Photo
- - - - -

Warren Sapp gets voted in, Strahan gets snubbed. I call BS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

This is the absolute definition of a tragedy. I am utterly shocked and have no idea what to say. Strahan was the best DL of his generation, Sapp wasn't on his level. This is ridiculous.

#2 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Sapp should be in he has close to 100 sacks for a DT and he was beast in his prime, but i also think Strahan should have been in too, I wouldn't be shock if the voters felt sorry for Sapp's current finicial problem put him in hoping that HoF added to his name will get him out of debt, life after football for Strahan was been good, while Sapp has wasted his money like a ****..

#3 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Sapp should be in he has close to 100 sacks for a DT and he was beast in his prime, but i also think Strahan should have been in too, I wouldn't be shock if the voters felt sorry for Sapp's current finicial problem put him in hoping that HoF added to his name will get him out of debt, life after football for Strahan was been good, while Sapp has wasted his money like a ****..

Sapp was a gap shooter who got ridiculed on these forums his entire career for being an over rated blowhard. It wouldn't bother me if someone like Tim Brown got in over Strahan, but friggen Warren Sapp..... bull****.

#4 Eaglesdude55

Eaglesdude55

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Who cares, Strahan will be in next year anyways.

#5 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,570 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

This is the absolute definition of a tragedy. I am utterly shocked and have no idea what to say. Strahan was the best DL of his generation, Sapp wasn't on his level. This is ridiculous.

Read the newspaper sometime. This isn't a tragedy, Foos

Its a JOKE, but not tragic. He'll get in next year

#6 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'm extremely surprised Strahan didn't make it in, but it's not like Sapp was a bad pick either. This was a really strong class and unfortunately some really great players were going to be left out. He'll get in next year.

#7 bigmac65

bigmac65

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Never liked Sapp he is overrated a blob of a player, I think he was just an average player nothing more and not worthy of the Hall.

#8 MacGyver1

MacGyver1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi, you really think a "gap tooth" day time talk show host belongs in the HOF :roll: :roll:

Lewis is 10 times the player he is.

Read the newspaper sometime. This isn't a tragedy, Foos

Its a JOKE, but not tragic. He'll get in next year

Hi, you're a dreamer.

#9 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't see why you have to make a case for Sapp not deserving to be in in order to make a case for Strahan to be in. Neither one of them is a compelling first ballot guy in my opinion. Both great players, but not compelling. One made it this year, the other will make it eventually.

#10 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,665 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Who cares?

#11 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Who cares?

Since you took the time to click the thread, I'd wager a guess that you do :unsure:

#12 f_dallas

f_dallas

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Both are worthy. Strahan > Sapp.

No big whoop...both will get in.

#13 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,665 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Since you took the time to click the thread, I'd wager a guess that you do :unsure:

You'd lose money on that wager, cupcake.

#14 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hall of Fame needs to expand the number of players allowed in because it's getting ridiculous how many great players aren't in there. A true tragedy would be Tommy Nobis not being in the hall of fame almost 40 years after retirement.

#15 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't see why you have to make a case for Sapp not deserving to be in in order to make a case for Strahan to be in. Neither one of them is a compelling first ballot guy in my opinion. Both great players, but not compelling. One made it this year, the other will make it eventually.

Strahan is a pretty compelling first ballot guy. So many of todays DE's are gap shooters who don't play the run that well, Strahan was classic, he initiated contact, checked for the running back then went after the QB. Played the run as well as the pass and retired top 5 all time in sacks I believe. Manged to get 60-80 tackles each year despite being double and trippled on every play.

#16 smanno

smanno

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hall of Fame needs to expand the number of players allowed in

NO!!!!!!!!!!

This is suppose to be an elite club of special players. Any more would just water down the meaning it holds to be in the HoF. If anything I believe there are some years where less people should get in.

This is not a post about Strahan or Sapp.

#17 paco

paco

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 34,161 posts
  • Fan Since:2038

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Should be the other way around. Its bs

#18 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Wait a year then take the trip to Canton..he'll get in next year..would have been nice to have a "Giant" day in Canton this year though with Parcells and Strahan..Oh well..be the first team to play a SB in your home stadium next year and all will be well in world

#19 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

You'd lose money on that wager, cupcake.

2 responses in a thread you dont care about belies your words, liver lips

#20 BronxEagle

BronxEagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

2 responses in a thread you dont care about belies your words, liver lips

I hope he never gets in.

Screw him.

