- - - - -

Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#1 Vick 2 JMac

Vick 2 JMac

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Last time they won was before everyone found out they cheated and I wouldn't be surprised if they cheated against the Eagles in 2004.  I'm so pissed just knowing that it's possible we lost a SUPERBOWL because of cheating.......we'll never fully know I guess.

#2 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostVick 2 JMac, on 21 January 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Last time they won was before everyone found out they cheated and I wouldn't be surprised if they cheated against the Eagles in 2004.  I'm so pissed just knowing that it's possible we lost a SUPERBOWL because of cheating.......we'll never fully know I guess.

Posted Image

#3 Boss Hawg

Boss Hawg

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Vick 2 JMac just get over it already. What a stupid thing to be legitimately pissed about.

#4 skipsharp

skipsharp

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Because "cheaters never prosper". :P

#5 snoopdogg88

snoopdogg88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

eagles havent won a superbowl since....ever

#6 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

This has been brought up every time there eliminated since spygate.If JJ would of adjusted to stop them Fing screens we would of probably won.

#7 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,316 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

They were actually criticizing Brady in the media last night a little bit, he's not showing up in the post season like he used to.

#8 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostL.E., on 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

They were actually criticizing Brady in the media last night a little bit, he's not showing up in the post season like he used to.
I wonder why...

#9 Iron_Eagle_04

Iron_Eagle_04

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,208 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostGA4M, on 21 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

Stop posting pictures of your girlfriend on here.

#10 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postsnoopdogg88, on 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

eagles havent won a superbowl since....ever
Nobody in history has won a superbowl.

#11 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Pats don't have the D that they did back in the day.

#12 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostLacesOut, on 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Pats don't have the D that they did back in the day.

That to me has been their downfall since SB39.

#13 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,582 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yeah Brady sucks in the post season. He's only been to 3 AFCCGS and 2 more SBs since 2004.

He's terrible. Everyone who is good wins every yr.

#14 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostE v 2.0, on 21 January 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Yeah Brady sucks in the post season. He's only been to 3 AFCCGS and 2 more SBs since 2004.

He's terrible. Everyone who is good wins every yr.
You gotta at least win once...without cheating.

#15 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,843 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

i love the "are the pats finished" talk. They have been in the super bowl twice (barely losing) and the AFC championship game another time since XXXIX. I mean it's not easy to win superbowls every year and they are damn close to it almost every season.

#16 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostInnocence096, on 21 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

i love the "are the pats finished" talk. They have been in the super bowl twice (barely losing) and the AFC championship game another time since XXXIX. I mean it's not easy to win superbowls every year and they are damn close to it almost every season.
Brady just chokes. It's hard when the Pats don't know what the other team is doing.

#17 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,843 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostKolbfan4, on 21 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Brady just chokes. It's hard when the Pats don't know what the other team is doing.
so do you have to win the super bowl every season to not choke? or lose while breaking passing records?He didnt have a good game yesterday but welker was dropping balls, ridley fumbled and the defense losing two starters in the secondary early made it an entirely different game. Not to mention he didnt have the best TE in the game. With Talib and Chung healthy they win that game because Boldin wouldnt run wild

#18 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostInnocence096, on 21 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

so do you have to win the super bowl every season to not choke? or lose while breaking passing records?He didnt have a good game yesterday but welker was dropping balls, ridley fumbled and the defense losing two starters in the secondary early made it an entirely different game. Not to mention he didnt have the best TE in the game. With Talib and Chung healthy they win that game because Boldin wouldnt run wild
No. He hasn't won a SB since Spygate...It has been much longer than 1 season.

#19 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,581 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostKolbfan4, on 21 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

No. He hasn't won a SB since Spygate.
And look at the WR's he had when he won, then "think", then think about Bruschi, Mcginest, Ted Johnson, Ted Washington, Ty Law and then "think" 3 SB's won by a collective 9 points, and realize this, Goodell and Kraft are best friends = tapes destroyed so that the NFL is tainted like MLB with Steroids

#20 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

#21 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I forget what show was it on ESPN, but they asked the panel about Tom Brady not winning a ring since Spygate and that his playoff record before spygate was 12-2 and since then it's 5-5 (I think). Then one guys says that no one remembers spygate. LOL. How can we just dismiss the cheating? It's proven already that without cheating, NE most likely doesn't have the success that they currently do.

#22 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,581 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostKolbfan4, on 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

. How can we just dismiss the cheating? ,
I already said it, Goodell & Kraft are best friends, it's that simple

#23 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostRodney_Zero, on 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I already said it, Goodell & Kraft are best friends, it's that simple
but beyond that. The NFL can dismiss it, but fans don't have to, yet they do anyway.

