Photo

[News] Pauline's Final Stock Report

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,993 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Three of the most important days of scouting leading up to the draft are now complete. The scouting staffs from the league's 32 teams now head home with notebooks full of opinions on the more than ...

View the full article

#2 Eaglefan1456

Eaglefan1456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Don't see anything on the QB's that indicates any of the players at the Senior bowl have anything on Foles. Of course, the top two QB's weren't there, so who knows!

#3 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Foles is our guy, we need a S or OT first, then a big WR or TE.

#4 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

If we can snag a great OT or OLB I'll be happy with the draft. It's not like we'll get a bad 1st round guy.

#5 SilvereignEagle

SilvereignEagle

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

OLB, yeah we could find one and pair him up with Graham, we have Cole also. There's the rotation for that unit. Hope the Eagles do go into multiple schematic fronts, which gives positional players a better chance to view situations in double role-playing, a broad perception of the playing field. Many offenses are opting for no-huddle formations and defenses needs to be well aware of those propensities at the LOS.

#6 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Bring in denard robinson perfect scheme with kelly

#7 mang1ra

mang1ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Fan Since:1969

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Philly....Denard Robinson would be a waste of a draft pick. He can't catch a cold, and I would bet he is not faster than Peanut. So where do you play Mr. robinson? Wait for it......On da Bench!!!!!

#8 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Philly....Denard Robinson would be a waste of a draft pick. He can't catch a cold, and I would bet he is not faster than Peanut. So where do you play Mr. robinson? Wait for it......On da Bench!!!!!

draft him later way later on see if hes still available no i think he's still a little faster we could use fast speed, he could get better with good coaching could be nasty good.

#9 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Getting denard robinson would be a waste of a pick. Maybe i'm not being realistic, but I hope chip kelly does not rely on his QB to run the ball in the pros. It is a recipe for inconsistent performance, and high injury risk. Let's stick with foles and get a good backup to groom.

More importantly, let's get S, OT, CB, and OLB. A big WR wouldn't be a bad pick either.

In the article, they talk about Jonathan Cyprien's stock being "up". After watching some film on him, I'd say his stock being up doesn't mean much as his body of work makes him look like another Kurt Coleman. And we could use fewer of those.....Make sure you get Matt Elam!

#10 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

on the inside i dont think kelly likes foles he was just saying that both qb are good but if vick is still here by the beginning of the season vick will be the starter because it fits kelly better we need big receiver and the safety's in this draft are not that great. lets just hope they draft good this year were going to have to reconstruct nhamis contract move him to safety and pick safety from free agency like ed reed he's free agent this year the guy can still play

#11 Brodieman

Brodieman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think there are some good safeties in this draft, like Matt Elam!

I think Vick will be gone by early February. If you are truly revamping the team, Vick is not your guy. Also, Kelly has been on record praising Foles last year before the draft. I think (and hope) he will be the starter.

Would be nice if chip recognizes the need for consistency and takes a more conservative approach to QB than his college scheme but that's probably just wishful thinking

#12 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think there are some good safeties in this draft, like Matt Elam!

I think Vick will be gone by early February. If you are truly revamping the team, Vick is not your guy. Also, Kelly has been on record praising Foles last year before the draft. I think (and hope) he will be the starter.

Would be nice if chip recognizes the need for consistency and takes a more conservative approach to QB than his college scheme but that's probably just wishful thinking

i agree on that to, im just hoping for the best . but if they do get rid of vick i hope we can get something out of it.

matt is a pretty good safety but would he still be on the board thou.

#13 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Getting denard robinson would be a waste of a pick. Maybe i'm not being realistic, but I hope chip kelly does not rely on his QB to run the ball in the pros. It is a recipe for inconsistent performance, and high injury risk. Let's stick with foles and get a good backup to groom.

More importantly, let's get S, OT, CB, and OLB. A big WR wouldn't be a bad pick either.

