- - - - -

Giants' Thomas calls Dennis Dixon scariest quarterback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 ggs5008

ggs5008

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...est-quarterback

#2 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,410 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postggs5008, on 19 February 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Laughable in that he even thinks TC is gone after this year. I mean all this talk from a guy who, very possibly, could end up failing his physical before camp....

At the end:
It's even more possible that he's off base in his assessment of NFC East quarterbacks.

Vick's going to be your starting QB. And last place is your destiny.

#3 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

To me the scariest thing about Dennis Dixon is that he couldn't get on an NFL field in the past two years. Think of all the crappy backups out there and he's running scout squad for the Ravens...

Chip may be able to implement some of his things to the NFL, but when assessing QB talent Dixion has not cut it so far.

#4 Jordan629

Jordan629

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think I'm more surprised that Terrell Thomas is still playing football.

#5 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

"When asked on "NFL AM" what quarterback in the NFC East made him the most nervous to face.

The first name out of his mouth: newly signed Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Dennis Dixon. (Michael Vick came right after that.)"

I know the guy has spent the last couple of seasons rehabbing some significant and extremely painful injuries but hasn't anyone from jersey's medical/training staff been monitoring his opiate intake?  Then again he also thinks Corky is an elite QB so there you go.

#6 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,272 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

huh. Just weird

#7 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,269 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostPegger, on 19 February 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

To me the scariest thing about Dennis Dixon is that he couldn't get on an NFL field in the past two years. Think of all the crappy backups out there and he's running scout squad for the Ravens...

Chip may be able to implement some of his things to the NFL, but when assessing QB talent Dixion has not cut it so far.
Spurrier with the Redskins + Matthews and Weurful ring a bell?

#8 PolkaDotPants

PolkaDotPants

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 19 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I know the guy has spent the last couple of seasons rehabbing some significant and extremely painful injuries but hasn't anyone from jersey's medical/training staff been monitoring his opiate intake?
If I experienced the injuries Thomas has suffered my biggest fear would be mobile QBs also.

#9 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostPolkaDotPants, on 19 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

If I experienced the injuries Thomas has suffered my biggest fear would be mobile QBs also.

Only if they plan on converting him to LB, because if he's sweating chasing down mobile QBs, he's got no prayer of covering NFL WRs.

#10 PolkaDotPants

PolkaDotPants

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 19 February 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Only if they plan on converting him to LB, because if he's sweating chasing down mobile QBs, he's got no prayer of covering NFL WRs.
I know, I was being facetious.

#11 TheGodfather

TheGodfather

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 41,910 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sure anyone scares him after comin off of two ACL tears.

#12 Sevendust912

Sevendust912

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for almost 17 seasons, said Dixon was the smartest QB he's ever coached.

Not to mention Dixon has great mobility, exceptional arm strength, uncanny pocket prescence and decision making, and a quick release. But yea some loser poster on EMB knows more than the scouts. He was on the scout team because he was injured. The guy will be a great player for us, especially reunited with Chip Kelly.

#13 Jordan629

Jordan629

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostSevendust912, on 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for almost 17 seasons, said Dixon was the smartest QB he's ever coached.

Not to mention Dixon has great mobility, exceptional arm strength, uncanny pocket prescence and decision making, and a quick release. But yea some loser poster on EMB knows more than the scouts. He was on the scout team because he was injured. The guy will be a great player for us, especially reunited with Chip Kelly.

Yeah nevermind that he's only started 2 games in his entire 5 year career. He must've been too smart to start any more than that.

#14 ggs5008

ggs5008

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Postrich36, on 19 February 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Laughable in that he even thinks TC is gone after this year. I mean all this talk from a guy who, very possibly, could end up failing his physical before camp....

At the end:
It's even more possible that he's off base in his assessment of NFC East quarterbacks.

Vick's going to be your starting QB. And last place is your destiny.

I don't think Vick will be the starter. You don't go out and say that you're only willing to trade Foles(who your saying is the backup QB) for only a first or second round pick.

