Photo
- - - - -

Wes Welker's wife rips Ray Ray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

#1 stang8118

stang8118

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...-lewis-comments

Last year, Tom Brady's wife had some harsh words following the conclusion of the New England Patriots' season, this year it's the wife of wide receiver Wes Welker that is making news.
Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, took to social media site Facebook to take a few shots at Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night after the Patriots' 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.
Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks:
"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.
"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."
Wes Welker led the Patriots in receiving Sunday with 117 yards and a touchdown on eight catches in the loss, but could have played his last game for New England as he is set to become a free agent this offseason.
Lewis, who announced weeks ago that he would retire at the conclusion of Baltimore's season, led all players with 14 tackles.

So she tells the truth, and actually apologizes for it? Ray Lewis is a piece of crap of a human being, and the fact that the NFL markets him as one of the faces of the NFL is just pathetic. Dude is an accomplice in a MURDER case, and 4 different baby mommas? Yeah any fortune 500 company would love to have a guy of that character be the face of their business. Oh wait... but he does a stupid dance, and yells a lot... so he must be a swell guy!

#2 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,883 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

she isn't wrong at all. it pisses me off with all the religion crap because Lewis has not lived a christian life at all. He is a horrible human being but thinks if he says God's name a few times to the media and throws some pocket change into a charity he is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ

#3 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,374 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

How many wives and how many kids???!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Whiskey

Whiskey

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Scum of the Earth. Great player, but Scum of the Earth.

The reason so many players look up to him is because he and his posse "kept it real" by killing someone, then Ray Ray got away way. On top of that, he's convinced the general public that he is a "Man of God".

The Devil's greatest trick was convincing Man he didn't exist.

#5 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,205 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

How many wives and how many kids???!!!!!!!!!!!!

zero wives ;)

#6 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,888 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

took 4 posts?

Posted Image

#7 john williamson

john williamson

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,418 posts
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

then Ray Ray got away way

:roll: :roll:

#8 EAGLES1EAGLES

EAGLES1EAGLES

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

This is the sport we love. It is littered with this type of history. This attitude stems from entitlement in high school to college then the NFL and leaves so many victims and broken lives. Obviously field success does not translate to success in life.

#9 pisceschica

pisceschica

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

She needs to rip her husband for dropping passes :roll:

#10 pisceschica

pisceschica

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

So she tells the truth, and actually apologizes for it? Ray Lewis is a piece of crap of a human being, and the fact that the NFL markets him as one of the faces of the NFL is just pathetic. Dude is an accomplice in a MURDER case, and 4 different baby mommas? Yeah any fortune 500 company would love to have a guy of that character be the face of their business. Oh wait... but he does a stupid dance, and yells a lot... so he must be a swell guy!

I don't know anything about the murder case so I can't comment about it.

I am indifferent to the guy but for someone who's so passionate about his religion the way he lives his life is somewhat of a contradiction to it. I was shocked to learn about his 6 children out of wedlock by 4 different women.

#11 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Just because Lewis hasn't always lived a respectable life, doesn't mean he doesn't now. Yeah, he probably killed a dude, but people change and Ray Lewis has given me every indication that he has. No one really knows but him though.

#12 corymon2

corymon2

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Just because Lewis hasn't always lived a respectable life, doesn't mean he doesn't now. Yeah, he probably killed a dude, but people change and Ray Lewis has given me every indication that he has. No one really knows but him though.

that makes it justifiable?

#13 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

In an article I read in the USA Today a couple weeks ago, it said the families of the two slain men that night in Atlanta in 2000 still want justice because no one was ever convicted of murder. And every time they see Ray Lewis on TV, they are reminded of the injustice, of the lack of closure. I can't imagine what it must be like to be them and see the guy being glorified like he has been, especially since his retirement announcement.

And it won't get much better. He'll be a focal point of the Super Bowl coverage, and even if he disappears for five years (highly doubtful), he'll be glorified again when he's inducted to the HOF.

#14 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

If that was you, do you think you would be sitting at home with our family right now? Ray Lewis should be in Jail, his NFL career over, but money can go a long way in this corrupted world... i don't care what he's doing today because he never paid for what he did in the past, and 2 families will never get justice while Lewis is glorified on ESPN/NFLn..the man is a Fing murderer but Karma is a **** it will come back and bite Lewis.

