Photo

[News] Next Step Is News On Staff, Etc ...

This topic is in the process of being archived.
302 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,785 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

MOBILE, Ala. -- The chase to hang on every word from Chip Kelly is largely finished now. He's been engaging and forthright and refreshing. But he hasn't provided a lot of information, because there isn't much to give ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

1st.

Kelly just needs to take his time there is no need to rush picking out a coach needs to make sure he gets the right guy. They are saying that 49ners DB coach could be a a target for are DC but we will have to wait till after the SB to interview him

#3 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Damn, just beat me! Congrats on going yard again BG!

Neutral on Kelly. Just want to see what happens. Not going to let myself get over excited for this season except for the fact that foorball will be coming again :-D

#4 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hard to believe after Bloody Monday no team chose to wait for an interview wit Greg Roman

#5 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

How was Roman not on everybodys short list...brilliant job this season

#6 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

In my opinion Denard Robinson could be a stud cornerback

#7 Spartucus

Spartucus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Greg Williams hired as our defensive coordinator. He is by far the best man for the job.and yes I know about the bounty bowl so don't bother going there.

#8 Moe Greene

Moe Greene

get on the Chip Ship!

• Members
  • 16,254 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

kendricks an inside linebacker? it's not that I mind a 34, i think it's the best defense vs spread offenses but you need bigger inside linebackers for that. plus who will play NT? it's going to take time to get the right people for this scheme. i suppose they're going to pretty heavy on d in FA and the draft.

#9 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Maybe Roman is on Jerry "da dictator " Jones shortlist by taking away some of Jason Garret freedom of calling all the plays ...ticking him off and quitting ......I dont put that move past em ......hate to see him in texazz

#10 slickpablovick

slickpablovick

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Cole, Ryans, Kendricks, Graham standing up and Tapp, Cox, Hunt with their hands in the ground sounds like an excellent front 7 to me

#11 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I would say that whether it's a 4-3 or 3-4 defense the team needs look identical. A Dlineman, a linebacker and a secondary. All can't be accomplished in one offseason one would think but that is what he has to be shooting for. If the choice is 3-4 then the team should have some decent trade bait.

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

IF Eagles go the 3-4 route would we look into a guy like Spencer from the Cowboys he will most likely allowed to walk since Dallas is changing to a 4-3 with Monte. Spencer would had a solid OLB to are group.... Right now Cole/graham are complete unknown if they can even play as 34 OLBs

I think Graham could make the tansition fairly easy though and will be fine I'm not so sure about Cole anymore

#13 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I might also look into Redskins Rob Jackson he played very well filling in for Orakpo this season

#14 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

So Ed Donatell is rumored to be candidate for DC now hmm.. Seriously someone is reading this blog n putting it out there lol

#15 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Spencer is expensive and hurt a lot. I have a friend who is a cowboys fan who is always complaining spencer is hurt. I wouldn't mind the kid from red skins but I doubt they will let him go.

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

CCL....Why wouldn't they let Jackson go he is the backup Orakpo will return as the starter next season. They are not going to figth that hard to keep him could be a fairly easy pickup for us.

As for Spencer I don't reall follow them so I don't know. What I know is Spencer had a good season and he has only missed like 6starts in his whole career which is pretty damn good that doesn't seem to me like he is always hurt.

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Shaun Phillips is also suppose to be a FA this season he would be a price pickup I would think for 3-4 teams

#18 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Alot of pass rushers for a 3-4 in this draft.. Would have to use alot of picks if Eagles wanna make a full transition to a 3-4 this year.. But if Chip does go after Donatell Eagles will stay 4-3 n can mix n a 3-4 look too

#19 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Manny Lawson could be a great guy to target it's hard to believe Cinn. will let him walk though

#20 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Shaun Phillips past his prime.. Not everyone ages gracefully like London n Ray lol

Lawson is crap in coveragae.. Only used in run plays.. Hard to believe Burfict is a stud! lol

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

They are comparing some DE to JPP this yr he is like 6'6 270 played for BYU Ezekiel Ansah.... He has like sky rocketed up draft boards.

Shuan Phillips had 9.5sacks 3FF that doesn't seem like a guy past his prime....He was never the huge sack number player to begin with. He is still a very solid player

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Genetic....You really want a hybrid D don't you I have heard you talk about mixing looks quite often lol

#23 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Dont be fooled by stats BG.. I watched some of the guys games this year coz my mate is a huge fan of their team.. Spend picks n money on youth

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

genetic...I not talking signing him to be are guy everyone I have listed are pretty much just fill in guys for a yr or 2 until we can get someone else. There is no way we are going to fill all are D wholes in just the draft.

#25 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

lol yeah i did want a hybrid look.. Anything we can do to confuse n stop the opposition.. shutoutability was it lol

meant i do want a hybrid look

#26 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Genetic....I with you that is one of the main reason I wanted Gus Bradley so bad his Hybrid D he was going to bring with him lol

#27 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

BG have you seen TE Gavin Escobar? Check him out.. Why is your boy Fauria falling down draft board for.. Injured?

#28 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I just can't see any of these teams parting with their safeties. The franchise tag for a safety looks to be about 7.5 million. Buffalo will either be able to sign Byrd to a long term deal(very likely) or will just slap the franchise tag on him. Goldson is in the same situation. The Niners have some very young talented safeties though. If they slap the tag on Goldson i would look to trade for one of their reserves. Delmas is the guy that could be signed mostly because I don't see Detroit tagging him. He is a big hitter. i don't see him getting payed franchise tag number though of 7.5 mil

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

They said that Rice TE seems to be having great practice as well Vance McDonald....I think we will see Chip draft a TE somewhere I think he likes to use his TEs.

#30 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I woudl not touch Delmas I am not a fan of his.... i would go after LaRon Landry if both Goldson and Bryd are off the market Jets have cap issues he could just be allowed to walk. Landry had a great season with the Jets and stayed healthy which is the main concern with him.