#24 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostKolbfan4, on 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

I forget what show was it on ESPN, but they asked the panel about Tom Brady not winning a ring since Spygate and that his playoff record before spygate was 12-2 and since then it's 5-5 (I think). Then one guys says that no one remembers spygate. LOL. How can we just dismiss the cheating? It's proven already that without cheating, NE most likely doesn't have the success that they currently do.

I thought Spygate was way over blown then, and I still think it is now. The Pats downfall started in 05 with their defense going south. People forget, the Pats didn't win a Super Bowl in the 2 seasons in between SB39, and 07 when Spygate came to light. The 05 Pats were beaten in the divisional round in Denver, and the 06 Pats were extremely fortunate to escape San Deigo in the divisional round, and wouldn't have if not for a dumbarse SD DB picking off a pass on a 4th down play, and then fumbling it back to NE. The following week, they blew a 21-6 halftime lead in Indy.

Their defense got old quick, and Belichick, (much like Reid, who inherited a lot of great defensive players), has not done very well replacing them, and yet, his offense, (which was supposed to be the beneficiary of Spygate), has actually been a lot better than any of their Super Bowl winning offenses has been since the filming stopped. They've also had late leads in their past 2 Super Bowls that the defense let slip away.

#25 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostInnocence096, on 21 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Delete, for a moment, the three Super Bowls that they won and look at them from 2005 to the present. What would be said of them from that point of view? Would they be considered as highly as they are or would they be ranked with the Vikings and Bills as chokers?

#26 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Delete, for a moment, the three Super Bowls that they won and look at them from 2005 to the present. What would be said of them from that point of view? Would they be considered as highly as they are or would they be ranked with the Vikings and Bills as chokers?

From 05 on, I think it's fair to view them in the same light as Reid's early teams. Very good, but couldn't finish the job.

#27 Iron_Eagle_04

Iron_Eagle_04

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,208 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostEagleJoe8, on 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I thought Spygate was way over blown then, and I still think it is now. The Pats downfall started in 05 with their defense going south. People forget, the Pats didn't win a Super Bowl in the 2 seasons in between SB39, and 07 when Spygate came to light. The 05 Pats were beaten in the divisional round in Denver, and the 06 Pats were extremely fortunate to escape San Deigo in the divisional round, and wouldn't have if not for a dumbarse SD DB picking off a pass on a 4th down play, and then fumbling it back to NE. The following week, they blew a 21-6 halftime lead in Indy.

Their defense got old quick, and Belichick, (much like Reid, who inherited a lot of great defensive players), has not done very well replacing them, and yet, his offense, (which was supposed to be the beneficiary of Spygate), has actually been a lot better than any of their Super Bowl winning offenses has been since the filming stopped. They've also had late leads in their past 2 Super Bowls that the defense let slip away.

You can downplay it all you want,  and there are many like you.

But you are talking about a team who won a lot of close games,  and whose style of winning lead a lot of people to marvel at how they always seemed to be one step ahead of the other team.   Now I'm not going to sit here and be bitter over the Eagles loss in the Super Bowl,  but given the way they won games to totally dismiss the entire thing is borderline cowardly.

And anyway you flush it,  it is at least somewhat ironic that the Super Bowls stopped when Spygate did,  and like it or not, it tarnished their run somewhat.   Maybe not as much as it should have,  but it did.

#28 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostIron_Eagle_04, on 22 January 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

You can downplay it all you want,  and there are many like you.

But you are talking about a team who won a lot of close games,  and whose style of winning lead a lot of people to marvel at how they always seemed to be one step ahead of the other team.   Now I'm not going to sit here and be bitter over the Eagles loss in the Super Bowl,  but given the way they won games to totally dismiss the entire thing is borderline cowardly.

And anyway you flush it, it is at least somewhat ironic that the Super Bowls stopped when Spygate did,  and like it or not, it tarnished their run somewhat.   Maybe not as much as it should have,  but it did.

So I'm a coward because I have a difference of opinion?

And as for the bolded part, I already pointed out that is factually incorrect. Were the Pats still filming in 05? Yes. Did they win the Super Bowl? No. Were the Pats filming in 06? Yes. Did they hold a 21-6 lead in the AFCCG that year? Yes. Did they win the Super Bowl? No. Their Super Bowls stopped when their defense got old.

#29 MERK

MERK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Vermeil

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

The Patriots should be stripped of all the their Super Bowl titles just like Lance Armstrong was stripped of all his wins.

#30 cowboy30

cowboy30

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:the embryo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

This thread seems pointless. It's so stupid. People act like they're became a .500 team after that. They went 16-0 and almost won a SB after that. Including going to another last year and almost another this year.

There's 2 teams that play you know? It just so happens the other team has played better in those games and they haven't had the same defense.

Patriots will probably win one in the next 2 years if they can stay healthy.