[News] A List Of Must-Haves For QB Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#151 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Moblack029..... So pretty much cut the entire offense and focus on that this season. That will work out grrreeeeaaat.

#152 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Sign Alex Smith and just focus on the defense. Grab Milliner or Jarvis Jones in the draft. Cut DRC and start Boykin. Move Nnamdi into straight up one on one and press coverage like he was good at playing in Oakland. The O-line will be great this year and I believe that strongly.

#153 BirdFanInSacramento

BirdFanInSacramento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

The offensive line has to be priority ONE! I know everyone seems to be in love with Jason Kelce at center. I don't see it. Go back and watch film. When he has a Nose Guard over his head he gets pushed backwards. The pocket collapses from the middle. He is very good "A" gap help, pulling or trapping. Mano-a-mano, straight up he doesn't seem to have the strength to handle the big fellas. I'm not slamming him its an observation. He's better than I am. They wouldn't stand a chance if I was at center.

#154 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postcam1288, on 05 February 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Canada Eagle...First of all, you're way too mad. Stop with the CAPS. Second, you seem to think Vick is a better option than Foles, which is comical..We know exactly who Vick is. We're still trying to figure out who Foles is..

Cam nah I'm not mad just having fun.  I like the CAPS sometimes.  Vick may not be the best option but he is a better option than Foles.  We have had enough time to figure out Foles.  It's time to move one.

Just to be clear, I don't dislike Foes at all.  He hasn't said or done anything to be disliked.  Simply from the perspective of having a winning Eagles team, he isn't a good option.  Even if Vick isn't the guy for 1 more year, we need a better option than Foles if the goal is to win.  If the goal is to experiment, go with Foles and kiss the season good bye.  At least we will know what we are getting.

#155 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostSHADYcatch25, on 06 February 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Foles is a great fit for Kelly.  Think about how quickly he learned the playbook for a second.  This guy was over 50 plays deep!  That means if one can read defenses then one can audible into a better opportunity of generating positive yards.  Foles is a very smart kid and Kelly knows it, too bad Eagles fans out there don't....

You need more than smarts to win.  That is just 1 of several components.  You have to be able to throw accurately and you have to be able to move in out of the pocket at the right time.  Also, you need a good defense and an O-Line.  Football is a team sport.  All the good teams have at least a good O-Line to protect the QB.

View Postjwood5151, on 06 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Chip Kelly--in a surprising move--names HOWIE ROSEMAN as the Eagles defensive coordinator. Kelly stated that Roseman was the obvious choice for DC and that he routinely. beats both Kelly and Lurie at Madden football.

Too Funnly, LMAO.

#156 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostBrodieman, on 05 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Canada, I don't know what you expected from foles with Marty "the mad scientist" and Andy at the helm of that offense.  Two coaches who still insist on empty backfield sets frequently in the game, when our biggest threat is in the running game, and our QB needs more time on the drop-back passing plays.

Foles did a fantastic job, he was smart, poised, gritty, and commanded the offense well.  He is able to throw anticipatory passes, and can see the field better from his 6'5" - 6'6" vantage point.  He has excellent pocket presence:  he was able to move up into the pocket rather than panicking and squeaking out the side, only to be tackled or throw a pick.  He came in behind a sieve of an O-Line, with moronic offensive playcalling, and a sieve of a defense, and still showed promise.

Also, for you to be an advocate of signing Alex Smith in any way, further proves your inability to judge QB's. Smith was able to be a "game manager" after 6 or 7 years in the league behind one of the best running games, and one of the best O-lines in the national league.  Jim Harbaugh coached him into a "serviceable" QB.  There is a good reason he was replaced after one start by kaepernick: Smith's just not that good-even when he had the highest completion percentage in the NFL.  He has a low ceiling of performance.  He will get overpaid wherever he goes, and they will find that without the amazing support structure and personal coaching from Jim Harbaugh, he is a mediocre, aging QB.  

Eagles should draft a QB very late - 5th, maybe 4th round, and groom him behind Foles to instill competition and provide a fresh option.  First, the eagles must focus on defense, specifically the secondary, and get Matt Elam.

Also, we should re-sign DRC, as he will be good again with the right pieces around him.  Nnamdi is garbage, our safeties are very expendable, we should be stocking up on secondary picks.

I agree with the fadt that "Marty "the mad scientist" and Andy at the helm of that offense. Two coaches who still insist on empty backfield sets frequently in the game, when our biggest threat is in the running game, and our QB needs more time on the drop-back passing plays."  This comment applies for all of our QBs Vick, Foles and Edwards.  Not just Foles.

I don't agree with "Foles did a fantastic job".  If he had won more games under the terrible conditions last year then I would agree with you.  I agree that "He came in behind a sieve of an O-Line, with moronic offensive playcalling, and a sieve of a defense."  So did Vick.

You said, " Smith will get overpaid wherever he goes, and they will find that without the amazing support structure and personal coaching from Jim Harbaugh, he is a mediocre, aging QB. "  My friend, we see this happen time-and-time again.  How many NFL QBs are solid year-in-year out?  Maybe 6.  That's 6 out of 32 teams.  That's less that 20%.  Every year we get some surprisingly outstanding performances by some QBs.  It doesn't guarantee that they will do well the next year.  Some of those QBs that performed surprisingly well get a nice big contract and then thier next season SUCKS.  Why?  Glad you asked.  Maybe that good year was a fluke.  Maybe the O-line sucked  or the defense or the coach or a new coaching staff came in,...  Joe Flacco will get paid now.  Will 2013 be good for Joe Flacco we don't know.  Some people always thought he was a bum.  Now they will shut up (SB Win).  If he has a bad 2013 they will say he is overpaid, washed up, too old and he is a bum.

I totally agree that "  First, the eagles must focus on defense, specifically the secondary."

See we aren't that far apart.  Cheers.

#157 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

View Postmoblack029, on 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Coach Kelly,  cut the entire receiver group and rebuild by adding Wallace and Jennings. Also, cut Celk, he's garbage too along with Jackson and Maclin. We need a FRESH start on both sides of the ball.  Our entire DBs are trash! Fire them too!

Are you a butcher?  You are cutting everyone!