- - - - -

Jackson on E's O in 2013: Mayhem for NFL DC's

more career loser talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#31 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Howie Roseman vs Jerry Reese (with Marc Ross, whom many in TATE believe to be a talent evaluating God)

Need I elaborate???

Certainly, and please tell us what exactly you think you know (emphasis on "think") about Roseman's track record, which picks in which drafts and/or which FA moves, etc he was responsible for verses Reid, when did they agree or disagree and he was overridden, etc?

Exactly, absolutely nothing (but what else is new).

And please just stop with "Reese is GOD crap", for every one of his handful of good picks since 2007 I could sight an equal # or more of career serious underachivers and/or flat out busts.

#32 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Certainly, and please tell us what exactly you think you know (emphasis on "think") about Roseman's track record, which picks in which drafts and/or which FA moves, etc he was responsible for verses Reid, when did they agree or disagree and he was overridden, etc?

Exactly, absolutely nothing (but what else is new).

And please just stop with "Reese is GOD crap", for every one of his handful of good picks since 2007 I could sight an equal # or more of career serious underachivers and/or flat out busts.

Please..Reid ran the Eagles..everyone knew it..let's see what Roseman is going fwrd...

And, despite your claims, Reese is generally regarded as a top 3 GM in the sport...he has his fingerprints on 2 world championship rosters...deny it all you want, you'd give up your barely functioning testicles for Reese and Ross over Howie..

#33 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please..Reid ran the Eagles..everyone knew it..let's see what Roseman is going fwrd...

And, despite your claims, Reese is generally regarded as a top 3 GM in the sport...he has his fingerprints on 2 world championship rosters...deny it all you want, you'd give up your barely functioning testicles for Reese and Ross over Howie..

So exactly like I said, you know absolutely nothing about Roseman's ability as a GM, for all you know he may be the next wonderkid.

As far as Reese goes, it was Accorsi' team that won the 07' SB with a fair # of them still valuable contributors in 11' (including the MVP) and outside of a handfull of 1st rd picks (which every team expects to become starters), who exactly has he selected in any other round that has actually turned out to be "all that" (and please don't give me Cruz because as an URFA he had been scouted and had offers from several teams and he picked jersey, not the other way around).

#34 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

So exactly like I said, you know absolutely nothing about Roseman's ability as a GM, for all you know he may be the next wonderkid.

As far as Reese goes, it was Accorsi' team that won the 07' SB with a fair # of them still valuable contributors in 11' (including the MVP) and outside of a handfull of 1st rd picks (which every team expects to become starters), who exactly has he selected in any other round that has actually turned out to be "all that" (and please don't give me Cruz because as an URFA he had been scouted and had offers from several teams and he picked jersey, not the other way around).

Nicks, when healthy, is a top 5 WR. JPP has the ability to be All Pro. He was already. He's more than "serviceable" as you keep saying. KP was the 6th best FS in 2011. Without him in 2012, they surrenderred like 30 pass plays of 30 yards or more..when he plays, no one throws deep on them..
Wil Beatty is going to make some $$ this year by someone...I guess he sucks? Linval Joseph is one of the best kept secrets in the NFL. The rest are players who need to step up, in particular Jaquain Williams and Marvin Austin, who had he not gotten suspended, was probably a top 20 pick in 2011..this is his make or break year, no doubt..

#35 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Nicks, when healthy, is a top 5 WR. JPP has the ability to be All Pro. He was already. He's more than "serviceable" as you keep saying. KP was the 6th best FS in 2011. Without him in 2012, they surrenderred like 30 pass plays of 30 yards or more..when he plays, no one throws deep on them..
Wil Beatty is going to make some $$ this year by someone...I guess he sucks? Linval Joseph is one of the best kept secrets in the NFL. The rest are players who need to step up, in particular Jaquain Williams and Marvin Austin, who had he not gotten suspended, was probably a top 20 pick in 2011..this is his make or break year, no doubt..

Nicks, JPP, KP, Like i said, "besides 1st rd picks", please for the love of GOD either learn to comprehend what you read or stop responding, who has Reese selected in 6 drafts OUTSIDE OF THE FIRST ROUND" who has really done ish?

"KPP was the 6th best safety in 2011", according to your bible (PFF) right, but when it's someone like Cox, who they graded out ahead of every jersey DT against the run, was named to their all rookie team (any jerseyittes make it btw?) and had more sacks that anyone on jersey's DL expect JPP (1 less) fans of other teams can't hang their hats on it?

