Photo
- - - - -

Da'Quan Bowers arrested for loaded gun at airport

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,245 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

PFT:

Buccaneers defensive end Da’Quan Bowers has been arrested for carrying a gun at an airport.
NBCNewYork.com reports that Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport on Monday morning after police discovered he was illegally carrying a handgun. Bowers had a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag as he was attempting to get on a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.
Bowers was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and is expected to appear in court on Monday evening.
A 2011 second-round draft pick of the Buccaneers, Bowers missed the first six games of the 2012 season with a torn Achilles tendon but returned in time to play in 10 games and record three sacks last season.

How Fing dumb can you be? I mean, NFL players do dumb ****, but carrying a loaded gun at an airport? You might as well walk into a bank with a ski mask and combat vest.

Two counts of second degree criminal possession. 3.5 years to 15 max. Plaxico Burress charges.

#2 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

PFT:

How Fing dumb can you be? I mean, NFL players do dumb ****, but carrying a loaded gun at an airport? You might as well walk into a bank with a ski mask and combat vest.

Its more like walking into a bank with a ski mask and combat vest while and walking past several dozen armed and uniformed police officers while doing so. Seriously if there was an award for dumbest man in America this guy would probably be in the favorite right now.

#3 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

What a Fing dope.If it comes out he packed it in there and not some assistant I hope he serves every bit of his sentence.You're rich,if you think someone wants to kill you hire some security.
Didn't Martin Lawrence and Katt Williams get popped for the same thing?It's amazing how stupid people can be.

#4 sameoldsameold

sameoldsameold

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts
  • Fan Since:fr Nixon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Once heard one guy talk of a professional football player needing to have the desire and ability to run as fast as he can into a brick wall and then get up and do it again and again. So, if you're expecting a normal rational from such a necessary mentality of getting slammed into a brick wall, my guess is you will be disappointed time and time again.

#5 BDAWK_4EVER

BDAWK_4EVER

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Nothing will happen to him. He'll get a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine.

#6 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

With the same charges in NY that Plax got? I don't think so.

#7 PopsG

PopsG

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Fan Since:6th grade

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

a loaded 40. caliber on a plane ? really? what a moron.

#8 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

He's going away for a long long time. One shot from a gun on a jet at high altitude can down an airliner and all onboard.

#9 SBorBust

SBorBust

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

If he has a permit, they'd better drop it to third degree possession or it is an embarrassment to the country. He told the people at security that he had it.

#10 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

What a Fing dope.If it comes out he packed it in there and not some assistant I hope he serves every bit of his sentence.You're rich,if you think someone wants to kill you hire some security.
Didn't Martin Lawrence and Katt Williams get popped for the same thing?It's amazing how stupid people can be.

So you want a guy to lose 15 years of his life for being stupid? I mean, do we really need to put guys in already over-crowded prisons who clearly don't have the intent to hurt anyone? This guy is a moron, sure, fine the hell out of him, put him on probation, but don't take away his life for being ignorant.

#11 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

If he has a permit, they'd better drop it to third degree possession or it is an embarrassment to the country. He told the people at security that he had it.

What? A permit?? :lol:

He was in a Fing airport!

The only embarrassment is our country's weird idiotic fascination with guns.

I own a gun but I know not to bring it to a Fing airport and I know it's not "cool" to have a gun.

#12 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

So according to the guidelines for transporting a weapon by air he got 1 out of 4 right.

1. Pack unloaded firearms in a locked, hard-sided container. Place this container in your luggage that you intend to check when you arrive at the airport. No guns or ammunition of any kind are permitted in carry-on luggage.

2. Enclose ammunition in cardboard or in a metal or wooden container. These items can be stored in the same hard-sided container as your gun as long as they are properly packed. Ammunition must also be placed in checked luggage.

3. Check with your specific airline before arriving at the airport for any additional requirements they may have for transporting guns and ammunition.

4. Declare all guns and ammunition during check-in.

Good job Da'Quan! :thumbsup:

#13 SBorBust

SBorBust

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm just saying that being a complete idiot shouldn't result in a prison sentence.

By the way, he reportedly scored a 23 on the Wonderlic Test.

#14 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

I'm just saying that the fact that the guy is a complete idiot shouldn't result in a prison sentence.

