- - - - -

Flacco or Kaepernick?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,802 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Woul you rather have Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens or Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers? Colin is the better runner by far, but Flacco is the much better passer with an extreme arm. Even the Eagles own beloved Ron Ja. think Flacco has the "STRONGEST" arm in the NFL, maybe not the most accurate, but strongest.

I would have to go with Flacco IMO. Im taking nothing from Colin K. but I dont think he measures up with Flacco at this current minute. His playoff W/L record speaks for itself b/c he has more road wins by ANY QB IN NFL HISTORY. He has more playoff wins by a QB in thier 1st 5 seasons then any other QB. Flacco doesnt get all the cradit he deserves IMO b/c the Ravens have been Lewis's team. Starting the 2013 NFL season the baltimore Ravens will be led by Joe Flacco.

Kapernick is a very good young QB and I wish him nothing but good luck the rest of his career, UNLESS it happens to be that he is playing the Eagles or the Baltimore Ravens. Whats are your thoughts about these 2 QBs??

#2 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,213 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

That's easy. Flacco.

Kaepernick walked into a SB team. The 49ers were 6-2 when Smith was benched

#3 Goose

Goose

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'd take Kaepernick.  Threat to run or throw and his passing skills have impressed me.  All around playmaker

#4 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Flacco.

#5 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

SF offense is very simple right now according to experts. Kaepernick needs to show me that he can do a much better job of reading defenses and learning the whole playbook before I would take him over Flacco.

#6 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,462 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Flacco

#7 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,399 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

As of now Flacco. Need to see Kapernick play at this level over a longer period of time.

#8 kevkro64

kevkro64

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Joe Flacco.

#9 Whiskey

Whiskey

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

View Postbumpy93, on 26 January 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Woul you rather have Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens or Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers? Colin is the better runner by far, but Flacco is the much better passer with an extreme arm. Even the Eagles own beloved Ron Ja. think Flacco has the "STRONGEST" arm in the NFL, maybe not the most accurate, but strongest.

I would have to go with Flacco IMO. Im taking nothing from Colin K. but I dont think he measures up with Flacco at this current minute. His playoff W/L record speaks for itself b/c he has more road wins by ANY QB IN NFL HISTORY. He has more playoff wins by a QB in thier 1st 5 seasons then any other QB. Flacco doesnt get all the cradit he deserves IMO b/c the Ravens have been Lewis's team. Starting the 2013 NFL season the baltimore Ravens will be led by Joe Flacco.

Kapernick is a very good young QB and I wish him nothing but good luck the rest of his career, UNLESS it happens to be that he is playing the Eagles or the Baltimore Ravens. Whats are your thoughts about these 2 QBs??

Yeah and Flacco was drafted to a team with a stellar defense & running game, much like Kaepernick. In all those road wins by Flacco, he rarely did anything impressive other than not turning the ball over. Hand if off, make a few throws here and there and let defense & special teams win the game. He always, until this playoff run, came up short in the big games.

Kaepernick, while in a similar situation & currently running a fairly vanilla offense, makes way more plays than Flacco ever did in his first 4 years. Hell, Colin makes more plays than Flacco does now and Colin hasn't even played a full season yet. That isn't to say that right now, Flacco is a game manager as he has proven during this playoff run that he is capable of performing in the clutch, but Kaepernick has made plays in the clutch too and has a much higher ceiling.

So right now, I would take Kaepernick over Flacco. Arm strength is overrated anyhow. As long as you have the arm to make all the throws, any degree of cannon over that is irrelevent.

#10 bigmac65

bigmac65

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Easily Flacco. It will be interesting to see if Ravens defense can contain Colin K. he is fast an can get a first down and a lot more if they don't. I think this is one of the best matched games we have seen in a while.

#11 CharGP02A

CharGP02A

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Joe Flacco is a pocket passer and Colin Kaepernick is not. I pick Joe Flacco.

#12 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostWhiskey, on 28 January 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Yeah and Flacco was drafted to a team with a stellar defense & running game, much like Kaepernick. In all those road wins by Flacco, he rarely did anything impressive other than not turning the ball over. Hand if off, make a few throws here and there and let defense & special teams win the game. He always, until this playoff run, came up short in the big games.

Kaepernick, while in a similar situation & currently running a fairly vanilla offense, makes way more plays than Flacco ever did in his first 4 years. Hell, Colin makes more plays than Flacco does now and Colin hasn't even played a full season yet. That isn't to say that right now, Flacco is a game manager as he has proven during this playoff run that he is capable of performing in the clutch, but Kaepernick has made plays in the clutch too and has a much higher ceiling.

So right now, I would take Kaepernick over Flacco. Arm strength is overrated anyhow. As long as you have the arm to make all the throws, any degree of cannon over that is irrelevent.

Thats half correct. Last year Flacco outplayed Brady in the AFCCG in NE but you know what happened with his WRs and K. The year before he had a 21-7 lead over the Steelers in Pittsburgh at halftime then ray Rice fumbles, and then the downward spiral starts. Flaccos 1st 2yrs in the playoffs I would agree with you. But the last 3 seasons I think he is the reason they are winning IMO

#13 Whiskey

Whiskey

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postbumpy93, on 28 January 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Thats half correct. Last year Flacco outplayed Brady in the AFCCG in NE but you know what happened with his WRs and K. The year before he had a 21-7 lead over the Steelers in Pittsburgh at halftime then ray Rice fumbles, and then the downward spiral starts. Flaccos 1st 2yrs in the playoffs I would agree with you. But the last 3 seasons I think he is the reason they are winning IMO

Yeah last year Flacco made a couple good drives at the end of the game but he didn't play particularly well up to that point. Many people misundertand what "clutch" means. It isn't making that final drive, though that is part of it, but it is mostly playing well enough in the big game that you don't need to have miracle drives at the end of the game. When a QB leaves 21 points on the field going into the last drive, he has not been clutch.

#14 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostWhiskey, on 28 January 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Yeah last year Flacco made a couple good drives at the end of the game but he didn't play particularly well up to that point. Many people misundertand what "clutch" means. It isn't making that final drive, though that is part of it, but it is mostly playing well enough in the big game that you don't need to have miracle drives at the end of the game. When a QB leaves 21 points on the field going into the last drive, he has not been clutch.

A QB needs his WRs and TEs to make the catchs and his OL to block or he will look like crap no matter how good he is. Trent Dilfer won the SuperBowl for the Ravens in the 2000 season b/c of timley catches by Brandon Stokley, great running attack from Jamal Lewis and Preist Holmes, and lets not forget about the best defense of all time IMO.

Yes I do think the Ravens defense was better then the 1985 Bears defense and the Eagles defenses of the early 1990s. Is Trent Dilfer a great QB b/c he has a SB ring as a starting QB?

#15 Atlanta11

Atlanta11

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I was amazed by how easy kaepernick brought the 49ers back from being down 17-0 on the road.

I cant stand him and his kaepernicking now. He hasnt down enough to be show boating like he has been doing.

#16 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Joe flukko lol

Let the superbowl decide this question