Photo
- - - - -

OFFICIAL: Giants release Michael Boley

giants michael boley

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,162 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

And, per Mike G., more to follow...early rumors are Bradshaw is next...

#2 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,633 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Giants cut Bradshaw. He's always nursing an injury and Brown/Wilson look like they can carry the load.

#3 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Wow, that's rocket science there. he sucks a** anyway

#4 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

If they don't get their OL straightened out, resign Beatty (and probably Boothe), find a starting RT, hope that Snee returns to form after hip surgery and Baas starts playing a lot better than he did last season, it won't matter if they have the reincarnation of Sweetness back there.

#5 Regal

Regal

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Wow, that's rocket science there. he sucks a** anyway

So do you. Can we cut you from this MB?

#6 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

If they don't get their OL straightened out, resign Beatty (and probably Boothe), find a starting RT, hope that Snee returns to form after hip surgery and Baas starts playing a lot better than he did last season, it won't matter if they have the reincarnation of Sweetness back there.

You think Jerry Reese doesn't know this???

#7 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

You think Jerry Reese doesn't know this???

Brilliant retort :rolleyes: (as usual)

"Knowing it", and having the available resources to resign the UFAs and acquire a starting caliber RT are 2 entirely different things and the jury will be out on Snee's recovery prognosis and Baas' (hopeful) improvement for an inderterminate period of time but most likely well beyond the initial FA period and the draft.

Since you're so obsessed with replying to everything I post could you at least try to bring something to the table besides blatantly obvious idiocy?

#8 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Brilliant retort :rolleyes: (as usual)

"Knowing it", and having the available resources to resign the UFAs and acquire a starting caliber RT are 2 entirely different things and the jury will be out on Snee's recovery prognosis and Baas' (hopeful) improvement for an inderterminate period of time but most likely well beyond the initial FA period and the draft.

Since you're so obsessed with replying to everything I post could you at least try to bring something to the table besides blatantly obvious idiocy?

Freeing up $$ with Boley's release (and possibly more to come per Mike Garafalo) will enable the Giants to upgrade whereever they feel they need to...so much for you thinking they'd be hamstrung against the cap, no??

Hey, how did Nicks' surgery go, Doc?
:roll:

#9 Shocker54

Shocker54

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,038 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think anyone with half a brain knows the Giants window is practically closed. They got their 2 SBs so f*** em.

#10 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Freeing up $$ with Boley's release (and possibly more to come per Mike Garafalo) will enable the Giants to upgrade whereever they feel they need to...so much for you thinking they'd be hamstrung against the cap, no??

Hey, how did Nicks' surgery go, Doc?
:roll:

Yeah sure it will, :wacko: how much available CAP space do you think it's going to take to resign just a starting LT and Cruz, (with most likely having to extend Nicks first)? 10 - 15M?

All cutting their best, and only legit 3-down LB did was move them from 4.7M over to 500K over while creating a hole at WILL stupid.

As far as Nicks "surgery" goes, right now they're "hoping" rest will resolve the problem, but if it doesn't all that roll of the dice will have accomplished is extending his recovery into the summer.

Seriously rich, if all you're going to do is respond to every post with that "resse is GOD and can do no wrong" BS then just stop wasting everyone's time. :thumbsdown:

#11 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Yeah sure it will, :wacko: how much available CAP space do you think it's going to take to resign just a starting LT and Cruz, (with most likely having to extend Nicks first)? 10 - 15M?

All cutting their best, and only legit 3-down LB did was move them from 4.7M over to 500K over while creating a hole at WILL stupid.

As far as Nicks "surgery" goes, right now they're "hoping" rest will resolve the problem, but if it doesn't all that roll of the dice will have accomplished is extending his recovery into the summer.

Seriously rich, if all you're going to do is respond to every post with that "resse is GOD and can do no wrong" BS then just stop wasting everyone's time. :thumbsdown:

Boley, if you knew the Giants like you pretend to do so here, was shot..he was nailed to the sideline the last month of the season...they must feel either Jaquain Williams or Spencer Paysinger on the roster now can fill Boley's role...or maybe they see a LB in FA they know they can sign on the cheap? Who knows..Reese has a plan..I'm not questioning this move at all...

