[News] Report: Eagles, Asomugha Talk Contract

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,603 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

According to reports, the Eagles will meet with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha’s agent Friday morning to discuss restructuring his contract.

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Time for a new Secondary. That's why I was calling for the young guys, guys like Hughes, Marsh and that David Sims to get more playing time so they get an idea if they're worthy of going forward with or not. Thank heavens Billy Davis know's what Sims is all about. It was SO frustrating seeing him, after a rough start, settle in and play a dynamite game when he got the chance, only to not see the field again the rest of the season.

#3 mmm4552

mmm4552

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I hope Asomugha does restructure his contract. Sure, he's had 2 dismal seasons, but with DRC essentially gone we still need a veteran presence and he's that guy.

#4 Brian_T

Brian_T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'd like to see Nnamdi with an actual safety that plays at even an average NFL level. It's sad that I don't know if Nnamdi is good or bad because the safety play on this team is abysmal and that is putting it nicely.  Hopefully they pick up some new ones this year.

#5 Eagle_in_ATL

Eagle_in_ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'd like to see Nnamdi as a safety

#6 saveir1

saveir1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Looking at Nnamdi the last two seasons it was clear to me that most of his bad play was due to confusion in the secondary. Although I did witness him flat out get beat on several occasions, but every corner gets beat at times ( Champ Bailey ), it doesn't mean he's not good. At the right price I would bring both corners back under the new system and draft a corner in the late rounds since CBs are deep in this years class. I'm apsolutely against reaching that high for Dee Milliner, when we need so much on defense ( LBs, NT, S, CBs ) and still have to address the OL. The whole defense was a mess, not just the corners. Give them another shot. Chip Kelly will bench players and give someone else a chance to step up when a players performace falls off. And I don't see Nnamdi playing safety because he's not built to dish or take the kinds of hits we need for a safety to do. Brian Dawkins was built like a warrior out of 300 and played like one, most corners shy away from contact as much as possible. Deion Sanders was one of the greatest corners to play the game but wouldn't or couldn't tackle. Even though he was a ball-hawk, all safeties have to tackle and Nnamdi didn't tackle well and is built simular to Neon Deion. He just better focus on being the player we thought he was coming out of Oakland and let us find a true safety. Rumor has it that Laron Landry is going to be free soon, we tryied to get him before and failed, we might want to give him a second look. After all he did make the pro-bowl which is more than I can say about anyone else on this roster.

#7 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

ASSho has to go. NO question about it,never made the playoffs and brings pisspoor play on the feild.

#8 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

@saveir1 Like alot of what you selling this is the N.F.L  SHUTDOWN  CB's get beat in todays game. I would bring those guys back at the right price... give Chip a chance to work with the talent on the team at a reduced price with incentives... I would make a play for Revis in trade if the Yets can't afford him we probably could.. If our Injured O Line players are ready to return I would go Dline with the 4th pick and get that Oregon LB Dion "forgot his last name that many are calling a freak of nature at 06'07"  that can cover slot receivers and TE's especially when we face NE and teams with those Tall TE in the League.

#9 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Would rather see both corners go however we may have to hang onto one of them until we see how we make out in free agency and the draft. Would let DRC (Doesn't Really Care) go for sure but if Asomugha can be had for a lot cheaper as an insurance policy it may be smart to keep him. He could always be traded away if he is not needed and a restructured salary would make it easier to do so. Rumor mill has it that the Saints are already interested in him if he becomes available.

#10 Nate Minor

Nate Minor

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

Nnamdi Asomugha%u2019s been and still is the worst decision this organization ever made. Kindly, let him go and free up some salary cap. Why   He stinks, he cannot tackle or shut down prime receivers