Photo

[News] With 4th Pick In The NFL Draft ...

This topic is in the process of being archived.
329 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,353 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

We're still three months away from draft weekend, and the evaluation boards for every team will change significantly between now and then. but the urge to think ahead is enticing for Eagles fans ...

View the full article

#2 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

OL OR saftey

#3 mwh27

mwh27

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Nose Tackle, Safety, Linebacker.

#4 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Why a nose tackle? We don't even know if we will be 34 or 43. Also to switch to 34 what's the point if taking a nose tackle in the first round when you don't have the pieces to move around other players. Pointless to have any form if a dline anyway when you don't have any QBs that don't play soft and give 5 yards of seperation each pass.

#5 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

CCL, we are in building mode because our team stinks! Any STUD player helps regardless of position. WE don't have the players to be good at any scheme at the moment.

#6 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Its hard trying to figure out who we might take with the 4th pick bc we dont know who will be available at that time. I have a feeling Luke jockel, Geno smith, and Star will be off the board b4 we pick imo. If thats true and we dont trade back then I vote for millimer if we are playing 4 3 D still and jarvis jones if we move to a 3 4

#7 mwh27

mwh27

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

CCL...you mean CBs but I get what you are saying. We've been talking about hybrid and in an earlier entry I said that my version of a hybrid D would be 3-4 on running downs....but I was continuing on from last spads article. Sorry if I confused.

#8 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

"The 4-12 nightmare of 2012 left a number of roster question marks, and the Eagles are at least in the fortunate position of having some flexibility to rebuild the team."

Ha, ha, ha, translation: the need help at EVERY position.

#9 tommyboy18088

tommyboy18088

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

While I hate to say this, I hope we can get a good package of high picks by moving back in the draft. We need lots of help and there is not one stud that will turn this team around. Our previous draft picks (except for last year) were a DISASTER. My vote in order is for OL, Safety, Cornerback, Linebacker, DL. All bets are off if Chip sees a QB he loves. I just don't see one there and I think Foles can be pretty good if given the chance.

#10 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I would agree with trading down. I know it doesn't make for a very exciting walk to the podium at #4 but who cares about that. This team needs alot of pieces so trade down and get more. I don't know if I am in the minority here but I just don't feel Nick Foles is the QB that will help this team turn it around. I would love to somehow trade out of 4 and watch Geno Smith fall into our lap, just don't think that is going to happen. Better yet call the Panthers. Trade them our first round pick and Foles and possibly a late round pick for Cam Newton. I know thats not happening because once you have a franchise QB they would never trade that away. Our QB situation is awful.

#11 Canadian_philly

Canadian_philly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

The Panthers aren't going to trade us Newton for Foles and our #4, especially not in this years draft, why would you want Newton anyways, he can't keep his head straight, he's a Vince Young waiting to happen. I agree with trading back but not too far, go a few spots so we can still grab Joekel or Fisher so we have a stud lineman for the next 10 years. Or even if they can draft a stand out corner and drop Nnamdi. At this point though given our O-line and the studs in this draft we need to take advantage or it won't matter what quarterback we have.

#12 Canadian_philly

Canadian_philly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

If we switch to 3-4 then we lose Ryans and Cox, possibly Cole and Graham, as they aren't really fits for a 3 vs 5 battle every down.

#13 flyineagle6477

flyineagle6477

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

trade with jets to get revis give up vick and pick...

#14 Old Feathers

Old Feathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

If last season taught us anything it was how bad our OL was . Depth and improvement has to begin there. If not it wouldn't matter who we have @ QB he'll be hammered just like Vick was and running plays'll get snuffed out before they get started. Let' s build arround Peters , Kelce, and Mathis , shore things up so if one of them goes down we're not left holding the bag again . It all flows from controling the LOS !!

#15 Fire Juan Now!

Fire Juan Now!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO GET REVIS ISLAND!!!!

He is unarguably the best CB in the NFL...PLEASE get Revis!

#16 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Please Please Please don't go after Revis.. He is good but does he ever actually play...Is that guy ever healthy?

#17 TreFacTor

TreFacTor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Eagles Needs:

Free safety
Offensive line
Strong safety
Cornerback
Linebacker
QB

Sign Revis and the CB position is taken care of. Trade Namdi or cut him and take the hit.
Use the 4th to trade down for multiple pick package and get a o lineman and safety
Pick up a veteran safety and linebacker in FA
Use Foles as bait for more picks (can't run the read option)
draft a QB, OL,DL and look toward the future.

But Roseman will find a way to mess it up.

#18 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

This team has SO MANY needs they'd be smart to trade back and try and pick up and extra quality pick or 2.

#19 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Oh, and after YEARS of Randall, then Donovan and now Vick...I was hoping we could FINALLY have a pure pocket passer. A big, strong, tough, smart Field General FOR A CHANGE. Didn't anyone see what happened to that RUNNING QB RG3? He BARELY made it thru his FIRST pro season and his career is already in jeopardy. Isn't RUNNING...what they have RUNNING BACKS for? Look at Eli, big, slow stiff....but HAS NEVER MISSED a game due to injury. Compare that to the 'running' Vick and RG3. Wilson will be next to get hurt.

#20 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

with the 4th overall pick trading down looks to be a nice way to go if we can get the teams first and an extra 2nd rounder. If we can't stay at 4 and just take the BPA whether that be Star,Joeckel,Milliner,Werner etc.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

MWH....did you say Revis is hurt alot????? This is the first season Revis has missed really that many games and thats because of an ACL injury before this yr he has missed a total of 3games that was in 2010. 07,08,09,2011 Revis has played in all 16games

#22 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

We need to start with either one of our lines. Pick one to build the draft around. We are rebuilding mode and need to start from the lines out. Our oline has injury question marks at 3 out of the 5 spots and RG and RT need to seriously upgraded. Trade whoever for whatever. Herremans, Kelce and Peters are solid when healthy but all are coming off major surgeries. Our dline is a joke. Cole is aging and slowing down. Graham is soft and a complete bust in my eyes. Besides Kendricks, Cox and Boykin all others on defense can be cut/ traded or replaced. I would see if the Rams would traded their 2 1st round picks ( 16th and 22nd) for our 4th overall pick and then draft OG Womack or DE Ezekial Ansah at 16 and S Matt Elam or DT Jonathan Jenkins ar 22.

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

On the whole Revis front I think we have to atleast look into it. Depending on the price the Jets want for him you have to consider the trade if we could land Revis for lets say a 3rd or 4th rounder I think you have to take a deal like that. Before you say no way the jets get rid of the best DB in football for a 3rd rounder Revis is coming off ACL injury has a cao # of 6mil and the Jets have major cap issues this could easily be a realistic trade

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Phillykeene...I love the trade with the Rams idea but who would be there at #4 overall worth giving up 2 first rounders????

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Look what Todd did.

#26 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

PPW....what did Todd do????

#27 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

the turkey on top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

joeckel will be snatched by andy reid, i would assume. too bad.

#28 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

There are a few impact players I could see moving up to grab for the the Rams. There oline is awful and what better way to protect Bradford than protect his blind side with an upgrade at LT with OT Joekel. I could see the Rams possibly making that trade IF Joekel is there.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Phillykeene...I guess the Rams could but this is a pretty good OL draft the rams could get 2 really good OL to help protect Bradford at 16 and 22 or they could draft a WR with one of the extra 1st and get a good OL in the 2nd

#30 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Find another Reggie White. God bless him he was the man.