In the article, they talk about Jonathan Cyprien's stock being "up". After watching some film on him, I'd say his stock being up doesn't mean much as his body of work makes him look like another Kurt Coleman. And we could use fewer of those.....Make sure you get Matt Elam!

Kurt Coleman is 5''10 185 lbs Cyprien is 6'0 210lbs thats a huge difference in size.

#14 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Okay so heres my question. If we could score milliner or elam, which one would you want. Consider that nnamdi sucks and both jefferson and reid will be avalable in rd 2 so thats the case for milliner, and as for elam, we are prolly more in need of a safety. Other than that I see them both as having traits i like so im not sure which could be more sucessful

#15 mwh27

mwh27

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

I like a big DT 1st round. This Williams sounds the type can play either 4-3 or 3-4. Don't know much but what I saw last few days (not a whole lot) so move down in 1st and get 2 2nds. Still could get a big DT 2nd 3rd rnds. Are there supposed to be a few good LB in the draft? Haven't heard much so prolly not.

#16 mang1ra

mang1ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Pace....I would go with Milliner 1st rd. I believe the draft is full of good DT's. I don't disagree with trading down for more picks. With that said, It would be hard to pass on Joeckel. Our line was bad. Even if Herramans, Peters and or Kelce come back healthy need better depth. Getting Joeckel will allow Big Todd to move back to guard. Line would be Peters-Herramans-Kelce-Mathis-Joeckel. Would do you think?

#17 mang1ra

mang1ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Watching the game yesterday....Fisher / Goodwin / Trufant played well. Goodwin and Trufant had explosive speed. E.J.Manuel played well - maybe later rounds.

#18 Brodieman

Brodieman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Dave- while it is true that cyprien has 2 inches and 25 lbs on Coleman, and size does matter some, cyprien's style of play (getting blocked out of plays, not stopping the runner's momentum on contact) is the same as coleman's. I wouldn't want to get too caught up in "is this guy big enough?" for our safeties. Dawkins was 5'10" and 195 lbs I think, coming out of the draft. Elam is 5'10" 202lbs. If they play with fire and show good football instincts and great tackling ability, I'd like to give that safety (in this case, Elam) a shot on our team. Dawkins added 15 lbs after joining the team and became an enforcer in the secondary. That is what we need most of all.

Regarding DT, I don't think that is nearly as urgent a need as S, CB, OT, OLB. I would be disappointed if we spent a pick on that, seeing as how we have a decent rotation there with Jenkins, cox, Thornton, Landri, Dixon, Patterson. I think that we could always use stud players but it is better to address the needs. If we still have the same secondary next year, the season is over.

Pace- between milliner and Elam I'd actually prefer Elam, but I understand that right now, his value is late 1st round and milliner is early first round. My scenario would be this: take milliner, trade up into late 1st round and get Elam if we think he won't be there beginning of round 2. We need both.

#19 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

thanks for your opinions. I like them both equally. Im assuming with my question joeckle will be drafted 1 overall by andy, so we might nneed to sign jake long in FA that would be an unbelievable move

#20 eagleswintoday

eagleswintoday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Jarvis Jones

???????

#21 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Jarvis Jones right now is a top 2 pick. I think the combine will and always does. Change peoples draft stock.

#22 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

No Kelly knows he can't run the same stuff that worked in college. He may want a QB that can run but he knows that passing is the most important. He might want a guy to develop to be that run threat with a big arm. But he would wait and run the O with Foles. If he is their best option, which seems to be the case. Foles can run the hurry up and scramble enough. No, he is not Cam Newton. I think he either drafts a QB this year or next to develop behind Foles.

#23 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

If Vick can get us a decent pick they will keep him but I hope and really don't think he is gonna be on the team come training camp.

#24 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'll trade micheal Vick and Danny Watkins for Revis. Then trade down and get Elam then get Robert woods in the second round then with the pick we got with the trade get maybe Nassib . This will be a mirricle draft if this happens

#25 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Robert wood 2nd round pick spread