Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Mock Draft Tracker

90 posts in this topic

The Senior Bowl has come and gone, meaning scouts and draftniks alike have been able to get an up-close look at some of the players entering April's draft. When it comes to projecting who the Eagle...

View the full article

If the Eagles are thinking of drafting a DT, they have to look at Jesse Williams from Bama. The guy is a beast no matter what scheme they put in place.

Maybe we can feel some roster holes from someone that looks good in the Pro Bowl today.

Geno Smith would be great, but I think Jarvis Jones from Georgia is the best impact player in the draft. If Oakland doesn't get him, I hope we do.

There will be an impact player waiting for the Eagles with the number 4 overall pick. I would think they would go with the corner Milliner, Whoever they pick will be a good one. I really hope they can make a move back into the first round and select another stud player while still keeping their second and third picks. I believe the Eagles have a lot of tradability and I hope Howie delivers a solid draft board for the new coach. The Eagles should have the upper hand in this years and maybe next years draft, due to the fact that Chip Kelly is fresh out of the college ranks and is familiar with a lot of the kids in this draft class. Kelly is going to be the top scout for the Eagles the next few years as he heads into the NFL draft. I'm sure he has his own draft board and knows some great players that other teams may over look. The beauty of having Chip as our head coach is he needs specific players to run his scheme, on offense anyway. And I think he'll go after the players who will fit his scheme, as well as on defense. Everybody talks offense when they talk about Chip Kelly but I think his defense may surprise a lot of skeptics. I think the Eagles go hybrid all around (offense / defense) and will be once again a team to fear the the NFL. I'm a big fan of a multi-D hybrid and I think the Eagles already have the building blocks for that system to work, with a few new additions to add of course.

If the Eagles think Geno Smith is a franchise QB and he is available at 4 Take him. We sure as hell don't have a franchise QB on the current roster. We have alot of needs on this team, A QB is one of them.

foles is a frnchise QB fgeno smith is hurt as often as vick and plys the same way.. terrible

we cant waste our pick on warmack as there is good guards later. That leaves either elam or milliner

I like your optimism, saveir...I just hope Kelly adjusts his offense so that we don't have a QB who is running the ball a lot. That is a risky proposition that lends itself to inconsistent results.

In terms of who we draft, I think there are some gaping needs on this team that I woul put in the following order: safety, cornerback, OT, OLB. If we can get that second pick in the end of the first, I think we can get Matt Elam...the best looking safety in the draft, in my opinion. The first pick could be milliner or if they don't go in that direction, a stud OT or OLB could be acceptable. There are no QB prospects worth picking before round 3 this year. No one has impressed enough to warrant not taking something we badly need, especially when Foles looks promising, in spite of the state of the team and O-line he had last year.

Let's address defensive needs first, let's bring in an impact safety or two, and let's lean on that defense while our offense finds its identity.

1 person likes this

brody how do you propose we trade into rd 1?! im curious. And if we cant, then i say we trade for 2 2nd round picks, take bothh jefferson and reid, and either start both of em with the CB tandem of milliner and DRC or we can see which one is better and start the better one along nate allen till we grab a safety next year in the draft s well. This would revamp our DB corps for years and would allow us to focus on getting our front 7 into the 3-4 scheme rosemans been talking about. Then we draft by tallent on the offensive side for the next few years, and we could be a contender in 2015

1 person likes this

If there, Joeckel is the pick at 4. He is 6'6" and 310 lbs. I'd try to trade back into the 1st round to grab Eric Fisher at 6'8" at 305. The Eagle would then have the 2 best OLT's in the draft and be set for 10 years. 2nd round go T J McDonald S from USC at 6'3" and 205 and 3rd round go after Warford RG from Alabama at 6'3" and 343 lbs. Those 3 OL players would be great together. Did you see him and Fisher play in the Senior Bowl? Getting those 2 OLT's make Peters expendable and a cost cutting move to boot. Peters is great but also coming off injury and older. Kelly needs to build the foundation this year.

Geno smith? He is not a mcnabb, abyone watch him really? He doeant even like to run, not as mobile as ppl think, and his decuaion makung of when to run is weird. Just cause a player is bestat his position in a draft by sum opinion doesnt make that playsr really good, juat bettsr than whats availbalw. Dee milliner only has 1 yr of starting in college, so hes getting looked ay because of his athletic ability and one college football season of work. Its a risky draft

Looks like the Jets are willing to trade Antonio Cromartie. We could have AC and DRC!

