- - - - -

Seattle will win the Superbowl next season.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,415 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

View Postmike030270, on 07 February 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Other than San Fran, whom they've already shown they can handle at home, their home schedule looks pretty easy. They should go 8-0 at home again. Their road schedule looks a bit tough.

#32 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Team:Saints

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostBravens1, on 04 February 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

They will beat the Panthers in the NFC.. As good as the Niners, Saints, Falcons, Blue may be, Seattle is in another league.. Book it. We all know that had they beaten Atlanta, they would have been the favorite.. I am convinced..

I disagree. Had they beaten Atlanta,the NFCCG would have been played in SF. I doubt the Niners would have been underdogs in their home stadium.Why the Panthers? They are currently
facing a teams worst nightmare. They're an average team with huge cap issues. Chris Gamble,John Beason,and DeAngelo Williams will most likely be released to free up much needed Cap
space. It's usually prior SB winning and contending teams that face Cap issues,not teams in rebuilding mode.

http://www.cbssports...ve-in-offseason

View Postpencil face, on 11 February 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Injuries play a big part in a team's demise, so if they stay healthy they are good choice to win it all, 9er fans talk a lot of smack since their team has return to being relevant, but they have been the most healthiest team over the last 2 seasons....

I agree. Seattle lost their best pass rusher in Chris Clemons during the Redskins game. He was clearly missed in the Atlanta game a week later. Without Clemons,the Seahawks had to
blitz to get pressure on Ryan. When you send a blitzer,the coverage is compromised and Ryan took advantage. Imo, if Clemons had been able to play,Seattle wins that game. Unless he
has the healing factor of AP,the Hawks will be without their best D-Lineman going into next year.

I also believe Justin Smith is the key to that Niners defense. Aldon Smith had 19 sacks before Justin tore his Triceps. He didn't have any after the injury. He was a gamer and fought
through the pain though,but you could tell he wasn't the same. He'll be 34 going into next season and you have to wonder how much longer he'll be able to play at his current level.

#33 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 04 February 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

I thought KC was a home game for us?

It is, Raiders game is in Oakland and I suspect will be second half of opening Monday Night Football doubleheader since the Raiders can only open at home on Monday and scheduling is much easier for the NFL is 49ers and Raiders open at home.  Also I think ESPN may want that game since it would be Chip Kelly's debut as head coach and ESPN has an excuse to use Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbrsteit (ESPN's top college football announcers) on the game if so.