Jump to content


[News] Kelly: I Want To Coach Nick Foles


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

    EMB Legend

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Head coach Chip Kelly has said it "a thousand times," but he might need to say it another thousand times before it sinks in. Kelly reiterated that just because he utilized a quarter...

View the full article

#2 dub sel

dub sel

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

And I believe kelly, i keep telling ppl this, foles has a real shot, sadly vick has the one up cause of the  contract. Unless a team offers sumthin,real nice for foles, he will be here.

#3 301EaglesFan

301EaglesFan

    Training Camp Body

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Really hope Foles gets his shot and this just isn't bs

#4 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

This gives me hope Vick will be traded and Foles will start.

#5 dub sel

dub sel

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Vick starts, all about the money

#6 hedge8727

hedge8727

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Easton Maryland
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Kelly is inflating Foles value, or every other pundit has no clue what they are talking about, I suspect the latter.

#7 EaglesNation79

EaglesNation79

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Location:Maryland
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Finally Chip has said something to stop the trade rumors on Foles.  Vick's time in Philly is over when his contract is up or he is traded.  Vick is getting older by the day and the Eagles need to solidify the QB spot for long term.

#8 AirAfrica

AirAfrica

    Training Camp Body

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm. Pretty sure Kelly knows a lot more about who and what works in HIS offense than those pundits...just saying

#9 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I really want to coach Nick Foles...... but we'll take the draft pick instead.

#10 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Chip Kelly will do what's best for Chip Kelly, then the Eagles, and then the players.  Whomever needs to be cut or traded will be at the appropriate time and there will be the "perfect" justification for it.

One or more of the QB's are going.  Does any team in the NFL have 4 QBs under contract?

BTW:  What did New Hamshire do versus Oregon when Kelly was at each of those schools?

#11 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Posthedge8727, on 21 February 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Kelly is inflating Foles value, or every other pundit has no clue what they are talking about, I suspect the latter.

Kelly likes all his QBs right now (wink wink).  He is saying the right things.  He's keeping his options open.  He want's to do what's best for winning.  Either he will develop Foles to be his "guy" over time or choose his own "guy".  Now is as good a time for him to get his own 'guy'.  The Eagles can't do much worse than last year.  No one is expecting the Eagles to be in the playoffs next year.  A lot of you guys would even be happy with a 2-14 record if a lot of the current players were cut/traded/whatever as long as there is change.  At least thats what I am hearing you say.  I prefer to that we have a good year/winning year as we start making adjustments that are required for the medium term. I can't even say long term because nothing is guaranteed.

I think the important thing is that we get a good system in here and recruit the people than can excel in that system.  Don't recruit the wrong person that doesn't fit into your system and then try to bend em.  (square peg in a round hole doesn't work.)

#12 dub sel

dub sel

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I dont agree with u, I expect the eagles in the playoffs next year. I expect them to make it to the superbowl vs the,pats.

#13 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postdub sel, on 21 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I dont agree with u, I expect the eagles in the playoffs next year. I expect them to make it to the superbowl vs the,pats.

lolllllllllllllll.  Thanks for that one.

#14 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts
  • Location:Newtown
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

He just raised Foles trade value by a round or two, if that is the direction that he chooses to go.

#15 SilvereignEagle

SilvereignEagle

    Training Camp Body

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

"Everybody wants to know who the QB will be in September, I want to know who the QB will be come September" - Chip Kelly

Vick - his pay gives him the upper hand

Foles - played against Kelly who wants to coach him

Dixon - his skill-set is well known as a former Oregon QB

Edwards - (?) Unknown to even Kelly

Vick still has the big strong arm, necessary for the 3 phrases of the field but has been inconsistent. His mobility may have lost a step or 2, but still is a threat to any defenses. He's at an age where getting bad hits puts him out to the sideline or out of other games. Is he teachable, to understand what the defenses does in the box. He might screw the run game if he can't read the defense setups.

Foles has good mentality to keep his eyes down field but has an above-average arm, necessary for the short and immediate routes on a consistent level, able to pass over 20  with some accuracy. Not much mobility but handles the pocket fairly well and runs okay to pick up yardage or first downs.

