Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] A List Of Must-Haves For QB Here

157 posts in this topic

I'm not going to posture and tell you I know who Chip Kelly wants as his quarterback in 2013. I do not know. But as we put together some of the thoughts about the kind of offense Kelly wants, we can discuss the QB's must-have attributes ...

View the full article

John Clayton says MV will be released on Friday.

tim mc manus says he won't. :P

i agree with the 'and then some' part, dave !! ;)

Releasing MV and resigning with us could be an option...too.

Question- Is there a quarterback in the draft that we KNOW,not think, KNOW that would be better than MV. Yes I know he is often injured and this past season he was turnover central, but a fair amount had to do with him getting absolutely pummeled right after the snap on waaay to many occassions. Say he gets released and resigned at a fair number or we pay the 3mil and restructure, to me the MV story is not all doom and gloom. Be careful what you wish for Ya'll.

1 person likes this

I believe the Eagles should cut MV with his tunrovers and injuries just isn't worth keeping around its time to move on.

Keep Foles atleast give him a fighting chance he isn't the fastest guy but he can pick up a few yds if he had to run the read option reminds me alot of Flacco or Big Ben in how he runs.

Draft a Qb that can compete for the job and be a good fit someone like EJ Manuel or Matt Scott could be a good options

Sign Dennis Dixon or Darron Thomas or both to add to competition and to bring in a QB that knows what kelly wants and can help the other guys on roster maybe keep on of them as like the 3rd string QB

Seems to be a fair amount of negative speculation regarding the present and future state of our beloved birds as well. I realize that the past few years have been rough on most of the feathered faithful and that change can sometimes be difficult and uncomfortable but there is more of a chance that this "change" will be positive IMO. This team is NOT void of talent! It is not void of talent in the right places! With the right coaching, injection of renewed energy, a good draft, diligence in free agency and some injury luck, this ship can be righted.

2 people like this

93...supposedly, Eagles are talking to Dixon's agent.

I like what Nck has done as well. He does have most of the tools to make it work. I also could see Dixon being a good move. I just don't see a quarterback in the draft where the pro's outway the cons. Any draft pick that we would use on a QB in this draft (rd 1-4) would be better used at another position.

C5...i am prepared to give Chip time. Let him get his feet wet in the NFL...let him breathe. This fan base is stressing over when the DC will be announced. Mercy..give Chip time. The coaches cannot practice with the players until ota's. Calm down...Eagle fans.

3D- I agree. I, like most Eagles fans, am looking for some news every day. I do know however, that good deals and decisions take time. This is Big Business! Not Madden 2013! These choices will affect many lives for many years. Chill out folks.

1 person likes this

BG- Where do you think EJ gets drafted provided he has a nice pro day? Personally I don't think he makes it out of Rd2. He may sneak down to Rd 3 but I doubt it.

93...hit the nail on the head last year with Wilson the qb. That guy is a special talent.

C5....If Manuel has a good pro day/combine he will most likely be a 2nd round QB if he struggles or does poorly he could become a late 3rd maybe even a 4th round QB. Also like Matt Scott who was Foles backup at AZ nad did a great job in his Senior yr leading AZ could be a nice pickup in the 5th maybe even 6th round

Everyone keeps thinking out loud as to weather Vick or Foles are the right quarterbacks for Kelly's offense but I haven't read anything about the possibility of Trent Edwards. I got to believe Chip is looking at him as well. Although I like Foles, Edwards is faster and of course he is an intelligent guy graduating from Stanford. Trent is 6ft 4 inches tall and weighs 230 pounds and was considered a mobile passer with the ability to throw the ball running out of the pocket by (Sports Xchange) coming out of college 6 years ago. Although Trent didn't play much last year he was very good in the pre season games. He had 54 completions for 80 attempts in passing with 4 touchdowns and more importantly "0" interceptions. Hmm!

Sign Dixon and drop Vick today! That $15.5 will be nice to spend on other holes. Can't wait!

If MV is released...pure speculation...at this point. Do you think he clears waivers?

BG- As of today, If I where to hang my hat on a QB to draft, it would be Tyler Wilson. Really tough kid that can read and react well. He got pummeled this past year but will probably rise quickly before April. The problem that I am having is that we NEED to draft good young players in other positions. RT, S, CB, DT, OG, LB, S, S in that order. Would love to get Byrd in here as well.

3D, for MV to be claimed off of waivers... without renegotiating his deal... the team would have to pay his contract. The other question... if he gets claimed, does that new team have to pay the $3mil??

1 person likes this

joe....that is only if we keep him past tomorrow.

We don't have to pay Vick anything if we drop him today.

1 person likes this

3D, for MV to be claimed off of waivers... without renegotiating his deal... the team would have to pay his contract. The other question... if he gets claimed, does that new team have to pay the $3mil??

thanks Joe...so no team will put a waiver claim on him unless the contract is drastically reduced. I would think the other team would be liable for the $3mil.

joe....that is only if we keep him past tomorrow.

We don't have to pay Vick anything if we drop him today.

very good...

My 2 cents... MV is released, does not clear waivers and is resigned. Dixon is signed and we go into camps with MV, Foles, Edwards and Dixon. All bring unique qualities to an evolving scheme. Let the best man win!!! Thats really not all that bad.

1 person likes this