Photo
- - - - -

Giants' Thomas calls Dennis Dixon scariest quarterback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#31 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,226 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yeah nevermind that he's only started 2 games in his entire 5 year career. He must've been too smart to start any more than that.

He's so smart that he's figured out the perfect way to avoid injury...... Never get on the field!!!

#32 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Spurrier with the Redskins + Matthews and Weurful ring a bell?

To me Spurrier failed because he was lazy or more accurately put he liked being a college coach because it had a nice long offseason whereas NFL coaches go until they are unemployed. One fo the hardest working QBs in Peyton Manning might have failed under Spurrier.

I think Chip Kelly is different. Sure he has a specific style or scheme he's known for, but I think he'll also put in the time and make the adjustments if it's not working.

#33 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

:lol: Yeah, Herm's opinion isn't credible. He's only been an NFL player, coach, and analyst. What does he know?

Herm never was around an elite QB at any time in his life (player OR coach). The closest he comes to one is when he's sitting with Steve Young in an ESPN studio...when it comes to his evaluation of Eli Manning, I just laugh and/or change the channel...

#34 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

:roll:
Herm???

I just fell outta my chair...

Herm?
:lol:

I know right, what the heck was I thinking?

How could a man's who only played in the league for 10 years, coached in it for another 19 (including 2 stints as a HC with 2 different franchises) and has been an analyst on the Flagship sports network for the past 5, opinion possibly stand up to the likes of Eric from Binghampton, "some guy", rich36 and/or any of the other jersey yahoos on the EMB. :wacko:

#35 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I know right, what the heck was I thinking?

How could a man's who only played in the league for 10 years, coached in it for another 19 (including 2 stints as a HC with 2 different franchises) and has been an analyst on the Flagship sports network for the past 5, opinion possibly stand up to the likes of Eric from Binghampton, "some guy", rich36 and/or any of the other jersey yahoos on the EMB. :wacko:

Herm is one of the biggest buffoon head coaches in NFL history...Why would I (or anyone for that matter) take him seriously?..I wouldn't listen if he was debating ice cream flavors with a 5 year old...

#36 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Herm never was around an elite QB at any time in his life (player OR coach). The closest he comes to one is when he's sitting with Steve Young in an ESPN studio...when it comes to his evaluation of Eli Manning, I just laugh and/or change the channel...

But yet he had absolutely no trouble whatsoever naming the only 4 universally-regarding "elite QBs" in the league (Brady, Rogers, P Manning and Brees) during that same interview.

Things that make you go mmmmm.....

:roll: rich36 :roll:

#37 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

But yet he had absolutely no trouble whatsoever naming the only 4 universally-regarding "elite QBs" in the league (Brady, Rogers, P Manning and Brees) during that same interview.

Things that make you go mmmmm.....

:roll: rich36 :roll:

Where did I say Eli was better than any of those guys (although Brees turns the ball over a ton more than Eli)? Oh no, Eli's probably the 5th best QB in the NFL...oh noez!!!!

#38 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Herm is one of the biggest buffoon head coaches in NFL history...Why would I (or anyone for that matter) take him seriously?..I wouldn't listen if he was debating ice cream flavors with a 5 year old...

But yet you think the word of some dipsheet, wannabe from Binghampton NY whose probably never worn a jock in his life is the freaking gospel when it comes to the NFL. :wacko:

:roll: please stop ricky, you're freaking killing me :roll:

#39 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

But yet you think the word of some dipsheet, wannabe from Binghampton NY whose probably never worn a jock in his life is the freaking gospel when it comes to the NFL. :wacko:

:roll: please stop ricky, you're freaking killing me :roll:

Do yourself a favor email Vacchiano and or Garafolo and and find out exactly who Eric is and how legit BBI is...then, buy a .45, insert in mouth, pull trigger...

#40 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Where did I say Eli was better than any of those guys (although Brees turns the ball over a ton more than Eli)? Oh no, Eli's probably the 5th best QB in the NFL...oh noez!!!!

You didn't and nor did I say that you did.

However what you did say was that "Herm has never been around an elite QB in his life" to which I replied that (the fact that's he's never been around one) didn't in anyway prevent him from easily naming the 4 QBs currently in the NFL who are universally regarded (agreed upon by all) as being elite, so he obviously knows an elite QB when he sees one since he was able to name all 4 of them.

Reading comprehension pinhead, learn it, live it, love it.

#41 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Do yourself a favor email Vacchiano and or Garafolo and and find out exactly who Eric is and how legit BBI is...then, buy a .45, insert in mouth, pull trigger...

Between Reese, Corky and now obviously Eric you must happily burn through about 5 - 6 pairs of knee-pads a week.

#42 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Between Reese, Corky and now obviously Eric you must happily burn through about 5 - 6 pairs of knee-pads a week.

Says the guy who would happily administer a old fashion if it meant the E's ending their drought...

#43 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

But just so I'm clear is it now your contention that Eric from Binghampton knows more and/or is a more credible source than Herm Edwards?

Because if it is then not only :roll: :wacko: :roll: but it also has made my decision for me on what I'm going to get you for your Bday tomorrow.

Now I don't want to spoil the surprise but I'll give you a hnt (singing, dancing scarecrow).

#44 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Older than some and younger than others, only semi-retired but do have an abundance of free time, (perhaps if you work really, really hard you too can be that fortunate when you're only in your early 50's although based on what I've seen from you here it seems highly unlikely), however the desire to use FACTS and to use them correctly is hardly the provence of the "old, retired and/or those with an abundance of free time" but is common practice amoung the educated and intelligent.