Dixon is mostly unknown except to Kelly. He can handle the back field well and is able to get the ball out quickly. Can't read him much except for what he has done at Oregon.

Edwards has a good arm for the short and immediate routes, when he played in preseason games. Plays the back field and within the pocket, fine. His mobility is a question mark and he has never played in any regular season games. The judgement is lacking where his skills are concerned.

I would use both Vick and Foles alternately especially the way Kelly likes to keep defenses thinking. In the up-tempo offense, Vick and Foles could present different timing and adjustments against defenses. In a sense, it wouldn't be wise to alternate starters, but I had hoped AR would have done so last year, instead of Vick losing  so much with ball controls. It gave defenses a lot of predictable executions with Vick than it would have been with Foles. The outcome could have been much different if AR implemented the starting roles between Vick and Foles. That way he can see who he could keep on the field a little longer before he change on them. It could have minimized the TOs than the way it got.

I'm not purposely leaving out Dixon and Edwards, just don't know much about those 2. All I'm saying, since it's an open competition, find the best 2 out of those 4, and whoever else they bring in, use them alternatively. By doing so, Kelly could possibly have a tandem of QBs in his hands and the schemes would work for both. Just so we understands how Vick is from the good and bad perspectives, that it would be necessary to incorporate an alternative starting roles between 2 of the best QBs on the team. Both have bad and good traits when it comes to defenses and the up-tempo gives both of them added advantages.

For the record, Kelly abhors TOs and QB sacks. And I believe using 2 QBs alternately, could be in Kelly's favor of eliminating TOs and QB sacks to it's minimum. Out of the 2, Vick would have more TOs and sacks than the other, but the important thing is moving the chain and being RZ efficient would be the key. Just Vick or Foles or whoever it is as a perennial starter, just isn't going to cut it in my opinion. Foles has a solid football IQ and has much to learn, just not as quick as we would like him to be. Vick has nothing more than his arm and legs, he's not quick or instinctive but he is still in the league. I don't know what to make with Dixon and Edwards or any other that comes into the competition. Having one starter isn't going to make it, unless he is the typical QB you would want in every game. Right now, we don't have that "it" factor on the team, so why not take the best 2 and let each of them complement one another. How I would love to have Vick in Foles then we definitely have a starter and much to improve on.

#16 ThomasMaine

ThomasMaine

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Of course the Birds can make the playoffs next season.  Look at the stats for Andrew Luck last year vs Foles.  Other than fumbles and yds per game they are pretty close.  Foles actually had a higher QB rating and completion percentage.  Crazy comparison?  That's the hard truth about  a rookie QB we already have.
And that was at $500 grand vs 4 million.
Trading Foles would be foolish.  What do you do then?  Burn another draft pick on a maybe QB?
Vick is up for trade or his 1 year deal stings less then it would have before the contract was reworked and is good depth with a shot to start if a miracle happens with his short passing game and reads.
I don't get why some people are so down on Foles' rookie showing given that offensive line and defensive train wreck last season.
I watched a franchise that didn't exist until 1996 win its second Super Bowl.  
Yes.  I expect the Eagles to make the playoffs.  Totally reasonable.


#17 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

See this is what myself and other Foles fans have been saying the whole time. He would be stupid to trade Foles, when he is the best QB on the team. He knows this is the NFL and you have to put your best players on the field . No matter what his scheme is or play calling style. If anything Vick has the most to prove. His turnovers had allot to do with our sickening year. Sure the O line was banged up but it was even more banged up for Foles  even more. Foles was just smarter with the ball, he made mistakes. But they were nothing in comparison to Vick and he was a rookie. Dixon will be lucky to make the squad. People get a grip, Vick is only here because the QB's in this draft is not that great and they got him for less then half price. Reduced his contract to one year. Foles is gonna beat Vick out, just like he did last year. If they released Vick they would of took a big cap hit. By restructuring his contract they make cap room. Also  they made so, if they decide to trade him to some garbage team, they will be interested. 14 mill, not even the worst team on earth would pay that. But one year 6 mill if he is a starter, then why not. If worst comes to worst, Vick is a backup it is only for a year and they won't owe him as much. He has to be the starter and win games to get most that money. Low risk, possible high reward. No way they get rid of the all time Eagles Rookie leader at QB. Even if he  is not a Kelly Prototype QB. No reason to trade any QB before preseason. New coach has to look at all 4. Hopefully they all look good in preseason. IT will make even Edwards more valuable then he is now. I hate Vick but still think they did the right thing by keeping him. Why take a cap hit, when he was willing to restructure and compete. After 11 years, all of a sudden Vick is gonna be able to read D fronts and call plays from the huddle? Please at best, he is a backup or he gets traded. Foles already looked better another year under his belt. His poise,toughness,size and quick release. He could be a very good QB. Vick  is getting old, he has to get his head out of his @SS. He has to study the playbook and put in the work. His work ethic has always sucked. How can you forget, how bad he was last year, Sure blame the Line,the coach,play calling .  Excuses, excuses excuses... Canada, don't mind Dub, he is a little delusional. But one can hope.