#12 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

So do you. Can we cut you from this MB?

You're a noob in here, people don't care about you anyway

#13 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I think anyone with half a brain knows the Giants window is practically closed. They got their 2 SBs so f*** em.

Right after we win this one at home this year. :D

#14 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

But bubububuub i thought he was allprobowls-superbowwlzz caliburzz

#15 Shocker54

Shocker54

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 25,038 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Right after we win this one at home this year. :D

Ya right

Besides qb the Giants have almost as many positions to overhaul as the Eagles

#16 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ya right

Besides qb the Giants have almost as many positions to overhaul as the Eagles

That's every year for NY, we're just getting long in the teeth and that's the way it is, happens to every team.

#17 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Boley, if you knew the Giants like you pretend to do so here, was shot..he was nailed to the sideline the last month of the season...they must feel either Jaquain Williams or Spencer Paysinger on the roster now can fill Boley's role...or maybe they see a LB in FA they know they can sign on the cheap? Who knows..Reese has a plan..I'm not questioning this move at all...

WTF are you talking about, he played in all of the final 4 games including posting 10 tackles against NO and had a 5 tackle game in the blowout, season-ending loss to the Ravens and still finished 3rd on the team in tackles and 1st in INTs and fumble recoveries among the LBs, but yeah he's "shot". :wacko:

This was nothing other than a forced-hand, CAP move (exactly what I predicted would start happening in February in my jersey timeline post) and until any of the young LBs on the roster "proves" they can effectively replace him has undeniably created another ?/void in their lineup.

But why did you completely ignore the question of "How much CAP space is it going to take just to resign Beatty and Cruz, and where is it coming from?

Was it bcause you don't have a freakin clue (which in your case is always an option) or because you're now starting to face the "harsh realities" that in order to even have a prayer of retaining just those 2 players they're going to continue to have to make (forced-hand) cuts of established producers and pray that a bunch of unproven players can pick up the slack?

However the one silver-lining in all of this is that it won't take very long into next season for you to finally realize that what Shocker just said is true and then we'll be done with your clueless, blind homer BS. :thumbsup:

#18 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

And, per Mike G., more to follow...early rumors are Bradshaw is next...

AB is not next, his cap hit is more than his Salary, he will make $5m next season, the cap hit for cutting him will be $5.25m..

#19 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

AB is not next, his cap hit is more than his Salary, he will make $5m next season, the cap hit for cutting him will be $5.25m..

I would pay him myself, if he'd just get out of NY, he's done and we're wasting time.

#20 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Where are you getting those #s, because according to the link his base is 5.25M and the cap hit would be 2.5M for a 2.75M net savings, which still would leave them not even close to having enough space to sign Beatty or Cruz or Nicks.

http://snygiants.com...arsh-realities/

#21 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

WTF are you talking about, he played in all of the final 4 games including posting 10 tackles against NO and had a 5 tackle game in the blowout, season-ending loss to the Ravens and still finished 3rd on the team in tackles and 1st in INTs and fumble recoveries among the LBs, but yeah he's "shot". :wacko:

This was nothing other than a forced-hand, CAP move (exactly what I predicted would start happening in February in my jersey timeline post) and until any of the young LBs on the roster "proves" they can effectively replace him has undeniably created another ?/void in their lineup.

But why did you completely ignore the question of "How much CAP space is it going to take just to resign Beatty and Cruz, and where is it coming from?

Was it bcause you don't have a freakin clue (which in your case is always an option) or because you're now starting to face the "harsh realities" that in order to even have a prayer of retaining just those 2 players they're going to continue to have to make (forced-hand) cuts of established producers and pray that a bunch of unproven players can pick up the slack?

However the one silver-lining in all of this is that it won't take very long into next season for you to finally realize that what Shocker just said is true and then we'll be done with your clueless, blind homer BS. :thumbsup:

I know you don't watch the Giants on a regular basis, but his PT was greatly reduced starting in the Atlanta game..and it's easy to register 5 tackles in that Raven game..they ran the ball down the throat..that's what happened..I'm sure the $$ played a part of it, no doubt, but to pound your chest like you know what's going on in the Timex Center is assenine at best..his play definitely fell off at the end...Jacquin Williams needs to put it all together this year..I'm not concerned in the least...next, if not AB, has to be Diehl...