That in the nutshell is why everyone thinks you're a completely clueless, blind-homer, dipsheet ricky, "every jersey draft pick is destined to be a star", "every 2nd year player is ready to make a big leap" , "every completely unproven player the coaching staff is high on is a can't miss", etc, etc, ad naseum, but when someone else expects their team's draft picks to perform, younger players to take the next step and so on that's all "wishful thinking" on their part.  

Oh' and BTW I never said JPP was 'servicable", I said he was a "solid but hardly dominant" full-time starter at RDE which he clearly proved when asked to be exactly that this past season.

#36 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Nicks, JPP, KP, Like i said, "besides 1st rd picks", please for the love of GOD either learn to comprehend what you read or stop responding, who has Reese selected in 6 drafts OUTSIDE OF THE FIRST ROUND" who has really done ish?

"KPP was the 6th best safety in 2011", according to your bible (PFF) right, but when it's someone like Cox, who they graded out ahead of every jersey DT against the run, was named to their all rookie team (any jerseyittes make it btw?) and had more sacks that anyone on jersey's DL expect JPP (1 less) fans of other teams can't hang their hats on it?

That in the nutshell is why everyone thinks you're a completely clueless, blind-homer, dipsheet ricky, "every jersey draft pick is destined to be a star", "every 2nd year player is ready to make a big leap" , "every completely unproven player the coaching staff is high on is a can't miss", etc, etc, ad naseum, but when someone else expects their team's draft picks to perform, younger players to take the next step and so on that's all "wishful thinking" on their part.  

Oh' and BTW I never said JPP was 'servicable", I said he was a "solid but hardly dominant" full-time starter at RDE which he clearly proved when asked to be exactly that this past season.

Cox is a very good player. I'm not debating that, numbnuts. If that's where he graded out, good for him. And with regards to JPP. He had one year he dominated the competition and one where he struggled. Of course the "struggle" year in your world is what he is, despite being a top 5 DE this past year per PFF. Sacks never tell the entire story. I would think someone who thinks he's a know-it-all such as yourself would know that, but then again....

And, with regards to what I put in bold...other than you, whom I don't take seriously in the least, no one else here feels that way..but again, whatever helps you stomach the fact that the E's are the new Redskins in the NFC East...

#37 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Cox is a very good player. I'm not debating that, numbnuts. If that's where he graded out, good for him. And with regards to JPP. He had one year he dominated the competition and one where he struggled. Of course the "struggle" year in your world is what he is, despite being a top 5 DE this past year per PFF. Sacks never tell the entire story. I would think someone who thinks he's a know-it-all such as yourself would know that, but then again....

And, with regards to what I put in bold...other than you, whom I don't take seriously in the least, no one else here feels that way..but again, whatever helps you stomach the fact that the E's are the new Redskins in the NFC East...

"Dominated" as a virtual unknown who moved all around the DL and "struggled" as the starting RDE once teams had a full season of tape on him and adjusted their protection schemes accordingly. Hmmm, interesting and yet 100% acurately predicted here by me and others before last season ever started. :roll:

#38 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

"Dominated" as a virtual unknown who moved all around the DL and "struggled" as the starting RDE once teams had a full season of tape on him and adjusted their protection schemes accordingly. Hmmm, interesting and yet 100% acurately predicted here by me and others before last season ever started. :roll:

Again, just like you hope Nicks goes for surgery, you're reaching here...He's going to trim back down to his weight last season and work with Strahan all spring refining his pass rush moves...remember, he was a raw talent coming out of South Fla...he adjusted in year 2..in year 3, the competition did (yet still graded out top 5 in the NFL)...he's not an overachiever like Graham..he's an elite DE talent who still has room to improve; which is scary...

....whatever helps you cope with the reality, dude...whatever helps

#39 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Again, just like you hope Nicks goes for surgery, you're reaching here...He's going to trim back down to his weight last season and work with Strahan all spring refining his pass rush moves...remember, he was a raw talent coming out of South Fla...he adjusted in year 2..in year 3, the competition did (yet still graded out top 5 in the NFL)...he's not an overachiever like Graham..he's an elite DE talent who still has room to improve; which is scary...

....whatever helps you cope with the reality, dude...whatever helps

I'm not "hoping Nicks has surgery", whatever treatment option his doctors think is best is up to them, although because I do like the kid having watched him play since his days at Independence HS, I am hoping that if they do roll the dice on rest vs surgery it's the right call because I would honestly hate to see him completely tear it next season which would more than likely end his career.

As far as JPP goes he barely sniffed the field as a rookie so what exactly did he "adjust to from year 1 to year 2"?

Bottom line, he was an unknown commodity in year 2, teams adjusted/figured him out and he was nothing more than a solid but hardly dominant FT starter at RDE in year 3.

