[News] Week Ahead Is One To Watch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

#181 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

jwood5151.. I was just speculating on who I think will be the new Defensive Coordinator.. I want to stay positive about this new regime.. Good god jwood5151 calm down about the front office.. They got their guy one way or another.. Whether its the right guy remains to be seen....The negativity is unbelieveable. I have alot of questions about this team too just like everybody else but lets not destroy it before we even know what its going to look like.

#182 joemas6

joemas6

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wood, imagine Jimmy Johnson (the guy with no NFL experience) ... if he didn't pick the right players for Jerry Jones and they didn't have that early success.  How would the Dallas front office look??  Like a circus with a power hungry control freak in Jones.  It's funny that it only takes one intelligent mind to put an organization on the right track.  I'm assuming Chip Kelly will be the dominant presence within the organization.  If Roseman is smart he will cater all his personel decisions to help Kelly get the type players he wants.  
Funny thing too... by the end of the 2013season the entire Eagles coaching staff will officially all have "NFL experience"   So for myself, it's more important to me how Kelly and the staff adjust to what the NFL will be like in 2014 and beyond than what their experience is 2013 and prior.

#183 joemas6

joemas6

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

My other question ... who on this 2013 Eagles team can seriously think they have enough of a football resume to not listen to their coaches because they lack NFL experience???  Nobody on this team should think they are that good.  They certainly haven't accomplished anything.  Anyone with the perceived bad attitude that many think was this issue in 2012, won't be here in 2014 because Chip has no loyalty to any of these current guys.  
Improving the talent is the issue, new coaches don't tolerate bad attitude from "someone else's players"

#184 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

If theres one thing about the coaching staff im stoked to see is Staley as RB coach ...........Everything else is pretty much a giant question mark ?????

#185 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

While some have taken the stance that what Chip has said in his few speechs is that he wants tall players. I think the key he is talking about is long arms. Reach is key. It's not so much about height even though that comes with long arms in many circumstances. Long arms to get off blocks. Long arms to bat down balls. Long arms to get that jam. Long arms to wrap up with to make that tackle.

#186 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Boley was realesed by the Giants. He is not young and I wouldn't sign him thinking of the future too much but if the team stays 4-3(which noone seems to think) he would fill out that lbs core perfectly.

#187 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,181 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

>>joemas: I like the parallel to Jimmy Johnson. In the end, he could live with Jerry Jones--but he did accomplish a great deal in a short time. I think the "irritation factor" and the "cooperation factor" are key elements in any relationship between Chip and his employers. Like you, I am watching and waiting in hope that it is successful even if its brief ( no need for another AR saga).

>>getch: If Chip's coaches get the squad blocking and tackling they will be ahead of the 2011 and 2012 teams...

#188 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Is anyone aware that they can offer the DC to a DC off on any team.  No lateral moves, right.  But, if they make that person also, assistanthead coach, it  would not be considered a lateral move.  I'm pretty sure I'm right on that one, but not positive.  They could do it, and could probably accomplish it by giving anyone interested in it, MORE MONEY.