#22 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Where are you getting those #s, because according to the link his base is 5.25M and the cap hit would be 2.5M for a 2.75M net savings, which still would leave them not even close to having enough space to sign Beatty or Cruz or Nicks.

http://snygiants.com...arsh-realities/

I know you want to see them fail miserably, but there's a reason why they are a top 3-5 organization in the sport..they'll get signed who needs to get signed...

#23 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I haven't watched Boley much lately but he should have been a pro bowler for Atlanta in 07 under Mike Zimmer, if he can still play close to that level, I'd welcome him back, but I believe he burned his bridge with Atlanta.

#24 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I know you want to see them fail miserably, but there's a reason why they are a top 3-5 organization in the sport..they'll get signed who needs to get signed...

They "made their (CAP problems) bed themselves and so now they can lie in it, so the only thing "I want to see them do" is get out of it without further weakening an already thin roster and all they've done so far by releasing Boley is showing that's most likely not going to be possible.

What they've accomplished in the past 5 years means nothing going into this upcoming season and doesn't in any way exclude them from having to conform to the rules of the new CBA, but considering how often you so enthusiastically gargle Reese' sack here I wouldn't expect you to have even the remotest concept of just how difficult a situation HE put them in, especially in a flat CAP year. :nonono:

#25 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

What (certain) posters don't reaize that the Giants tendered Cruz with a 1st round pick..if someone blows Cruz away with $$, they better be willing to cough up that 1st rounder..Cruz isn't going anywhere and will get done at the Giants price...end of story...

#26 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Confirming Bradshaw has been cut. Was summoned to the building today.

Looks like I was correct, Pencil face:

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

What (certain) posters don't reaize that the Giants tendered Cruz with a 1st round pick..if someone blows Cruz away with $$, they better be willing to cough up that 1st rounder..Cruz isn't going anywhere and will get done at the Giants price...end of story...

Yeah because "just shut up and sign for what we say" is the only option available to a player who wants a big pay day that their team is incapable of, or unwilling to pay. :wacko:

Apparently we can add "players holding out" and/or, demanding a trade and refusing to report until it starts costing them game checks long after they've missed the OTAs and camp", "players eventually reporting pissed off and being a locker room cancer", " players dogging it to ensure that don't get hurt before they can become a UFA the next year" etc, etc to the tome of NFL realities that you're completely ignorant of.

Maybe you should just post a list of things you actually do have clue 1 about, because it would certainly be infinitely easier, shorter and far less time consumer than the constant barrage of idiocy you've been spamming this place with.
:thumbsup:

#28 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Canty may be next...that's kindda worrisome because there is not much there at DT..they'd be almost telegraphing where they are going in FA and the draft...

Yeah because "just shut up and sign for what we say" is the only option available to a player who wants a big pay day that their team is incapable of, or unwilling to pay. :wacko:

Apparently we can add "players holding out" and/or, demanding a trade and refusing to report until it starts costing them game checks long after they've missed the OTAs and camp", "players eventually reporting pissed off and being a locker room cancer", " players dogging it to ensure that don't get hurt before they can become a UFA the next year" etc, etc to the tome of NFL realities that you're completely ignorant of.

Maybe you should just post a list of things it actually do have clue 1 about, because it would certainly be infinitely easier, shorter and far less time consumer than the constant barrage of idiocy you've been spamming this place with.
:thumbsup:

Dude..what team is coughing up their #1 and say $10m/year for Cruz? Maybe they (NYG/Cruz) settle for something like $40M/5years...

#29 cmart102

cmart102

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,142 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

What was that again? Didn't catch that.

Also Chris Canty cut says Schefter

#30 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Confirming Bradshaw has been cut. Was summoned to the building today.

Looks like I was correct, Pencil face:

Frees up another 2.75M, so as of right now they have roughly 2.25M available under the CAP (which isn't even enough to meet the rookie wage pool for the players they'll be drafting), and not even a drop in the bucket of the going rate for starting LTs or the 6M- 8M Cruz reportedly wants.

So now they're going to turn the starting RB job over to Wilson :thumbsup: , the way he pass blocks Corky's bum shoulder will be in a sling by week 3.