Photo

[Spadaro] Some Things I Think I Know ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,735 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

The Super Bowl is the line in the sand, right? After that this offseason is going to open up and all of the questions we have now will turn into answers, right? Not so fast there, Eagles fans ...

View the full article

#2 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

impatience is the best quality!

#3 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

hahaha... The fact that Reid moved up and down didn't guarantee good drafts... i don't expect Kelly to predict how good a future player will be. I would like him to blow some energy in that team, a new rhythm, New will power, that would be contagious and infect the players with the utmost WILL TO WIN GAMES!

#4 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

i just want a big monster of a number 1 receiver, bring on keenan allen, justin hunter, rogers or dwayne bowe. a safety who ball hawks, a strong safety who can cover a lil bit but hit hard. a linebacker who can shut down a tight end. and a corner like sheldon brown and a corner like asante opposite him.. i miss those days. i trust nick foles... i nvr believed in kolb or as my mom calls him honey kombs. def nvr was a fan of vick at any point of his career. hope we can trade him for anything useful. and sum brutal d line play. we need 2 guys on defense who qbs have to be like oh there he is i better becareful.

#5 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

2013-2014 eagles win the division with record of 11-5. eagles will suffer 2 losses and 3 random losses of course. will go into playoffs on a 2 game beginning streak. mccoy and brown combine for 1600 on the ground.
who ever our added receiver is will get around 900 yrds, maclin 700, avant around 500, jackson around 500. celek and new added tight end combine for 12 tds. foles starts and has 4th best td to int ratio in nfl. eagles make it to nfc title game against falcons and we will have to see what happens from there. u heard it here first!

*2 losses in a row

#6 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

"I say the Eagles are one very good right tackle -- I'm moving Todd Herremans back to guard -- away from having a great offensive line."

I don't think most people who watched this team for the last 2 seasons would say that Spuds...

#7 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'll go as far to say "servicable offensive line" at best...

#8 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Dub, not bad. After using our 7 first round picks to get thse "2 guys on the DL who the QB will be like ... oh there he is", the LB who can shut down any TE, the 2 new ballhawk and hitting safeties and the 2 new CBs... then we can draft that big #1 WR in the 2nd round and the stud TE in round 3. I can see us going 11-5 with that draft and probably beating the Faclons. I hope the Eagles make these subtle moves!

#9 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

i always thought if the team has to rebuild the defense cause it stinks, then u boost the offense! have a shoot out, cause most teams cant hang. the pats, saints and packers have done it when their defense stinks. 11-5 coming up!

#10 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Dub, I agree in theory... what magic happens that we all of a sudden get a high scoring offense?

#11 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I have a great prediction for next season:

football will be played, touchdowns will be scored, and one team ( maybe not us ) will win every single time we play.

DJax only 500 yards..... He must have gotten slow.

#12 Philefan4life

Philefan4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

When the hell are they going hire a freakin O-line and D-cord.........come on

#13 Old Feathers

Old Feathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Lord knows it's been tough to be an Eagles fan the last couple of years and it feels like an eternity since we made it deep into the finals. I hope this guy ( Kelly) turns out to be the real deal and we start getting things right. It would be nice if our season didn't end in December like it 's done too many times in the past .

#14 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

oh good....

it's phunt

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

NOW after a meeting i just had with the front office... in my mind of course. revis seems ready to go and he told me he will not hold . so we are going to trade for revis by sending the jets vick and danny watkins. u guys can thank me later. lol

#16 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

beleive one thing about chip kelly btw , he will do anything to score. we will score points this year finally. even if he puts swoop in at qb or wr, we will score

believe**

#17 Bruzer9.5

Bruzer9.5

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

You vill have to pardon my friend Spuds,..Dave sems a little shell-shocked und confused right now,..da confusion vill pass ven he realizes da complete dismantling of what he thought was a good team must occur,..da Fireman vill not "be back",...

#18 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Dave...how does the Fireman overcome a chronically bad ankle? Something AR knew about but still drafted him. A big reach in that draft because he was not projected as a first rounder.

#19 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Is someone really going to come in an offer DRC lots of cash ??....I thought in contract years , guys usually "over" performed instead of "under" performing. As far as that group goes..I guess I can see Landri and Tapp leaving. The other will prolly stay. Who knows ?

#20 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

vick and watkins for revis in the works!

#21 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

There is no need to panic or rush about when Chip's staff will be finalized. Per CBA coaches and payers can't practice together until ota's. The remaining candidates could be on these 2 SB teams. Those coaches can't sign a contract until next week.

#22 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

On the subject of Danny Watkins.. It was an awful pick when the Eagles selected him and it's even worse now... Terrible.

#23 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

which is why i always disapprove of picking an oline men in the first round. idc who was good and a great pick as a l linemen in the past and for which team. if there are skill positions to fill or defensive holes. u take that first. there is always a solid o linemen in the draft. there are hundreds in college, pick one that doesnt completely suck and is physical enuff to do what it takes to get the job done. like runyan. there is holding on every play call whether the ref calls it or not. get a 3rd rounder and be done with it!

now back to more pressing news spread the word vick and watkins for revis!!!

#24 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

oh good...

phunt is gone

#25 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

We can't afford Revis.

#26 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Eags hired OC from UVA as Qb coach Lazor

#27 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I agree with Spuds all the way. If peters can play effectively this season. I move herramans back to Guard. I try and keep Scott. reynolds and kelce at center. Kelly backup swing tackle. Mathis of course starts.This just leaves one gaping hole at right tackle. With some potential in free agency and of course the draft ahead i think they have a solid chance of getting a starter and having a solid line next season. That alone is hard not to get excited about.

#28 GreenBackBirds

GreenBackBirds

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

This team will be either 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 next year. My pre-draft, pre-season guess is 8-7-1. Our eagles have a long way to go on Defense. I personally would draft Star. Put him next to Fletcher Cox and we would have two mean DT's for years. I wouldn't mind moving back to like 8 thru 15 either and picking up an additional 2nd rounder. Then if Kelly wanted Geno, Barkley or a corner, safety or a big receiver later in the 1st round that would make more sense. I just don't want a wasted #4 pick on a QB, CB, S or WR. We can get the exact same player later in the 1st round. Please don't reach. Heck, depending on the DEF scheme we go with--TE'O may be available (fall big time in the 1st round or into the 2nd round, due to being young and a bonehead) for us later. Besides the goober imaginary story and the national championship play, he is one hell of a football player. Plus, TE'O will put on weight and muscle in the pros. If I had to guess when he gets drafted, It would probably be 17-22 in the 1st round. I'll go with 19. Anyways, just spitballing here. One of numerous ways it can go. Love this time of year. The excitement of the Superbowl (wish we were in it), New head coach and coordinators, everybody's guesstimates about the upcoming---coaching staff, trades, free agency, current roster, NFL draft and the fresh season. I have been an EAGLES fan for over 30 years and wouldn't trade it for the world.

#29 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Colt and Dorenbos are the only guys I'm looking to keep. I really would prefer Kelce or reynolds to master the longsnap this offseason opening up one more roster spot each week

#30 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Theres a petition to bring back Kelly Green ,never heard of him.