#18 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Kelly is not gonna ask Edwards to run, if he throws like last preseason then he will beat out Dixon. Foles is not a read option threat. Still if he has to escape out the pocket to make a play, he is a scrambler. Say Kelly has his eye on the perfect double threat passer and runner. In next years draft. Building Foles up to be one of the best young pocket passers in the NFL. Will make him worth even more next year. Look at what we got for Kolb. Foles is way better then him. Vick is gone next year,no matter what.  Foles could either be our future, which i doubt cause I think all coaches,want their guy. Still he could bring us a top pick and a player with a solid season.

#19 hedge8727

hedge8727

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Easton Maryland
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Could you imagine if the iggles traded Foles and made Vick the starter? The fans wouldn't stand for it. I see an exchange between the boobirds and somebody's middle digit as in times past.

#20 SilvereignEagle

SilvereignEagle

    Training Camp Body

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

EAGLESNY1 - Good point on the Vick restructured deal and not needing to take that hefty cap hits.

#21 SilvereignEagle

SilvereignEagle

    Training Camp Body

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

hedge8727 - No, I really can't imagine trading Foles nor having Vick be the starter. It would be self-sabotage to have Vick driving the team and compile astronomical TOs and sacks than any of his previous years. Kelly knows Dixon more than anyone does, but it doesn't conclude he would be a starter, either. It's a toss-up at the QB position and I'd have a jaw-dropping, eye-popping incident if Edwards does become the starter. Just saying.

#22 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Please stop on Trent Edwards. He will be lucky to have a roster spot. We have seen what Vick is no thanks. We have seen what Trent Edwards has in Buffalo no thanks. Dennis Dixon is not a starting QB in the NFL, and Foles is an awful fit for a Chip Kelly offense, and for all of you that say "we don't even know what kind of offense Chip Kelly will run", yes we do.. it's who Kelly is, if he wasn't going to run that offense he has always run then why did he bring Dennis Dixon in to help teach that offense to the other QB's on the roster and to compete for a job. The QB situation is terrible. I wish we could just admit it and move on.

#23 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostEAGLESNY1, on 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Kelly is not gonna ask Edwards to run, if he throws like last preseason then he will beat out Dixon. Foles is not a read option threat. Still if he has to escape out the pocket to make a play, he is a scrambler. Say Kelly has his eye on the perfect double threat passer and runner. In next years draft. Building Foles up to be one of the best young pocket passers in the NFL. Will make him worth even more next year. Look at what we got for Kolb. Foles is way better then him. Vick is gone next year,no matter what.  Foles could either be our future, which i doubt cause I think all coaches,want their guy. Still he could bring us a top pick and a player with a solid season.

We just don't know how it will all play out.  Many thought and hoped Kelly wouldn't be here.  He was all but gone and now he's here!  Nearly everyone thought that Vick would be cut after the Super Bowl.  He still here!  Yes is contract has been adjusted downwards but he is still here.  Let's not get all twisted because his salary has been cut.  Any of you that have worked a job understands that sometimes the front office cuts your salary and benefits.  Perhaps later on you get an increase or find a better job elsewhere.