#15 stang8118

stang8118

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

If that was your son he took part in killing would you be saying this?

#16 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Watching the spectacle he put on after the last two playoff wins was absolutely hilarious. What a selfish dirtbag...

Oh and F Wes Welker too. I hate that little ish.

#17 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,121 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Trying arguing Ray Lewis with a Ravens fan and you are treated like you murdered someone. They are brainwashed, in total denial. I know that if any Eagles player did that I would lose ALL respect for them. I couldn't buy their jersey, root for them. If Brian Dawkins did this that would be it. I could no longer root for him. It simply amazes me and saddens me that the whole murder thing has been forgotten. I guarantee it isn't even brought up in the next two weeks. Michael Vick did a evil thing, payed his dues, lost millions, had to re-earn his career and will be haunted by it until the day he dies. Ray Lewis says it still haunts him but why? He said he wasn't guilty. Infact...he first LIED to the police saying he wasn't even there, didn't know anything. He pled guilty to Obstruction of Justice and also testified against the other two...who were both freed. Ray Lewis got 12 months probation HOWEVER it's interesting to note that he still pays the victim's family money. Why would a so-called innocent man do this?

Ray Lewis is an amazing player, great motivator and great leader but the fact remains that when he was a younger man he did something very stupid. Not saying he stabbed the guy but he was there. There was more than enough evidence against him to place him there like blood in HIS LIMO. They also had statements from the limo driver and a female passenger who BOTH said Lewis threatened them, was panicked, said he guaranteed his career wouldn't end that way. They both also said Lewis had the limo driver stop and they dumped Lewis' bloody suit in a dumpster. Lewis told police he lost it. How do you lose a suit in a few hours? Everyone else turned over their clothing etc except Lewis.

Oh and of course then you also have Donte Stallworth who killed a man while drinking and driving. He even was briefly a member of the Ravens. 30 days in jail, probation and can no longer obtain a driver's license in Florida. His fellow playes even picked him for the Ed Block Courage Award which is given out and voted on by teammates for whom they feel is the best ROLE MODEL. This was less than two years after his arrest. He spent the entire 2009 season suspended.

#18 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Here is an excellent must read article called Ray Lewis is a great player, but he is not a hero.

http://www.ydr.com/m...t-player-but-he

#19 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,998 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

You lost me at "he probably killed a dude."

#20 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

A lot of murderers in jail are rehabilitated, commited the crime when they were younger. Should we set all of them free? People can change, grow up and mature. I'm sure most of Manson's followers have grown and matured since they were so young at the time. Should they go free? They still took lives or were involved with it. Many who commit crimes get out and are changed men and women but again.. they did their time, payed for their crime. Ray never truly did and even worse, didn't because of his fame.

He got 12 months probation. I got 12 months probation, a night in jail for vandalizing when I was 18. I grew up, matured and would never do that again and i'm sure now he is a changed man too but the problem I and others have is that he never payed for his crimes and his crimes have been quickly ignored while Michael Vick, who is a changed man as well will forever be haunted by what he did. People will ALWAYS protest his games and he payed for his crimes more than people who are involved in murder cases of humans have.

You have two dead and their families watching as Ray Lewis is praised as a hero, motivator, leader...ROLE MODEL. Think how they must feel when role model is being used to describe a man involved with the murder of their sons.

#21 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

The guy is a walking contradiction. Every "prayer" or selfish, babbling jesus rant he spews on the field (when the cameras are on him) should be a slap in the face to every religious or spiritual person watching it.

#22 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

The guy is a walking contradiction. Every "prayer" or selfish, babbling jesus rant he spews on the field (when the cameras are on him) should be a slap in the face to every religious or spiritual person watching it.

A lot of people find god in those situations. A lot of people in jail find god, get heavily into the bible. I don't doubt he is a changed man and religion has helped him big time just like it does others in his situation but it does make him look hypocritical for the way he escaped his crimes. I guess though paying the vicitims families is a everyday reminder of what he did. We all do stupid stuff when we are younger and eventually pay for our stupidity...Ray never truly did so I hope it does haunt him.

