Photo

[News] Fan-Demonium: Diving Into The Draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,003 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

The NFL Scouting Combine gets started this week so it seems like a good time to jump back into some draft talk.  The Eagles have the No. 4 overall pick and a total of eight picks.  The team has a ...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,542 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Luke...Star...

#3 Cactusjim

Cactusjim

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

The Eagles might want to take a 5th or 6th round chance on Foles' fellow QB, Matt Scott, out of AZ. He's a great run / passing QB, but had a very bad game against Oregon this year, so Chip might not be high on him.

#4 Eagle1960

Eagle1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Great column, Tommy. Lots of information here. I hope the Eagles personnel department reads it!

#5 AirAfrica

AirAfrica

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

1st round: Star Lotulelei otherwise drop back a couple spots and get some draft picks and pick Chance Warmick / Eric Fisher

2nd round: Xavier Rhodes (and either Barrett Jones, Matt Elam or DJ Fluker with that extra pick)

3rd round: Jonathan Cyprien or TJ McDonald

#6 Canadian_philly

Canadian_philly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

If the Eagles don't think Fisher or Joeckel with #4, then I hope they trade back within the top 10 and grab Warmack early while gaining a good second rounder.

If this draft is as deep at safety, corner and O-Line as the experts are saying, then I would rather us front load our picks and grab 2-3 pro-bowl caliber players at the positions we desperately need.

Imagine if we traded up back into the first and grabbed two All-Pro line men and a great safety in the third.

#7 mwh27

mwh27

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

How far cud the Igs drop back in 1st rd and still grab Jordan? I'd take him say at 12-15 grab another 2nd.Get a NT N S in 2nd rd. Grab a RT in 3rd.

#8 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think everyone will have a pretty good idea what position players we will be drafting in the first couple rounds after free agency is completed. Am I the only one who is excited about free agency?

#9 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Im tired of the draft talk now honestly. Lets see if we sign anyone in the next month, and tgen lets talk draft.

#10 Birds926

Birds926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

The Line Backer From Baltimore "Ellerbee " would be a Great FA Addition ... In Drafy OT...Safety....Cb's are Priority

#11 michaels maniacs

michaels maniacs

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Fan Since:1973

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

tavon austin
sounds intriquing
somebody on nfl network was talking about him
another weapon

#12 Spartucus

Spartucus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Milner is fast enough and will be a Pro Bowl player. It%u2019s not just about 4.4 or 4.5 and a lot of other factors are involved not the least being quickness, athleticism, physicality, and commitment to working ones tail off to be great. Milner has all those qualities and then some. You can%u2019t go wrong with Joeckel or Lotulelei and I%u2019m OK with any of the three.

#13 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Draft Miliner and get Bart Scott now that the Jets kicked him to the curb. Put him at LOLB and let Jordan be the backup.

#14 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

First Priority is either Joeckel or Lotuleli at 4. If they are not there ..I am trading down to say 7th and looking for Milner there. We have so many holes that I would rather trade down in this draft than take a risk on a very high pick. In the first 3 we also need a Safety and a CB.

#15 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Fans response to poll: "What is the most important part of the Combine?":
Seeing players work out 37.94%
Having chance to interview 23.89%
Trade talk with other teams 22.57%
Physical, medical checks 11.62%
Wonderlic tests for players 4%

If the management thinks like the fans (and they seem to have in previous years), it explains why the Eagles suck. You can fix stupid. You can't train it either.

#16 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Dion Jorden would be an obvious pick but not at 4 They would have to trade back.. If we can get 2 # 2 picks, Jake Long and Eric Reid. This draft has better safety's then last year. The Corners might be deep but elite talent is still yet to be shown. Milliner could be a starting CB day 1. Johnathan Banks f and even Desmond Trufant are way behind Milliner heading into the combine. If Dee can blow the roof off the combine, then he is worth the pick. CB an S are extremely important . Even if we sign someone in FA , we still need guys.. Cyprien and Eric Reid could fall to the 2nd. How can we pass. With that being then Long could be out of the picture in round 2. In that case i would take a O lineman in round one Joeckel , Eric Fisher or even Chance Warmack. That guy is the real deal. DT can be handled in FA and later rounds Need a beast for DE. But if we grab a couple DT's then i think Cox and Thorton can play end in a 3-4. Safety Georgia Rambo, CB Oregon st J Proyor and Oregon LB Alonso are people to watch