BTW: At nearly every step, the geniuses on this forum have been wrong with their predictions.  Whether it's which coaching staff are going to be here or which palyers are going to be here.  Lot's of cold air blowing out of Philly and New York.  lol

#24 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostSilvereignEagle, on 21 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

"Everybody wants to know who the QB will be in September, I want to know who the QB will be come September" - Chip Kelly

Vick - his pay gives him the upper hand

Foles - played against Kelly who wants to coach him

Dixon - his skill-set is well known as a former Oregon QB

Edwards - (?) Unknown to even Kelly

Vick still has the big strong arm, necessary for the 3 phrases of the field but has been inconsistent. His mobility may have lost a step or 2, but still is a threat to any defenses. He's at an age where getting bad hits puts him out to the sideline or out of other games. Is he teachable, to understand what the defenses does in the box. He might screw the run game if he can't read the defense setups.

Foles has good mentality to keep his eyes down field but has an above-average arm, necessary for the short and immediate routes on a consistent level, able to pass over 20  with some accuracy. Not much mobility but handles the pocket fairly well and runs okay to pick up yardage or first downs.

Dixon is mostly unknown except to Kelly. He can handle the back field well and is able to get the ball out quickly. Can't read him much except for what he has done at Oregon.

Edwards has a good arm for the short and immediate routes, when he played in preseason games. Plays the back field and within the pocket, fine. His mobility is a question mark and he has never played in any regular season games. The judgement is lacking where his skills are concerned.

I would use both Vick and Foles alternately especially the way Kelly likes to keep defenses thinking. In the up-tempo offense, Vick and Foles could present different timing and adjustments against defenses. In a sense, it wouldn't be wise to alternate starters, but I had hoped AR would have done so last year, instead of Vick losing  so much with ball controls. It gave defenses a lot of predictable executions with Vick than it would have been with Foles. The outcome could have been much different if AR implemented the starting roles between Vick and Foles. That way he can see who he could keep on the field a little longer before he change on them. It could have minimized the TOs than the way it got.

I'm not purposely leaving out Dixon and Edwards, just don't know much about those 2. All I'm saying, since it's an open competition, find the best 2 out of those 4, and whoever else they bring in, use them alternatively. By doing so, Kelly could possibly have a tandem of QBs in his hands and the schemes would work for both. Just so we understands how Vick is from the good and bad perspectives, that it would be necessary to incorporate an alternative starting roles between 2 of the best QBs on the team. Both have bad and good traits when it comes to defenses and the up-tempo gives both of them added advantages.

For the record, Kelly abhors TOs and QB sacks. And I believe using 2 QBs alternately, could be in Kelly's favor of eliminating TOs and QB sacks to it's minimum. Out of the 2, Vick would have more TOs and sacks than the other, but the important thing is moving the chain and being RZ efficient would be the key. Just Vick or Foles or whoever it is as a perennial starter, just isn't going to cut it in my opinion. Foles has a solid football IQ and has much to learn, just not as quick as we would like him to be. Vick has nothing more than his arm and legs, he's not quick or instinctive but he is still in the league. I don't know what to make with Dixon and Edwards or any other that comes into the competition. Having one starter isn't going to make it, unless he is the typical QB you would want in every game. Right now, we don't have that "it" factor on the team, so why not take the best 2 and let each of them complement one another. How I would love to have Vick in Foles then we definitely have a starter and much to improve on.

Interesting points you make.  Especially about alternating the QBs.  They need to run the ball more.  I think both Vick and Foles would do much better if we ran the ball more.  It would open more running chances for Vick. Iit would also open up the passing game for both Foles and Vick.  I don't know what the impact on Vick and Foles would be having to start alternate games (uncertainty).  It could be good or bad.  The Eagles definitely need to have 2 QBs that can step in the game and win.  I am not convinced that any of the QBs on the roster can make it through a whole season without an injury.  Those NFL defenders hit HARD.  Plus they are paid bounties to knock guys out of the game.

As per you comment above, Vick isn't as fast as he used to be but he is the fastest/quickest QB on the Eagles team.