#15 Regal

Regal

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Dixon>Vick

#16 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostRegal, on 20 February 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Dixon>Vick

You>Flamer

#17 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

No team even tried to sign Dixon away from the Ravens practice squad.

#18 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,351 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostRegal, on 20 February 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Dixon>Vick
no

#19 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,590 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Is it possible the guy was just sticking up for a fellow conference mate? They both played in the PAC 10 at the same time, no? They might be friends or at least friendly.

You people take comments from athletes way too seriously.

#20 ggs5008

ggs5008

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Is it possible the guy was just sticking up for a fellow conference mate? They both played in the PAC 10 at the same time, no? They might be friends or at least friendly.

I sure don't take it seriously. Just enteraining.

#21 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

This says less about Dixon than it does about the rest of the QBs in the division. Romo is awful.  Griffing is coming off a gruesome knee injury, Vick is Vick, and Eli's weakening arm is no longer feared by anyone.  Very astute observation by Mr. Thomas.

#22 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Depends on the who the athlete is and what comment they make.

For example; back on 8/17/2011 when Corky told Mike Kay on 1050 NY that "he was an elite QB in the same class as Brady" nobody in their right minds took him seriously, except of course for "you people". :whistle:

#23 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,590 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 20 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

For example; back on 8/17/2011 when Corky told Mike Kay on 1050 NY that "he was an elite QB in the same class as Brady" nobody in their right minds took him seriously, except of course for "you people". :whistle:

Why do you know the exact date of that broadcast and if you didn't have it committed to memory, why would you waste your time looking it up?

Jeez man..

#24 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 20 February 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

#1-Michael Kay knows nothing about football...his radio show sucks when he's not talking baseball and even then, he blows...
#2-Eli is an elite QB in every walk of life except the EMB..but most of that is bitterness/jealousy

View PostBKLYNYG, on 20 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Why do you know the exact date of that broadcast and if you didn't have it committed to memory, why would you waste your time looking it up?

Jeez man..

he's a loser..that's why...just like his perpetually cursed franchise

#25 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 20 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Jeez man..

Because I know everything, but I also looked it up but only because I wanted to be sure that I accurately quoted (not) Eli(te), or in other words 'got my FACTS straight", however I can certainly understand why you were thrown because the whole concept of not only using FACTS, but using them accurately is completely foreign to jersey fans.

#26 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,590 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 20 February 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Because I know everything, but I also looked it up but only because I wanted to be sure that I accurately quoted (not) Eli(te), or in other words 'got my FACTS straight", however I can certainly understand why you were thrown because the whole concept of not only using FACTS, but using them accurately is completely foreign to jersey fans.

Nah, that's not the reason. The real reason is because you're old, retired and have an abundance of free time on your hands.

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postrich36, on 20 February 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

#1-Michael Kay knows nothing about football...his radio show sucks when he's not talking baseball and even then, he blows...
#2-Eli is an elite QB in every walk of life except the EMB..but most of that is bitterness/jealousy

Completely untrue (but considering the source what else is new), former 10-year NFL veteran (and the hero of MMI), HC and current ESPN analyst just broke it down the other day.

http://gmenhq.com/20...wards-diss-eli/

#28 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 20 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Nah, that's not the reason. The real reason is because you're old, retired and have an abundance of free time on your hands.

Older than some and younger than others, only semi-retired but do have an abundance of free time, (perhaps if you work really, really hard you too can be that fortunate when you're only in your early 50's although based on what I've seen from you here it seems highly unlikely), however the desire to use FACTS and to use them correctly is hardly the provence of the "old, retired and/or those with an abundance of free time" but is common practice amoung the educated and intelligent.

#29 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Completely untrue (but considering the source what else is new), former 10-year NFL veteran (and the hero of MMI), HC and current ESPN analyst just broke it down the other day.

http://gmenhq.com/20...wards-diss-eli/

:roll:
Herm???

I just fell outta my chair...

Herm?
:lol:

#30 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postrich36, on 20 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

:roll:
Herm???

I just fell outta my chair...

Herm?
:lol:
:lol: Yeah, Herm's opinion isn't credible.  He's only been an NFL player, coach, and analyst.  What does he know?