However you know what's transparently hilarious about this whole discussion, according to you I'm FOS when I say he "struggled" last season (which his production when compared to the previous season and/or compared to some of the other young DEs in the league undeniably shows), but now "he needs to lose weight", "refine his pass rushing techniques", etc.

So which is it, if he didn't in fact "struggle", then why does he need to be in better shape and refine/improve his pass rushing repitore (especially considering how unimportant sacks are for RDEs :wacko: )?

Damn, I've heard of people talking out of both sides of their mouth, but your head apparently has more holes than a block of swiss cheese.  :roll:

#40 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 04 February 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I'm not "hoping Nicks has surgery", whatever treatment option his doctors think is best is up to them, although because I do like the kid having watched him play since his days at Independence HS, I am hoping that if they do roll the dice on rest vs surgery it's the right call because I would honestly hate to see him completely tear it next season which would more than likely end his career.

As far as JPP goes he barely sniffed the field as a rookie so what exactly did he "adjust to from year 1 to year 2"?

Bottom line, he was an unknown commodity in year 2, teams adjusted/figured him out and he was nothing more than a solid but hardly dominant FT starter at RDE in year 3.

However you know what's transparently hilarious about this whole discussion, according to you I'm FOS when I say he "struggled" last season (which his production when compared to the previous season and/or compared to some of the other young DEs in the league undeniably shows), but now "he needs to lose weight", "refine his pass rushing techniques", etc.

So which is it, if he didn't "struggle", then why does he need to be in better shape and refine/improve his pass rushing repitore (especially considering how unimportant sacks are for RDEs :wacko: )?

Damn, I've heard of people talking out of both sides of their mouth, but your head apparently has more holes than a block of swiss cheese.  :roll:

He struggled in sacks only this past season...he put on extra weight that may have affected his speed off the line..he, upon team request, made a change in his weight and it didn't pan out..he was still a monster in run d and QB pressures..thus the top 5 ranking..as far as improving his technique-tell me what athlete in any sport doesn't want to get better? He'll be a better player next season...Anyway..I'm heading home..I'd say you were a pleasure today, but I'd be lying...new day, same miserable insufferable son of a *****

#41 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postrich36, on 04 February 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

He struggled in sacks only this past season...he put on extra weight that may have affected his speed off the line..he, upon team request, made a change in his weight and it didn't pan out..he was still a monster in run d and QB pressures..thus the top 5 ranking..as far as improving his technique-tell me what athlete in any sport doesn't want to get better? He'll be a better player next season...Anyway..I'm heading home..I'd say you were a pleasure today, but I'd be lying...new day, same miserable insufferable son of a *****

Yeah, they asked him to put on extra weight in the hopes that it would help him hold up as a first time, full-time starter

Unfortunately the weight wasn't why he "struggled", it was because he was unable to adjust to being the primary focus of the opposition's protection schemes, something all consistently producing RDEs in the history of the NFL have either had to adjust to or fade into obscurity.

Oh' and if you can't handle the harsh realities of what I post don't respond, because frankly constantly bish-slappin around someone so hopelessly devoid of any actual knowledge (on virtually any subject) is extremely unchallenging and really quite tiresome.

Anywho, have a safe trip buddy and say hey to Big Momma and the Tranny for me.

#42 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,086 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

You guys don't get tired of arguing about the same dumb ish every day? You really needed a new thread to do it in?

#43 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostL.E., on 05 February 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

You guys don't get tired of arguing about the same dumb ish every day? You really needed a new thread to do it in?

Since JNC is quite content in getting shredded on here on a daily basis, guys like me, BKLYNYG, and GMEN are more than happy obliging...

#44 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Postrich36, on 05 February 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Since JNC is quite content in getting shredded on here on a daily basis, guys like me, BKLYNYG, and GMEN are more than happy obliging...

:roll:

Although the fact that you actually believe that does perfectly explain, and even excuse, the nonstop string of completely clueless, totally delusional BS you post here ricky.

#45 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostMightyJNC, on 05 February 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

:roll:

Although the fact that you actually believe that does perfectly explain, and even excuse, the nonstop string of completely clueless, totally delusional BS you post here ricky.

whatever dude...it must suck knowing right now you have no chance at the playoffs next season..I guess you know what it feels like to be a Pittsburgh Pirate fan...

#46 MichaelWMS

MichaelWMS

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Fan Since:2010

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostGmen4ever, on 04 February 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sure, they could be positive and happy, but dont you think it would be wise for them to have a QB on the roster who can run his gimmick offense before taking said excitement public?