Im really not impressed this year with the class and gino is not the franchise qb hes already hurt. There not going to waste an overall 4 pick for that bum but i already know who are they taking thou someone on the inside told me :-) but i can't. Tell

I'd rather have E.J than Geno. Rather have Milliner than Joeckel...then again I think we could trade down and get Rhodes or Vacarro (or both) and still get a quality lineman in the 2nd.

hey philly you cant know who they are taking, because another team might jump on them so im calling bullspit on that one

and marcoislander... Andy Reid has joeckle as the #1 overall. KC all but said it outright,so we might as well move on. Lets not forget jake long will be a FA, however there wont be many high ability corners that are FA this year. I think its milliner, Reid, and williams in the first three rounds. After that I could care less about position draft for ability

I don't know if we trade a player this offseason to get some pieces and picks, but I would try to trade our 2nd and 5th rounder (or later) to get up into the end of the first to get Elam.

I agree getting quality OL is important, but I think spending one high draft pick on one is sufficient, with Dennis Kelly emerging as a solid option and the rest of the injured line coming back. We need S and CB so badly right now, we need to build a defensive foundation this year to have a chance. The NFL is turning more and more into a pass-first league and if your secondary is second-rate, you're as good as done, regardless of how solid your o-line is.

I want tall CB's and an enforcer of a safety (or two safeties) so that we can salvage this secondary with DRC and boykins remaining starters and nnamdi in a different role or traded away.

okay the way I see it, we dont need to draft an OLINE of Jake long is out there. Sign him, peters can go to RT, herramens inside and kelce and mathis are good still. Now we dont need to waste a draft pick at all so we can draft jake matthews next year to replace the 34 year old JP. With that said, I would prefer both milliner and elam, even if it Fs up in the draft 2 years from now, as we can work salary cap and sign some of the FA's to the team 2 years from now to better it. If we cant get elam because its tough to trade for a first rounder, Eric Reid in rd 2 now we have a 1/2 revamped secondary and picks to focus on other positions as well.

brody how do you propose we trade into rd 1?! im curious. And if we cant, then i say we trade for 2 2nd round picks, take bothh jefferson and reid, and either start both of em with the CB tandem of milliner and DRC or we can see which one is better and start the better one along nate allen till we grab a safety next year in the draft s well. This would revamp our DB corps for years and would allow us to focus on getting our front 7 into the 3-4 scheme rosemans been talking about. Then we draft by tallent on the offensive side for the next few years, and we could be a contender in 2015

Well heres how, some of the underacieving stars that we the fans are ready to send packing, still generate some interest with other teams. Some people including me believe that its no coincidence that both corners had 2 down seasons, before coming to Philly they were Pro bowl players and top of the free-agent class. True they could have both played better but I think there was a lot of confusion on the entire defense, so I'm not so sure we should part ways just yet to see if they come back 2 form under a new system. I still would draft a corner wether we keep ours or not. However either one would draw some trade interest from some teams, also Vick is still tradable. If we could get a nice deal for Kevin Kolb then Vick would surly be of some trade value. There are teams who would jump to try to get some of our rejects, we can send a pretty good trade package to a team with picks to spare. Vick, Nnamdi, DRC, I like Brent Celic but he's getting pretty banged up now. Wheel and deal'em. Second rond picks would be nice 2.

I think it would be best to trade down in the first round and trade a player for another pick as well. Theres a lot of good OL, and a ton of defensive prospects in this years draft. We shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket with the #4 overall pick.

Pace...the shift to 3-4 scheme is the reason I like williams/DT. Can play both 3-4 or 4-3. Not sure if he is a 4th pick talent but I kow he is moving up on the boards. Trade back a bit in the first, get another second, pick up Williams. BPA with the 2 2nds out of S, OLB, versatile Oline, CB. I think we will have luck trading down with NY football G, or KC for thier 2nd rnd pick, 3rd and maybe 4th. Not sure what kind of draft shape they are in but I'm checking. All depends on the draft board ratings at the time. Is fun to speculate though. All we can do for a while w/logs being added to the fire when more news is released,

First need is to bolster the O and D lines... Safety next....

Trade Michael Vick for another first round pick!

Maybe a 3rd. I say let the QBs fight for it. What every the scheme may be. We'll know by the 6th whether MV stays.