Photo

[News] Meet Chip Kelly's Defensive Assistants

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,877 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles have finalized their coaching staff by hiring a diverse group of coaches with experience at both the collegiate and professional level. Here is a look at Chip Kelly's defens...

View the full article

#2 coldfire443

coldfire443

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Big fan of Jerry Azzinaro already. Man is intense. damn!

#3 operagost

operagost

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, I guess that confirms the 3-4 if we have separate OLB and ILB coaches.

#4 cheeese

cheeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

HOW VIOLENT CAN YOU BE! i like this guy

#5 SilvereignEagle

SilvereignEagle

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

"Oregon defense compiled 76 sacks in 4 years"

In 2011 the Eagles defense complied 50 sacks in 16 games. The big drop off is the difference between college and pros. College don't have elite players at every position as the pros do. To compare what Oregon did in 4 years, that Eagles did in 16 games, Oregon deserves a lot of credits in their accomplishments at that level. In the pros, there aren't any team that can consistently have 25 are more sacks in consecutive years.

I would love it, if Azzinaro can pump up the DL and get them to bring in a minimum, at least, 15 or more sacks this year as opposed to last year. And hopefully continue that trends in consecutive years, as well. I think the more pressing issues are stopping the runs and contain the QBs in the pocket. Just covering those 2 most important issues should be a priority, and getting sacks would be secondary. Either way Eagles are good to go with whomever remains and what other additions to be had. Eagles will have a new look, new faces and a better image on the field but still remain as the Eagles.

#6 Costello

Costello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

A lot of fresh faces and many with pastr experience with Chip. When Executive office is in order the team will be in order. I like what is going on

#7 keithw1006

keithw1006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, I'm pumped about the new staff! Ready for a little spice instead of Reid's boring minutia... But I do like Reid, and I appreciate all he did, just more than ready for the change. I do like Azzinaro's intensity too! It's always good to have that around.

What's up with the "Did you know" on Bill McGovern?? There's gotta be more to mention. Felt like a repeat

#8 BirdGang45

BirdGang45

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Im liking this defensive staff, chip salute.

#9 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Finally some positive comments. So sick of the negativity regarding these hires.Glad we finally have our coaching staff. Looking forward to what these guys can do with the players , and in the seasons ahead.

#10 Cactusjim

Cactusjim

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I guess the Eagles new defensive coordinator (Dave) is just here to get the real coaches on defense up to speed with the pro game.

#11 Shining Star

Shining Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I just hope that the coaching staffs meshing will rub off on the players where attitudes can be placed aside and the talent of the team may shine the way it is supposed to.

#12 Eaglessanger

Eaglessanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

I mean seriously i hope these guys shake things up quick. We need change, change and change!!!

#13 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Def gonna mix things up. You know it is gonna be a 3-4 when they got a outside and inside linebacker coaches. He got an NFL guy for DC but still got all his guys he liked from college. He is going all in here. I think just the fact he is a innovated coach and he is bringing in new coaches,schemes and ideas. They should at least create a spark. Def, not how i imagined it. Bill Mcgovern's has produced some intense linebackers at Boston college. Should be interesting.

#14 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think Chip just got guys that can adapt to his D scheme. Good thing about Kelly is he might be an O minded madman, but he has coached D before. He knows what he want's. I can see Trent Cole having a big year if he plays Linebacker.

#15 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Evy one of these guys have one thing in common. 3-4 coaches