#21 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

When you consider the criteria HOF voters use when evaluating a candidate's "worthiness" it's no surprise that they didn't rate him as a 1st ballot HOFer:

1. Individual performance in comparison to his contemporaries:

Unfortunately for Ole' Gap Tooth, his #'s just don't stack up when compared to the 2 (unanimous, no less), 1st ballot HOF DEs from his generation.

- R White (played 15 seasons), 1,111 tackles, 198 sacks, double digit sacks in 12 of 15 seasons.

- B Smith (first 15 seasons), 1,054 tackles, 171 sacks, double digit sacks in 12 of 15 seasons.

- Strahan, (played 15 seasons), 851 tackles, 141.5 sacks, double digit sacks in only 6 of 15 seasons.

2. Team Accomplishements:

While he did play in 2 SBs (going 1 - 1), jersey did finish at .500 or worse in 8 of his 15 seasons.

So while IMO he does deserve to eventually get in, he's wasn't 1st ballot worthy and the voters obviously agree.

#22 RUEagle

RUEagle

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts
  • Fan Since:Cognizance

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Steal a coveted record that u don't deserve...don't get in HOF. Justice served to that gap-toothed F.

#23 Hoagie

Hoagie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,777 posts
  • Fan Since:Raw meat

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Want some cheese with that whine?

#24 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,743 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Stahan was the best player in that class and he didnt get elected i said the same thing Happy.

#25 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Stahan was the best player in that class and he didnt get elected i said the same thing Happy.

:nonono:

Larry Allen was the most dominate OG of his generation, Strahan was somewhere between (at best) 3rd to (at worst) 5th among his DE contemporaries depending where you slot DE/OLB Kevin Green (who was a HOF semi finalist the past 6 years but is not in) and DT/DE John Randle (who got in his 2nd year of eligibility).

#26 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

:nonono:

Larry Allen was the most dominate OG of his generation, Strahan was somewhere between (at best) 3rd to (at worst) 5th among his DE contemporaries depending where you slot DE/OLB Kevin Green (who was a HOF semi finalist the past 6 years but is not in) and DT/DE John Randle (who got in his 2nd year of eligibility).

no.

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

no.

Well after such a detailed, well thought out and fact-based retort I guess you've told me. :roll:

Stick to slobbin ricky's knob pinhead because you're completely out of your league here.

#28 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well after such a detailed, well thought out and fact-based retort I guess you've told me. :roll:

Stick to slobbin ricky's knob pinhead because you're completely out of your league here.

you're the eagles version of happy foosball.

http://espn.go.com/n...rs/_/stat/sacks

he's in the top 5 all time in sacks and he has the single season record. there really isnt a debate except for the fact he's a giant. Also you compared him to "contemporaries" when Strahan predominantly played in the 2000s.

#29 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

you're the eagles version of happy foosball.

http://espn.go.com/n...rs/_/stat/sacks

he's in the top 5 all time in sacks and he has the single season record. there really isnt a debate except for the fact he's a giant. Also you compared him to "contemporaries" when Strahan predominantly played in the 2000s.

Yes, top 5 in sacks, 58.5 behind Smith total ( and 30 behind him in his 15 season) and 56.5 behind White who like Strahan played 15 years with the huge difference being that both of White and Smith posted double-digit sacks in 12 of 15 seasons (80%) while Strahan only did it in 6 of 15 (40%) and he also trails both Green and Randle in sacks as well.

He played from 93' - 2007 , that's 7 seasons in the 90's and 8 in the 200's "predominately in the 2000s" yeah OK :wacko: .

Smith played from 85' - 2003 meaning they were contemporaries (played at the exact same time) for 11 seasons 93' - 2003.

White played from 85' - 2000 meaning they were contemporaries (played at the exact same time) for 7 seasons 93' - 2003.

Like I said just stick to doing what you do best, and please buy a dictionary. :roll:

#30 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yes, top 5 in sacks, 48.5 behind Smith total ( and 30 behind him in his 15 season) and 46.5 behind White who like Strahan played 15 years with the huge difference being that both of White and Smith posted double-digit sacks in 12 of 15 seasons (80%) while Strahan only did it in 6 of 15 (40%) and he also trails both Green and Randle in sacks as well.

He played from 93' - 2007 , that's 7 seasons in the 90's and 8 in the 200's "predominately in the 2000s" yeah OK :wacko: .

Smith played from 85' - 2003 meaning they were contemporaries (played at the exact same time) for 11 seasons 93' - 2003.

White played from 85' - 2000 meaning they were contemporaries (played at the exact same time) for 7 seasons 93' - 2003.

Like I said just stick to doing what you do best, and please buy a dictionary. :roll:

what you said is meaningless he's still top 5 in sacks.....