Photo

[News] Fan-Demonium: The Vision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,904 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Back in 1958, the Eagles went 2-9-1. The team had six Pro Bowl players - Norm Van Brocklin, Tommy McDonald, Pete Retzlaff, Billy Ray Barnes, Jerry Norton and Tom Scott. The Eagles had big-time tal...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,262 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

We need night vison goggles.

#3 slt20

slt20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

I am looking forward to a new 3-4 defense. We need a big body at NT. We also need better safety play. What happened to smash mouth football? We need a physical, big safety. We also need a leader in the same mold as Dawkins. Perhaps, have Dawk come back and be part of this organization would be a smart move.

#4 JonnyTsunami

JonnyTsunami

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

sign Cris Kemoeatu LG before someone else does.

#5 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,708 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

>> DDD: Wondering if Tommy Lawlor isn't about ready to "Pipp" Dave Spadaro is the official mouthpiece of the Eagles. Spuds has been awesome,but, I kind of wonder if he isn't treading water. I bet several NFL clubs would be delighted to have him.

Buck Shaw traded for Norm Van Brocklin a 32 y/o "professional football player" as his key move. He also had been a "professional HC" of the San Francisco 49'ers before taking the assignment with the Eagles some years later.

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Def sums it up. We should go with Foles and draft a Kelly type QB to groom and get ready for the next 4 to 5 yrs. Shouldn't be a big deal. Vick was just horrible and their is No way on earth they can pay him anything close to what he is projected to make. If he goes with Vick, I think Tommy is right that they would be pipe dreaming about a super bowl. He is a run first guy and we seen McCoy run well with little help from the O line. Bryce Brown and Dion Lewis could fit well into Kelly's system. Brown and Lewis just needs some hard coaching. Most of all the wide out's and line men have to be physical and Block. That includes Djax, we can't have him blocking, when he feels like it. The secondary needs an overhaul, but other then that we have Kelly type guys on D. If he uses Cole or Graham as linebackers. Gets a couple more big D lineman and a good staff. Looks to win for years to come. Then I think he couldn't get a younger, faster team to coach. Do think Watkins should be let go. He was a first round pick. We need athletic linemen.

#7 Ken#1

Ken#1

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

The bargains acquired in 2011 were for the most part flops!!! Secondly ever a healthy offensive line is not very good at it's best it maybe adequate? You always over rate the talent on this football team. The Eagles need
a sure fire CB starter and at least an adequate safety. The O line also needs to be upgraded with player capable of dominating the opponents defensive line. The skill players on the offense also need help and change. Jackson needs to go he is not the receiving threat you think he is. The Eagles need a big talent receiver (like T O) but without the attitude. Then lets see if Kelly can coach in the NFL.

#8 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Vick HATERS continue with their BIAS and are all ready to discard Mike perhaps Kelly will put a REAL O Line to protect the player Mike Vick is soo many STUCK on the statuesque Standing tall inthe pocket QB has me wondering if y'all actually watch N.F.L games or recognise those OLD SCHOOL STEREOTYPICAL Statuesque QB are fast becoming a thing of the past. Manning, Brady and QB's of that ILK were all beaten as Defenses have figured out how to shut down the so claimed SMART , BRAINY, IMMOBILE , STATUES with their speed and play recognization why would I want Nick who has yet to demonstrate any mobility outside the pocket.

The good news is Kelly has had success with both types of QB but to think that Nick is the long tern answer while watching Kapebick, Russell Wilson and RG111 scare the hell out of defenses with their athletic ability well perhaps y'all LUNACY will prevail WE SHALL SEE.

#9 Brodieman

Brodieman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

A running QB just lost the superbowl to a big QB who stays in the pocket most of the time RG 3 is injured, Vick is injured, Wilson, Kaepernick, and RG 3 have all flourished in these option-based offenses, but there are just as many, if not more viable examples of QB's who get it done without scrambling for yards.

There are places in the league for both QB types, but I have had my fair share of gimmicky offenses that rely on the QB's feet for success. I'm tired of holding my breath on half of the plays, hoping the season isn't about to end. Foles looks good enough, let's fix the D and see what he can do while grooming a late-round backup plan.

#10 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

trini - while you bring up a vailid point, dont forget.. we werent all that good with vick running the show in 2011 behind a HEALTHY O-line. Vick's time here (or at least being the starter) is quickly coming to an end.

#11 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Current Eagles have a loosing spirit inside the team. They gave up on Andy and they will give up on Chip unless Chip cuts ties with the players young or old who are not optimists. My concern is that a lot of players on this team NEED to go, but it will take a lot of time before CHIP has a luxury to let them GO.

#12 mwh27

mwh27

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I sure hope Tommy doesn't take Spuds' job. They are they only two I read for strictly Iggles news. I like the idea of going either way on D. Go 3-4 but throw some 4-3 in and 5-2 for that matter. Keep the corners and Colt. Like SLT said, bring in a big NT, trade/FA for a 'good' OLB and S n draft one of each 2nd/3rd round. We could trade down in the 1st, get a late first, 2nd, 4th? Grab Williams/NT, Supposed to be good S and LBs all thriough the draft.