Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ggs5008

Giants' Thomas calls Dennis Dixon scariest quarterback

60 posts in this topic

Laughable in that he even thinks TC is gone after this year. I mean all this talk from a guy who, very possibly, could end up failing his physical before camp....

At the end:

It's even more possible that he's off base in his assessment of NFC East quarterbacks.

Vick's going to be your starting QB. And last place is your destiny.

To me the scariest thing about Dennis Dixon is that he couldn't get on an NFL field in the past two years. Think of all the crappy backups out there and he's running scout squad for the Ravens...

Chip may be able to implement some of his things to the NFL, but when assessing QB talent Dixion has not cut it so far.

I think I'm more surprised that Terrell Thomas is still playing football.

1 person likes this

"When asked on "NFL AM" what quarterback in the NFC East made him the most nervous to face.

The first name out of his mouth: newly signed Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Dennis Dixon. (Michael Vick came right after that.)"

I know the guy has spent the last couple of seasons rehabbing some significant and extremely painful injuries but hasn't anyone from jersey's medical/training staff been monitoring his opiate intake? Then again he also thinks Corky is an elite QB so there you go.

To me the scariest thing about Dennis Dixon is that he couldn't get on an NFL field in the past two years. Think of all the crappy backups out there and he's running scout squad for the Ravens...

Chip may be able to implement some of his things to the NFL, but when assessing QB talent Dixion has not cut it so far.

Spurrier with the Redskins + Matthews and Weurful ring a bell?

I know the guy has spent the last couple of seasons rehabbing some significant and extremely painful injuries but hasn't anyone from jersey's medical/training staff been monitoring his opiate intake?

If I experienced the injuries Thomas has suffered my biggest fear would be mobile QBs also.

If I experienced the injuries Thomas has suffered my biggest fear would be mobile QBs also.

Only if they plan on converting him to LB, because if he's sweating chasing down mobile QBs, he's got no prayer of covering NFL WRs.

Only if they plan on converting him to LB, because if he's sweating chasing down mobile QBs, he's got no prayer of covering NFL WRs.

I know, I was being facetious.

Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for almost 17 seasons, said Dixon was the smartest QB he's ever coached.

Not to mention Dixon has great mobility, exceptional arm strength, uncanny pocket prescence and decision making, and a quick release. But yea some loser poster on EMB knows more than the scouts. He was on the scout team because he was injured. The guy will be a great player for us, especially reunited with Chip Kelly.

Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for almost 17 seasons, said Dixon was the smartest QB he's ever coached.

Not to mention Dixon has great mobility, exceptional arm strength, uncanny pocket prescence and decision making, and a quick release. But yea some loser poster on EMB knows more than the scouts. He was on the scout team because he was injured. The guy will be a great player for us, especially reunited with Chip Kelly.

Yeah nevermind that he's only started 2 games in his entire 5 year career. He must've been too smart to start any more than that.

Laughable in that he even thinks TC is gone after this year. I mean all this talk from a guy who, very possibly, could end up failing his physical before camp....

At the end:

It's even more possible that he's off base in his assessment of NFC East quarterbacks.

Vick's going to be your starting QB. And last place is your destiny.

I don't think Vick will be the starter. You don't go out and say that you're only willing to trade Foles(who your saying is the backup QB) for only a first or second round pick.

Is it possible the guy was just sticking up for a fellow conference mate? They both played in the PAC 10 at the same time, no? They might be friends or at least friendly.

You people take comments from athletes way too seriously.

Is it possible the guy was just sticking up for a fellow conference mate? They both played in the PAC 10 at the same time, no? They might be friends or at least friendly.

I sure don't take it seriously. Just enteraining.

This says less about Dixon than it does about the rest of the QBs in the division. Romo is awful. Griffing is coming off a gruesome knee injury, Vick is Vick, and Eli's weakening arm is no longer feared by anyone. Very astute observation by Mr. Thomas.

Depends on the who the athlete is and what comment they make.

For example; back on 8/17/2011 when Corky told Mike Kay on 1050 NY that "he was an elite QB in the same class as Brady" nobody in their right minds took him seriously, except of course for "you people". :whistle:

For example; back on 8/17/2011 when Corky told Mike Kay on 1050 NY that "he was an elite QB in the same class as Brady" nobody in their right minds took him seriously, except of course for "you people". :whistle:

Why do you know the exact date of that broadcast and if you didn't have it committed to memory, why would you waste your time looking it up?

Jeez man..

#1-Michael Kay knows nothing about football...his radio show sucks when he's not talking baseball and even then, he blows...

#2-Eli is an elite QB in every walk of life except the EMB..but most of that is bitterness/jealousy

Why do you know the exact date of that broadcast and if you didn't have it committed to memory, why would you waste your time looking it up?

Jeez man..

he's a loser..that's why...just like his perpetually cursed franchise

Jeez man..

Because I know everything, but I also looked it up but only because I wanted to be sure that I accurately quoted (not) Eli(te), or in other words 'got my FACTS straight", however I can certainly understand why you were thrown because the whole concept of not only using FACTS, but using them accurately is completely foreign to jersey fans.