how your suppose to play

#27 jrsu37

jrsu37

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,386 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Watching that GIF if anything Ridley hit Pollard in the head. He straight up earholed him.

#28 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 28,658 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

good thing his body decided to pull a dance move so the play could result in a fumble

#29 PopsG

PopsG

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Fan Since:6th grade

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

lol those new england fans are a bunch of spolied pansies.

#30 PhillyGreenMachine

PhillyGreenMachine

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Roger Goodell: Okay gents... no more helmet to helmet hits...