Eh, no.

#47 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

View Postrich36, on 05 February 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

whatever dude...it must suck knowing right now you have no chance at the playoffs next season..I guess you know what it feels like to be a Pittsburgh Pirate fan...

You're right, "I don't have a chance at the playoffs next season", not only the NFL playoffs but the playoffs of any of the other 3 major sports because I'm not a professional athlete employed by any of those teams.  

However, as you have clearly demonstrated here many, many times, your life is so completely devoid of any substantive meaning that it has rendered your emotional and psychological well being, no, your entire existence in fact, to living vicariously through, and dependent on the fortunes of a sports franchise that "tragically pathetic" dos not come close to describing it.

Now whether the Philadelphia Eagles do or do not "have a chance at the playoffs next year" is TBD, however (and of course you wouldn't have of prayer of knowing this), but the fact (with "facts" of course being yet another completely foreign concept in your world) that "worst to first", "Cinderella stories" and the like are as much of a ingrained mainstay in professional sport's history as any other.

So with that said I'll just wait until the the "Chip Kelly year 1" story is written and enjoy the ride, but win or lose it will not affect or alter the richness of my life in any way.

#48 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostMightyJNC, on 05 February 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

You're right, "I don't have a chance at the playoffs next season", not only the NFL playoffs but the playoffs of any of the other 3 major sports because I'm not a professional athlete employed by any of those teams.  

However, as you have clearly demonstrated here many, many times, your life is so completely devoid of any substantive meaning that it has rendered your emotional and psychological well being, no, your entire existence in fact, to living vicariously through, and dependent on the fortunes of a sports franchise that "tragically pathetic" dos not come close to describing it.

Now whether the Philadelphia Eagles do or do not "have a chance at the playoffs next year" is TBD, however (and of course you wouldn't have of prayer of knowing this), but the fact (with "facts" of course being yet another completely foreign concept in your world) that "worst to first", "Cinderella stories" and the like are as much of a ingrained mainstay in professional sport's history as any other.

So with that said I'll just wait until the the "Chip Kelly year 1" story is written and enjoy the ride, but win or lose it will not affect or alter the richness of my life in any way.

based on your style of posting and interacting with other fans here on the EMB, I can't fathom your life being "rich" in anyway....
and, you know nothing about me or my life away from here..my life hardly revolves around the Giants (or any team) or this EMB-I'm never on after 4:30..but I do see you the next morning demeaning other posters well into the evening hours from time to time...so you tell me, how exactly is your life "rich"?

#49 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postrich36, on 05 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

based on your style of posting and interacting with other fans here on the EMB, I can't fathom your life being "rich" in anyway....
and, you know nothing about me or my life away from here..my life hardly revolves around the Giants (or any team) or this EMB-I'm never on after 4:30..but I do see you the next morning demeaning other posters well into the evening hours from time to time...so you tell me, how exactly is your life "rich"?

You're in your mid to late 20's, live in Westchester NY, unmarried (shocker :rolleyes: ), work in some mind-numbing, cubicle-drone job in the "financial services industry", struggle constantly with latent mo' tendencies, were the inspiration for the Patton Oswalt character in "Big Fan" and know next to nothing about sports.

(No need to elaborate).

#50 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostMightyJNC, on 05 February 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

You're in your mid to late 20's, live in Westchester NY, unmarried (shocker :rolleyes: ), work in some mind-numbing, cubicle-drone job in the "financial services industry", struggle constantly with latent mo' tendencies, were the inspiration for the Patton Oswalt character in "Big Fan" and know next to nothing about sports.

(No need to elaborate).

Trying to be funny.....failing miserably...very similar to your football team's quest for a playoff spot in 2013...

#51 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postrich36, on 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Trying to be funny.....failing miserably...very similar to your football team's quest for a playoff spot in 2013...

Meh' maybe a B- on the laugh meter but A++ for acuracy.

#52 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostMightyJNC, on 05 February 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Meh' maybe a B- on the laugh meter but A++ for acuracy.

just like you probably haven't gotten it up since the early Clinton Administration

#53 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,351 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

our offensive line was extremely good in 2011 Vick sucked.

#54 whodi.

whodi.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I Fing hate the attitude on this team. They think they're Fing champions or something. They're 4 and friggin 12 and they're still acting cocky. Seriously cut this ****, sick of these arrogant morons on this team.

#55 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

@GeoffMosherCSN: D-Jax on NFN: "Defensive coordinators are gonna have long, sleepless nights thikning about how theyre’ gonna stop Philadelphia Eagles."

I have never seen so much talk from players who have won so little...

:thumbsdown: