- - - - -

Jackson on E's O in 2013: Mayhem for NFL DC's

more career loser talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,613 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...bout-chip-kelly

I have never seen so much talk from a group that has a resume as light as this group...Philadelphia Eagles, disappointing generations since 1960...52 years (and counting)

:roll:

#2 IggleWalt

IggleWalt

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,094 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

So now players can't be positive and happy? Just because you are a loser and unhappy doesn't mean everybody has to be.

#3 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,096 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sure, they could be positive and happy, but dont you think it would be wise for them to have a QB on the roster who can run his gimmick offense before taking said excitement public?

Makes perfect sense to me

#4 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostIggleWalt, on 04 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

So now players can't be positive and happy? Just because you are a loser and unhappy doesn't mean everybody has to be.

Hey, I'm always happy here..especially when I'm slapping around JNC with my johnson..I just think this is more delusional talk from a player on a squad who needs a reality check..he just went 4-12 for crying out loud

#5 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostGmen4ever, on 04 February 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sure, they could be positive and happy, but dont you think it would be wise for them to have a QB on the roster who can run his gimmick offense before taking said excitement public?

Makes perfect sense to me

Pretty much every original innovation in NFL history was labeled a "gimmick" initially with the big difference being they were only still considered a "gimmick" after the fact when they failed (see "the run & shoot") but genuis when the succeeded (see "WCO").

#6 nottsfootballfan

nottsfootballfan

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,878 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

There are a lot more reasons to be excited for the offense than the defense.

#7 IggleWalt

IggleWalt

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hey, I'm always happy here..especially when I'm slapping around JNC with my johnson..I just think this is more delusional talk from a player on a squad who needs a reality check..he just went 4-12 for crying out loud
I guess that's the difference between you and DJ. He has millions of dollars and plenty of women and you are trying to slap guys in the face with your wang. Now you see why he's so happy?

BTW Einstein 4-12 was the reality check. I swear that you Giant fans should move to TATE because you would fit in  perfectly.

#8 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

some team ran that gimmick offense in the SB and the ravens couldnt stop it. stfu rich. the eagles were better than the giants for the majority of the last decade.

#9 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

some team ran that gimmick offense in the SB and the ravens couldnt stop it. stfu rich. the eagles were better than the giants for the majority of the last decade.

Look at the records since the E's lost SB 39..it's really not even close...plus the 2 Lombardi Trophies sitting up in East Rutherford since then dispute your claim...

#10 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Look at the records since the E's lost SB 39..it's really not even close...plus the 2 Lombardi Trophies sitting up in East Rutherford since then dispute your claim...

Our 6 division titles arent better than your 3 what? You must struggle with math....

Eagles won the division 01 02 03 04 06 10
Giants won the division 00 05 08

relax you're not talking to mighty jnc, take off the boxing gloves and homer glasses.

#11 nottsfootballfan

nottsfootballfan

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,878 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

they had practically no success with the read option stuff.

#12 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postnottsfootballfan, on 04 February 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

they had practically no success with the read option stuff.

Yeah Kaepernick only had 370 yards of offense by himself. And they had huge success with the read option frank gore ran for 110 yards and 16 carries came out of the pistol.

#13 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Our 6 division titles arent better than your 3 what? You must struggle with math....

Eagles won the division 01 02 03 04 06 10
Giants won the division 00 05 08

relax you're not talking to mighty jnc, take off the boxing gloves and homer glasses.

Again, since 2004 your record is considerably worse..the 1st 4 years, there is no debate..the Giants fell off the face of the earth after losing to the Ravens and then choking away that game in SF...But, since 2005, there really is no debate...since then, you've collected a couple of worthless t-shirts for division titles/fluke games..they Giants have 2 shiny Lombardi Trophies in their facility...end debate.

#14 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,491 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Giants fans are shaking in their boots in here.  They know their hopes of winning another title rests on Eli's dwindling arm strength while the Eagles are taking steps to get younger and rebuilding for the future.

#15 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Again, since 2004 your record is considerably worse..the 1st 4 years, there is no debate..the Giants fell off the face of the earth after losing to the Ravens and then choking away that game in SF...But, since 2005, there really is no debate...since then, you've collected a couple of worthless t-shirts for division titles/fluke games..they Giants have 2 shiny Lombardi Trophies in their facility...end debate.
Agreed, but a decade is 10 years.We were better than you more years in from 2000-2010 than you were. Just because you won a SB doesnt make you better in years where you won less games and didnt advance as far. :lol:

#16 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostKzEaglefan86, on 04 February 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Giants fans are shaking in their boots in here.  They know their hopes of winning another title rests on Eli's dwindling arm strength while the Eagles are taking steps to get younger and rebuilding for the future.

Yeah I woke up in a cold sweat last night thinking of how much better the 4-12 Eagles will be next year simply because Jason Peters will be back...because they were a mighty 8-8 with him the year before

#17 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yeah I woke up in a cold sweat last night thinking of how much better the 4-12 Eagles will be next year simply because Jason Peters will be back...because they were a mighty 8-8 with him the year before
8-8 might win the division next year :lol:

#18 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Agreed, but a decade is 10 years.We were better than you more years in from 2000-2010 than you were. Just because you won a SB doesnt make you better in years where you won less games and didnt advance as far. :lol:

Let's call it a draw

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

8-8 might win the division next year :lol:

I won't go that far..9 could though..

#19 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,363 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Let's call it a draw
i'll give you +2 for the SB wins.

#20 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostDirty 30 Sucks, on 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

i'll give you +2 for the SB wins.
How generous!

#21 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,491 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

The Eagles are taking steps to reopen their window of opportunity, while the Giants are inching closer and closer to having theirs slam shut.  If you look at both teams objectively, which I have, you'd see that.

#22 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostKzEaglefan86, on 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

The Eagles are taking steps to reopen their window of opportunity, while the Giants are inching closer and closer to having theirs slam shut.  If you look at both teams objectively, which I have, you'd see that.

You're expecting something from him that he's totally incapable of doing there Kz.

#23 GrahamCracker

GrahamCracker

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,715 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

the same guy that wants to rape children likes rubbing his Johnson on grown men too. belongs in r&r at best.

#24 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostKzEaglefan86, on 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

The Giants are sticking to a plan that has paid major dividends in recent years, while the Eagles are, essentially, starting all over with a new coaching staff, 4 OL guys coming off major injuries, and very likely no QB on the roster to run the new style of offense. "New" doesn't always equate to improvement. I dont think you'd find a team that would take big changes over continuity, unless that team was consistently bad and picked top 5 in the draft every year.

#25 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 04 February 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

The Giants are sticking to a plan that has paid major dividends in recent years, while the Eagles are, essentially, starting all over with a new coaching staff, 4 OL guys coming off major injuries, and very likely no QB on the roster to run the new style of offense. "New" doesn't always equate to improvement. I dont think you'd find a team that would take big changes over continuity, unless that team was consistently bad and picked top 5 in the draft every year.

3, Peters achilles, Kelce knee, Herremans foot, Mathis played the whole year and the musical chairs at RG wasn't due to injury but ineffective play.

However if you're going to use the Bird's OL injuries as one reason why they can't expect to be successful next year doesn't the same apply to jersey considering:

- Bradshaw just had another foot surgery
- Snee is scheduled to have hip surgery
- Baas was injured and ineffective
(with 2 other OL starters Beatty & Boothe UFA)

- Nicks is hoping that just rest will heal his knee tear
- KP (UFA) is coming off another knee,
- Tuck's chronic shoulder problems
etc, etc

#26 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

3, Peters achilles, Kelce knee, Herremans foot, Mathis played the whole year and the musical chairs at RG wasn't due to injury but ineffective play.

However if you're going to use the Bird's OL injuries as one reason why they can't expect to be successful next year doesn't the same apply to jersey considering:

etc, etc

You had the same players on the OL for the most part AND a proven (somewhat) QB in 2011 and went 8-8..what makes you think you're going to be close to that or better with essentially a rookie QB in a new system with the same crap in your secondary coming back less Nnamdi (assumed)?

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

You had the same players on the OL for the most part AND a proven (somewhat) QB in 2011 and went 8-8..what makes you think you're going to be close to that or better with essentially a rookie QB in a new system with the same crap in your secondary coming back less Nnamdi (assumed)?

And the OL wasn't very good in 2011?  :wacko: Better go check your PFF "gospel" and see where they graded/ranked dimwit.

Our secondary did play like crap last year, that's why I fully expect a good portion of our considerable assests (picking 4th and will be roughly 30 - 40M under the cap) to be used there.

Meanwhile what's jersey going to do with a secondary that boasts the 110th out of 113 starting CB per PFF (scheduled to make over 9M no less), Rolle scheduled to make roughly the same and KP a UFA with a Shady-shreded knee?

Oh that's right Will Hill, (who based on what he did in HS got him a scholarship to Fla and what he did at Fla got him a contract with the Az Wranglers ), Hosely, who graded out even worse the Webster and a 1-legged TT will all be All-pros next year. :roll:

#28 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

etc, etc

Never said the Eagles wouldnt be successful. I was merely making a point to Kz when he mentioned his opinion that the Giants are running out of opportunities(ie...window is closing), while the Eagles are practically guaranteed to improve(ie..new, younger players/staff/etc). While he may not have used those exact words, the implication is as clear as day. Both teams have big question marks, and IMO, it's entirely possible that neither of them will go anywhere, at least from my standpoint on 2/4/13

#29 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

And the OL wasn't very good in 2011?  :wacko: Better go check your PFF "gospel" and see where they graded/ranked dimwit.

Our secondary did play like crap last year, that's why I fully expect a good portion of our considerable assests (picking 4th and will be roughly 30 - 40M under the cap) to be used there.

Meanwhile what's jersey going to do with a secondary that boasts the 110th out of 113 starting CB per PFF (scheduled to make over 9M no less), Rolle scheduled to make roughly the same and KP a UFA with a Shady-shreded knee?

Oh that's right Will Hill, (who based on what he did in HS got him a scholarship to Fla and what he did at Fla got him a contract with the Az Wranglers ), Hosely, who graded out even worse the Webster and a 1-legged TT will all be All-pros next year. :roll:

Howie Roseman vs Jerry Reese (with Marc Ross, whom many in TATE believe to be a talent evaluating God)

Need I elaborate???

#30 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Never said the Eagles wouldnt be successful. I was merely making a point to Kz when he mentioned his opinion that the Giants are running out of opportunities(ie...window is closing), while the Eagles are practically guaranteed to improve(ie..new, younger players/staff/etc). While he may not have used those exact words, the implication is as clear as day. Both teams have big question marks, and IMO, it's entirely possible that neither of them will go anywhere, at least from my standpoint on 2/4/13

Well I have to say it's certainly refreshing to see at least one  jersey fan actually admit it.

View PostGmen4ever, on 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Never said the Eagles wouldnt be successful. I was merely making a point to Kz when he mentioned his opinion that the Giants are running out of opportunities(ie...window is closing), while the Eagles are practically guaranteed to improve(ie..new, younger players/staff/etc). While he may not have used those exact words, the implication is as clear as day. and IMO, it's entirely possible that neither of them will go anywhere, at least from my standpoint on 2/4/13

Which would be completely understandable, if not expected, and acceptable (at least from where I'm sitting) in the Bird's case considering they're bringing in completely new systems on both sides of the ball and will most likely have either a QB with all of 6 career starts or someone who is not even on the roster yet, but would have to be considered the begining of the end (although I honestly believe that started last season), or at the very least the core of jersey's roster's window closing in the NFC.