#25 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostKmarcelli, on 22 February 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Please stop on Trent Edwards. He will be lucky to have a roster spot. We have seen what Vick is no thanks. We have seen what Trent Edwards has in Buffalo no thanks. Dennis Dixon is not a starting QB in the NFL, and Foles is an awful fit for a Chip Kelly offense, and for all of you that say "we don't even know what kind of offense Chip Kelly will run", yes we do.. it's who Kelly is, if he wasn't going to run that offense he has always run then why did he bring Dennis Dixon in to help teach that offense to the other QB's on the roster and to compete for a job. The QB situation is terrible. I wish we could just admit it and move on.

Good points.  Nothing lasts forever, we just all have to move on.  I think I heard that somewhere.


I think that if Kelly brings in a good system (and is able to teach it) and we have a healthy team our QBs are good enough.  The QB is is just one component (an important one) of the team.  Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers would look bad playing on the Eagles 2012 team.  One guy can't do it all in the NFL.

#26 forevereagles

forevereagles

    EMB Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,780 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

It seems to matter how many times, or ways he says he likes Nick. You anti Foles people find ways to discredit his comments . "With he just raised his trade value".What are you going to do when the season begins and Nick is still  on the roster? Or better yet is the opening day starter?

I don't think the man has to say anything to raise Foles trade value. Teams watched him play last season. They know what they are getting in the kid.

Dave is right when he said no matter how many times Kelly says he likes Nick there will always be those that will question his honesty... to justify their own  reason for not wanting the kid.

#27 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postforevereagles, on 22 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

It seems to matter how many times, or ways he says he likes Nick. You anti Foles people find ways to discredit his comments . "With he just raised his trade value".What are you going to do when the season begins and Nick is still  on the roster? Or better yet is the opening day starter?

I don't think the man has to say anything to raise Foles trade value. Teams watched him play last season. They know what they are getting in the kid.

Dave is right when he said no matter how many times Kelly says he likes Nick there will always be those that will question his honesty... to justify their own  reason for not wanting the kid.

forevereagles, I really don't think people are anti-Foles.  I think some people including myself are not convinced about him being the best on the team right now.  Further, I wasn't impressed last season either.  That said, he came into a difficult situation with the state of the team and all.  As I've said numerous times, NO QB would have looked good on our team last year.  For me, I just don't like when people get over-hyped about any player when they haven't proved themselves yet.  Now if he or anyother QB is the starter next year, I will be rooting for the Eagles .  If he and the Eagles do well and he performs very well (not even super star) I will enjoy it.

Just don't over-hype and make things out to be more than they are.  If he is great he will get to show that greatness in due time.  He will also get the recognition for it to.

#28 bckarpman

bckarpman

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Almost the whole team sucked last year so where can you stop pointing fingers,you can't AR,O Line decimated, Defense was all over the place,DC HORRIBLE, Wide 9-BS - put too much pressure on Secondary and made them look  pretty bad, Im done with Vick time to move on but really it wasn't all his fault nobody played harder. Special teams sucked.ALL the coaches except for Mudd. Nobody blamed the water boy so I don't know about him .If we don't have a dissent O Line it won't matter who the QB is or what kind of offense or defense we have.

#29 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

    Backup

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostThomasMaine, on 21 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Of course the Birds can make the playoffs next season.  Look at the stats for Andrew Luck last year vs Foles.  Other than fumbles and yds per game they are pretty close.  Foles actually had a higher QB rating and completion percentage.  Crazy comparison?  That's the hard truth about  a rookie QB we already have.
And that was at $500 grand vs 4 million.
Trading Foles would be foolish.  What do you do then?  Burn another draft pick on a maybe QB?
Vick is up for trade or his 1 year deal stings less then it would have before the contract was reworked and is good depth with a shot to start if a miracle happens with his short passing game and reads.
I don't get why some people are so down on Foles' rookie showing given that offensive line and defensive train wreck last season.
I watched a franchise that didn't exist until 1996 win its second Super Bowl.  
Yes.  I expect the Eagles to make the playoffs.  Totally reasonable.

Perhaps the Eagles can make the playoffs.  I would love it.  My hopes aren't too hig but I would expect it 2 years from now.  By the way the comparison with Andrew Luck is not sensible.  The Colts have mostly been solid (better than the Eagles) from 2002 - 2013.  They had a terrible year before Luck but that was a blip.  What I am saying is that they had a good team and system for a good 10 years and they had 1 terrible year.