#23 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

she isn't wrong at all. it pisses me off with all the religion crap because Lewis has not lived a christian life at all. He is a horrible human being but thinks if he says God's name a few times to the media and throws some pocket change into a charity he is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ

Yes she is... Ray was convicted of Obstruction. He wasnt aquitted of murder.

And so what about how many kids he has.. What does that have to do with his play on the feild? Kids should wanna be like Ray Lewis ON THE FEILD, not what he does off of the feild. Theres a difference.

BTW, she doesnt have the highest set of morals by working at hooters. She bascially shows off her body parts for big tips. Thats 1 step up from being a stripper.

took 4 posts?

Posted Image

She is hot though

#24 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,365 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

You realize Lewis was completely innocent right? Gotta love the media...

Yes she is... Ray was convicted of Obstruction. He wasnt aquitted of murder.

And so what about how many kids he has.. What does that have to do with his play on the feild? Kids should wanna be like Ray Lewis ON THE FEILD, not what he does off of the feild. Theres a difference.

BTW, she doesnt have the highest set of morals by working at hooters. She bascially shows off her body parts for big tips. Thats 1 step up from being a stripper.

She is hot though

actually they should be like him off the field haha.

#25 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

You realize Lewis was completely innocent right? Gotta love the media...

actually they should be like him off the field haha.

Kids should like proffesional sports players for what they do on the feild. Thier off the feild life is personal. If kids want role models off the feild, they should look at thier parents or other family members.

Charles Barkley was right. They shouldnt be role model for kids. Kids should strive to be like them on the feild, but off the feild kids should look to family. Sports players are just like you and me, but tthey make alot more money. They are humans also that make mistakes.

#26 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,365 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Kids should like proffesional sports players for what they do on the feild. Thier off the feild life is personal. If kids want role models off the feild, they should look at thier parents or other family members.

Charles Barkley was right. They shouldnt be role model for kids. Kids should strive to be like them on the feild, but off the feild kids should look to family. Sports players are just like you and me, but tthey make alot more money. They are humans also that make mistakes.

thats fair i agree with that. no more hero worship of athletes.

I love how people say Ray Lewis killed a man when there was 0 evidence he did it.

#27 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

She is apologizing because it makes life hard on her husband, not because she typed the truth.

#28 graysferry

graysferry

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,011 posts
  • Fan Since:sperm

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ray cried about it a bit, realized he was a grown arse man, hate f'd his wife(wives), then went about his business...

Hopefully those kids learn to spell off the field...

#29 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

She is apologizing because it makes life hard on her husband, not because she typed the truth.

How it the truth?? The wife and kids part is true, but he had nothing to do with the killing of the 2 huys. Je was in his limo when it happened. Yes he lied about it and was found guilty for it and spent 3- or 45 days in jail for it. Sp why is he still being called a murder? Its just someone that is pissed b/c her husband dropped a very important pass from brady..... Oh, BTW he also dropped a ball in the SB. Welker has come up small when it matters the most. She needs to help her husband over the summer catching balls. She didnt wanna say anything about that so she decides to get attention off of him and try to get people to start blasting Ray Lewis for something that happened 12yrs ago that he wasnt involved in..

Ray cried about it a bit, realized he was a grown arse man, hate f'd his wife(wives), then went about his business...

Hopefully those kids learn to spell off the field...

Big deal... I mis[elled FIELD.... You feel better now?

#30 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

How it the truth?? The wife and kids part is true, but he had nothing to do with the killing of the 2 huys. Je was in his limo when it happened. Yes he lied about it and was found guilty for it and spent 3- or 45 days in jail for it. Sp why is he still being called a murder? Its just someone that is pissed b/c her husband dropped a very important pass from brady..... Oh, BTW he also dropped a ball in the SB. Welker has come up small when it matters the most. She needs to help her husband over the summer catching balls. She didnt wanna say anything about that so she decides to get attention off of him and try to get people to start blasting Ray Lewis for something that happened 12yrs ago that he wasnt involved in..

Big deal... I mis[elled FIELD.... You feel better now?

Good point, sometimes when you are around something that makes you copable in the public's eye. I wasn't calling him a murder but to say this guy is a model citizen is far from the truth. The other thing is that he puts himself out there so much people are going to bring up his transgressions, no? Personally, I tell my children to never idiolize any sports professionals, you never know what they are really like. 6 kids by 4 women, straight scum-bag right there.