Do I not come off as educated and intelligent? Come on now. Maybe one day when you're in a better mood we can talk advanced degrees and lucrative careers. I've never really talked about personal stuff on this silly board, but I would definitely be interested in hearing more about your life experiences.

#45 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,153 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Do I not come off as educated and intelligent? Come on now. Maybe one day when you're in a better mood we can talk advanced degrees and lucrative careers. I've never really talked about personal stuff on this silly board, but I would definitely be interested in hearing more about your life experiences.

Oh no...

#46 SD_Eagle

SD_Eagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I know why rich hates Herm:
Posted Image

#47 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

nah..Herm's a clown..that's all..plus NYG fans all know that singular play literally turned the franchise around for the better...

#48 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

nah..Herm's a clown..that's all..plus NYG fans all know that singular play literally turned the franchise around for the better...

How do you figure that? :huh:

They finished the 78' season 6 - 10, fired McVay,hired Perkins (and drafted Simms) and went a combined 26 - 46-1 the next 5 years under Perkins & Parcells with 4 losing seasons (6 - 10, 4 - 12, 9 - 7, 4 - 5 (strike year) and 3-12-1) with 1 WC appearance over that span?

Oh' and best of the day to you birthday buddy!

#49 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

How do you figure that? :huh:

They finished the 78' season 6 - 10, fired McVay,hired Perkins (and drafted Simms) and went a combined 26 - 46-1 the next 5 years under Perkins & Parcells with 4 losing seasons (6 - 10, 4 - 12, 9 - 7, 4 - 5 (strike year) and 3-12-1) with 1 WC appearance over that span?

Oh' and best of the day to you birthday buddy!

George Young's hiring was the result of that game..He drafted Simms and LT, hired Parcells...and the rest was history...So yeah that game began the turnaround...

And, yeah happy birthday

#50 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Happy bday knuckleheads. Lets see if you two can go a full 24 hours without insulting each other. :-)

#51 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

George Young's hiring was the result of that game..He drafted Simms and LT, hired Parcells...and the rest was history...So yeah that game began the turnaround...

And, yeah happy birthday

Well actually he hired Ray Perkins first and stuck with him for 4 years despite a 23 - 34 overall record before he hired Parcells and how much of a no-brainer was it to pick LT 2nd overall in 81' after the Saints took (Heisman Trophy winner) George Rogers 1st? :rolleyes:

However Mara hired his first GM (Young) in franchise history on the advice of Pete Rozelle because he was fed up with 15 consecutive years of mostly futility, not because McVay was stupid enough to call a handoff in a textbook kneel down situation in an otherwise lost (6 -10) season, and to try and pretend that MMI had anything at all to do with it, let alone was the primary reason for it, is the most ludicrous reach of all time. :lol:

Happy bday knuckleheads. Lets see if you two can go a full 24 hours without insulting each other. :-)

Is it really an "insult" when it's a perfectly justified and accurate description?

#52 cowboy30

cowboy30

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:the embryo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

You could go to any message board and turn to almost every analysist who's debated whether Eli is elite or not. You'll find more "No he's not elite" than "yes he is." It's that simple. It's just not the EMB....

#53 cowboy30

cowboy30

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:the embryo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

http://www.nydailyne...ng-is-not-elite (Phil Simms)

http://aol.sportingn...altimore-ravens

http://newyork.sbnat...rk-giants-elite (having to debate this every year means your insconsistent, inconsistent does not = elite)

Peyton Manning told reporters, "My bro isn't elite. He's great, but not elite. So tell rich to gtfover it"

#54 BDAWK_4EVER

BDAWK_4EVER

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Mike Bellotti, who coached the Ducks for almost 17 seasons, said Dixon was the smartest QB he's ever coached.

Not to mention Dixon has great mobility, exceptional arm strength, uncanny pocket prescence and decision making, and a quick release. But yea some loser poster on EMB knows more than the scouts. He was on the scout team because he was injured. The guy will be a great player for us, especially reunited with Chip Kelly.

He was injured for 2 years? He hasn't been on an active roster since 2010. Probably because he sucks

#55 ShakeThatMonkey

ShakeThatMonkey

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,544 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 90s

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

This thread is gold. A lot of funny posts

Anyway, I'm not so sure how Thomas can come to the conclusion of Dixon being the most feared. Potential? That's the only thing I can see.

And honestly I remember Dixon in college before his injury and he was an incredible player. He was a Heisman candidate as well too before that bad knee injury in college. But that was college, this is the NFL

#56 NoDecaf

NoDecaf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Good times.

#57 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,163 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Spurrier with the Redskins + Matthews and Weurful ring a bell?

Matthews was a backup and had some starts in Chicago. Neither were practice squad players. Dixon might as well just be added as a QB coach to teach the new system. Save the roster spot for someone better.

#58 GA4M

GA4M

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

Why would he hate Herm for that, it was just luck it happened anyway?

Very sad to see Eagle fans holding on to something that didn't matter anyway. :thumbsup:

#59 flyeagles

flyeagles

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,001 posts
  • Fan Since:1964

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

it could be said the Ravens would not have been near as prepared to face Koepernick in the SB without Dixon running the scout team ....

#60 WeaponX225

WeaponX225

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Maybe he was being sarcastic lol.