Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Runtherock

Grigson Named NFL Executive of The Year

33 posts in this topic

No front office employee under Lurie ever received the award, not Modrak, not Heckert, not Banner, not Howie.

1 person likes this

Awards mean nothing. Has he ever put together a " Dream Team "

should have kept!

Interviewed for GM here, Howie was hired over him.

Yeah, pretty tough when you have one of the top QB prospects ever fall right in your lap.

4 people like this

lurie has hired 2 coaches who have won coach of the year awards.

No front office employee under Lurie ever received the award, not Modrak, not Heckert, not Banner, not Howie.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

lurie has hired 2 coaches who have won coach of the year awards.

He also allowed John Harbaugh to leave while ignoring the death throes of the Reid reign.

He also allowed John Harbaugh to leave while ignoring the death throes of the Reid reign.

And he was supposed to deny Harbaught a HC interview? Wow.

And he was supposed to deny Harbaught a HC interview? Wow.

No, he should have terminated Reid and promoted Harbaugh, and I said so then. Wow.

Captain-Hindsight.jpg
4 people like this

Sure, its hindsight. But I'm not an owner of an NFL franchise, I'm not a personnel expert, I'm just a fan, and if realized Harbaugh was a great young coach and Reid was done, Lurie should have also, at a minimum. Neither was hard to see. As for Grigson, I had no clue, but again, Lurie should have. His shop. His employees. He's the one with the endless notes, etc.

Love this one.

Paul Domowitch @pdomo

Ex-Eagle personnel man Ryan Grigson won TSN Executive of Yr. award. Apparently he wasn't responsible for 2010-11 drafts either.

I'm no Howie fan obviously but Grigson isn't winning any award if he didn't inherit the first pick in the draft in the Andrew Luck year.

Sure, its hindsight. But I'm not an owner of an NFL franchise, I'm not a personnel expert, I'm just a fan, and if realized Harbaugh was a great young coach and Reid was done, Lurie should have also, at a minimum. Neither was hard to see. As for Grigson, I had no clue, but again, Lurie should have. His shop. His employees. He's the one with the endless notes, etc.

it's unknown as to how either candidate interviewed. i'm sure the owner and yourself have different perspectives of the organization and the direction either one would like the team to go. the obvious is to win a superbowl but maybe lurie saw a better plan that caught his eye from howie than grigson, we will probably never know because we dont know how their interviews went. as for harbaugh i think it would have been difficult to sell the fans on getting rid of reid for a ST's coach, at the time it was unheard of. lurie still believed in reid then and was also kind enough to all a good coach like harbaugh go and interview for jobs elsewhere.

Harbaugh I understand.. The hiring of Howie was a move that basically destroyed the franchise. Howie will push out anyone he sees as a threat. He's a Joe banner disciple that actually pushed out banner. That should tell you all you need to know about him. He's Banner on steroids without the Gollum looks

Awards mean nothing. Has he ever put together a " Dream Team "

right, bet he never hit the Gold Standard either.

They're giving awards for joining a team that tanked the previous year so you got the top draft pick?

Love this one.

Paul Domowitch @pdomo

Ex-Eagle personnel man Ryan Grigson won TSN Executive of Yr. award. Apparently he wasn't responsible for 2010-11 drafts either.

I'm no Howie fan obviously but Grigson isn't winning any award if he didn't inherit the first pick in the draft in the Andrew Luck year.

Did you happen to see the turnover of players on that team? One guy (QB) doesn't do that, give the man his credit, he did a great job there. Plenty of QB's taken #1 in the draft and those teams haven't had the turn around like the Colts did. By your logic than Luck is the MVP, Rookie of the year, QB of the year....anything else?

Did you happen to see the turnover of players on that team? One guy (QB) doesn't do that, give the man his credit, he did a great job there. Plenty of QB's taken #1 in the draft and those teams haven't had the turn around like the Colts did. By your logic than Luck is the MVP, Rookie of the year, QB of the year....anything else?

Luck was widely acknowledged to be the best QB prospect to come out in a decade. He led that team. There's no question he'll be leaving WIlson and RGIII in the dust in the next few years

He did a good job, without Andy running the show. Now we get to see how Howie does without Andy running the show.

1 person likes this

Far too easy to attribute all of Grigson's success to Luck, easy and inaccurate. He successfully rebuilt the O line to protect Luck, as just one example...and using our castoffs apparently.

right, bet he never hit the Gold Standard either.

Touche

Yeah, pretty tough when you have one of the top QB prospects ever fall right in your lap.

Yeah, he only turned over 90% of the roster and the entire coaching staff in one off season! Must have made tons of poor decisions, not like our Eagles who never make any poor decisions.

Well deserved award!

You have to look at who played QB for the Colts in 2011. They didn't have a guy like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell; they had Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky. They were built to have a complementary running game. When you have a terrible QB you need a running game. They didn't. With that their undersized D finally got exposed for what they were.

Sure Grigson hired a solid staff but the difference was getting rid of the old defense and drafting a QB. Usually the latter isn't so easy but they got lucky to be terrible in the right year. I would say his most difficult and best decision was retaining Reggie Wayne. Everybody forgets that he was virtually gone at this point last year.

However, had Andrew Luck got injured this season the perception would've been entirely different. Drew Stanton was their backup. The one position that most plagued the team in 2011 wasn't effectively addressed in 2012. They should feel blessed Luck was so durable.

Harbaugh I understand.. The hiring of Howie was a move that basically destroyed the franchise. Howie will push out anyone he sees as a threat. He's a Joe banner disciple that actually pushed out banner. That should tell you all you need to know about him. He's Banner on steroids without the Gollum looks

You,,, like 100% of every fan has ABSOLUTELY ZERO clue as to what goes on in the front office. Nor do you have a clue as to what Roseman has or hasn't done.

Unbelievable. I love all the business experts on these boards that MOSTLY work 9-5 jobs.

Not saying you are the typical Ameraican that works for someone and is blibnd to the world. But my god. How the frigg would anyone, including you and me, especially a non business owner have a clue about what goes on in the friggen business world. And specifically with the Eagles ??

There isn't a person in the world that could tell me a thing about the inner workings of my business. Nor would I ever dream of thinking my dumb arse would know the inner workings of another business as sure as all you people on here do.

You, like the rest of this boar5d has NO CLUE about it.