#17 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

This is a tough top ten but a deep draft Makes some trades get a couple more picks. With Roseman and Gamble Between last year and this could build almost a whole team I think this is gonna be a good draft Roseman was good last year getting Cox, Boykin,Kendricks,Foles and Brown in one draft say what you will that speaks for itself Gambles track record of getting young talent especially on D is awesome. Their is talent all over this draft and even after the draft. Even some projected undrafted guys had good college careers. Just so jam packed with potential starters,gotta get like 10 guys here

#18 BirdGang45

BirdGang45

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Nice stuff Tommy.

#19 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

come on, tommy... a TE thats only 237 ???

i want a guy thats 6-6 and 255-260. we need to exploit the middle of the field and the red zone again

#20 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

We need talent at CB more than up front Tommy. Need to stop getting burned on every single pass play.

#21 theigglesfan

theigglesfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

The Eagles have a chance to produce an amazeing team for the present and the future this offseason if Kelly, Roseman and Gamble think creatively enough. It shouldn't be nearly as hard to get the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd rd picks 4 example. Everyone seems to think that there's so much success picking around 34th 35th; WR Pinkston, Brown(from Dolphins 4 A.J. Feely), Kolb, Nate Allen are the typical players I could think of off the top of my head. Have the Eagles ever picked anyone decent in the mid 30's picks? It's easy, but they just don't know how to draft. The Chiefs are desperate 4 a QB and WR's and would be pretty stupid if AR and OC/QB Coach Pederson truly do have extremely high grades on Foles(some people believe AR wanted Russell Wilson and not Foles in the draft) and don't give a 2nd rd pick for Foles who they've seen in regular season games and know inside and out. The GM would be ecstatic paying such a low salary for his young franchise QB. You throw in the team demololisher(just watch '11 tapes of D-Jax walking around without a care in the world about the game, his teammates, owner, organization, coaches and of course Philly; never seen such a selfish loser on any level in the game of football) who AR supposedly really wanted back last year so we signed him 4 what he wanted (5yrs $50 million contract) and we'd get there 3rd rd pick. With that money from D-Jax we can get the guaranteed Pro-bowl caliber WR in Dwayne Bowe(the player I was ticked off we dropped back in the draft and picked up Kolb instead when he was right there; if we didn't drop back) who's been a complete game changer even though he hasn't had a QB in KC. Catching it from anyone of the Eagles QB's he'd be in heaven. Yes he dropped 16 passes his rookie yr prior to getting laser eye surgery, but since then has improved dramatically and had only 6 drops in '12(yes that's with the worst QB cast too). Getting the 34th, 65th pick and signing F/A Bowe, as well as drafting QB EJ Manuel with 1 of the 2 2nd rd picks or 1 of the 2 3rd rd picks, 4 giveing up Foles and D-Loser would be a great move. This allows the #1 ranked QB more than likely fall to us at 4. The Bills GM publicly said they'd move up from the 8th spot to draft their franchise QB. Moveing down to 8th we can pick up Dion Jordan(who the Jets want at 9) as well as pick up the Bills 2nd rd pick. This years best QB to sneak out is going to be Manuel; especially if he comes to Philly. Which other QB has been the MVP for, by far, their 3 biggest games in college for them and their teammates. Manuel was MVP for his 2 Bowl games at FSU and made all the offensive players for the south, in the Senior Bowl, look great on his way to winning the games for everyone and becomeing the MVP once again. Most importantly, besides finding a way to win the big ones, he'd fit whatever uptempo offense coach Kelly runs.
Summary: Foles and D-Jax for Dion Jordan, Dwayne Bowe, KC'S 2nd & 3rd rd pick, Bills 2nd rd pick, of course our 2nd & 3rd rd pick and the future SB winning young franchise QB: Manuel somewhere in those picks. Hopefully the Eagles learned their lesson from last year that even if a QB(Russell Wilson) is ranked around the 150th best player U might want to pick him early and be safe(think Seatle picked him at 75).

#22 moblack029

moblack029

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

This is a no-brainer! Draft Milner in the first round and then trade D-Jax and Foles to KC for Bowes and draft picks! Also, start building from the O Line out, select the O Guard from Kentucky in the Second round. This guy is a beast! Go Eagles Go!