Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Home, Sweet Home For Gamble

107 posts in this topic

The talks started last year when Howie Roseman approached Tom Gamble about coming home, back to Philadelphia, his family and the Eagles, and the timing just wasn’t perfect ...

View the full article

Take that Boner, as i pass Bobby Bonds on the all-time list.

RIGGED..I tell ya..RIGGED......I had it and now it has disappeared.....Bellecheat school of posters over here !!!!

5 people like this

There is no crying in HARDBALL...pull your nickers up...young man.

1 person likes this

Boo Hoo!!!!!

Hmmm methinks you could have shown a bit of neighbourly love from one of the fold from accross the pond!!!

2 people like this

Howie and Gamble...like Gimbel's and Macy's.

1 person likes this

RIGGED..I tell ya..RIGGED......I had it and now it has disappeared.....Bellecheat school of posters over here !!!!

Remember...Black Friday with our Phitens in '77 vs them stinking Dodgers...mercy.
2 people like this

3D is sunbutts! You better believe it.

>>>DDD: Might want to tweak my Combine Submission. Can you give us a run down of who has picked which athlete and what times are projected?

1 person likes this

I like the Gamble hire. It gets the Birds back to the successful way of doing business. Personnel Man does player personnel. The HC Coach coaches the players and runs his assistants. Capologist makes the deals on the "right players" using input from Player Personnel and HC. I like this triangle of responsibility. And, both Roseman and Gamble are proven performers in the NFL. Kelly is the new guy--and he has great support--finally.

Elam - 4.57, Vicarro - 4.47, Cyprien - 4.52, Phillip Thomas 4.64, Reid - 4.52.

watch how right I am..... Lol. 40's are hard to guess.

I would be interested in how many players on the 49'ers current roster were Mr. Gamble's picks. And their names! Ha

Woody...93 took Goodwin at 4.28.Cman took Austin at 4.29. You took Ace at 4.33. MWH took Ace at 4.32. I took Denard Robinson at 4.35 in our COMBO40.

>>DDD: what about SENHORCOOK? If anyone ought to be handicapping, its him. Disgraceful.

you are thinking Combo times will be on the slow side? That was my initial take as well.

Can you clarify how the winner is determined?

Does our player have to post the fastest 40...and then we see how close our guess is to the actual time?

Or, is the winner the entry with player who runs an identical time to the guess?

Wood, are things ok now in the conspiracy world of the Eagles front office??? LOL I remember this being talked about last year as Howie got extended and Banner was replaced as President ... it was the next natural step in getting a football guy in place. (Basically saying when Andy is gone next year, we will hire a coach to just coach and get someone else to be the key influence on player personel.) I guess you were under the impression that Howie wanted to do all this and saw himself as the football expert. Hearing enough talk over the past year, I always got the impression someone else was coming in for that, but that the main things Howie was going to have influence with was choosing the head coach and the football guy to help him pick players. I don't think that's too out of line... I would be the same way.

yeah wood...

gamble said he's "excited about Howie"

14 draft picks for a team that was not only in the super bowl, but has youth and salary cap situation to contend for years to come?

If they go BPA the league better watch itself!

wow...the 9ers got 14 draft picks

So, maybe them 9'er want to spend a few on Djax and Asomugha?

2 people like this

Wood ... no Djax or Asomugha trade until they get new contracts.