Generally I would agree with one proviso:

He should face the exact same consequences that any Tom, D and Harry who did the same thing would and the fact that he's an NFL player should have absolutely no bearing on it one way or the other.

#15 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,711 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Christian Slater got caught too years back too

#16 NorCalEagle

NorCalEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm just saying that being a complete idiot shouldn't result in a prison sentence.

being a complete idiot is why many people end up in prison...

#17 TheGodfather

TheGodfather

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 41,910 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I thought everyone would have learned from Plax.

#18 Passepartout

Passepartout

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 23,637 posts
  • Team:Redskins
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Makes you wonder if he will only get a plea deal and get off with only a slap on the wrist with just community service? They always seem to do in comparison to a normal person.

#19 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

By the way, he reportedly scored a 23 on the Wonderlic Test.

Not saying that I disagree that it's a dumb law but at an airport? I just can't comprehend what he was thinking.

#20 ruger45

ruger45

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

What? A permit?? :lol:

He was in a Fing airport!

The only embarrassment is our country's weird idiotic fascination with guns.

I own a gun but I know not to bring it to a Fing airport and I know it's not "cool" to have a gun.

Why not? I travel with my weapon all the time. It's my American right to do so. There are guidelines to follow and if you do them you will not have a problem. I have taken mine in my carry on. I get outside of the terminal to my rental car and load my weapon and go on with my day.

#21 ruger45

ruger45

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

being a complete idiot is why many people end up in prison...

Yeah I don't think he's a complete idiot and in my opinion does not deserve jail time.

#22 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,100 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Why not? I travel with my weapon all the time. It's my American right to do so?

says who? Show me the ammendent that says you can bring a gun on an airplane.

#23 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,626 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I can see this turning into a "guns are evil" thread.

#24 Mile High

Mile High

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Team:Broncos

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I thought the sentence for carrying a concealed (SP?) in NY was atleast 2-3yrs, with no question asked just like Plax did in oct/nov of the 2008 season.

It would suck for him. At one point before the 2012 NFL Draft alot of "experts" were saying that Bowers could potentially be the #1 overall pick until Newton had a few great mettings with front offices through-out the long drawn-out combine and metting with potential "employers"

Alot of PPL though he could possiablly push his way up to the level of a player in the mold of, Bruce Smith (example and other all time greats) He is so stupid IMO. I acttually like him alot until I started watching the other players doing the same thing IMO.

I hope he will learn from this and try not to ruin you career.

D. Bowers----- you have alot of natural abailties. You dont need boodygaurds unless you have done some serious dirt if the last few seaons.

#25 Invictus Maneo

Invictus Maneo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Oops, I was thinking of someone else.

#26 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I thought everyone would have learned from Plax.

And I thought every player on the Cowboys would have learned not to drink and drive and I was wrong too. Its blatantly obvious that NFL players are incredibly stupid.

#27 ruger45

ruger45

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

says who? Show me the ammendent that says you can bring a gun on an airplane.

Are you a gun owner? Do you have a CCW? Its not a amendment that says you can carry a gun on a plane but there are plenty of laws on the books that says you can do it. If certain steps are followed. I've done it!

#28 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,100 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Are you a gun owner? Do you have a CCW? Its not a amendment that says you can carry a gun on a plane but there are plenty of laws on the books that says you can do it. If certain steps are followed. I've done it!

I am a gun owner and no you can't legally have a weapon in NY much less get on a plane with it. This guy knew that and he's a moron.

There's lots of laws I don't agree with (like all of them) but if I'm a guy who's millions depend on not getting caught with a gun at the airport then guess what? I'm not bringing a gun to the airport.

This guy is a moron. Plain and simple.

#29 ruger45

ruger45

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I am a gun owner and no you can't legally have a weapon in NY much less get on a plane with it. This guy knew that and he's a moron.

There's lots of laws I don't agree with (like all of them) but if I'm a guy who's millions depend on not getting caught with a gun at the airport then guess what? I'm not bringing a gun to the airport.

This guy is a moron. Plain and simple.

I agree with you on the fact he made a terrible mistake. We've all made mistakes in our lives and you learn from them. If this is a action or actions (bad mistakes) that he has made then I agree. He's a moron.

#30 seengreen

seengreen

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • Fan Since:77

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Utter and complete stupidity, obtuseness, naive, immaturity.