Photo

[News] Kelly Taking The Right Approach

This topic is in the process of being archived.
348 replies to this topic

#331 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Woody....Stoutland also has players from Maimi that he coached which would be a much better fit in the Eagles zone blockingthat I believe we will run. Stoutland will no better then anyone if his Bama guys will be able to play int he zone blocking and I think he will know that Warmack will not fit just my take.

I think Fisher or Lane Johnson could be real targets for the Eagles in the 1st round if we want a G trading down and selecting the G from NC would be who I target.

#332 C5Alumni

C5Alumni

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

My best guess for trade would be either to Miami (#12-1200, #43- 470, #87-155=1825) or the Rams (#16- 1000, #21-800=1800) Both teams have major needs at OL as well.

#333 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

C5...I am saying we trade with the Bills who will look to move up to get in front of the Cards so they can draft Geno

#334 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I know the combine has everyone fired up about the draft but free agency is first. So much depends on who becomes available and where they land as to who goes where when in the draft. And thank you TJ on legitimizing my claim I've been a part of this place too long to have the donut

#335 C5Alumni

C5Alumni

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I was a big fan of Lane before yesterday. As of today, he would be my #1 target.

#336 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

>>BG93: Great Point. I still think Birds will go with an OL player at 4..or first round pick. If not OL then DL. I don't think we'll see them "reach" for a player from obscurity or illogically out of the BPA paradigm.

Despite the talent on the 2012 OL, injuries cut it quickly to shreds--and even Mudd couldn't put humpty-dumpty together with MM calling games with 50 pass attempts. On DL, Birds need more help for Brandon Graham and Fetcher Cox.

#337 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I just saw an interesting stat the Eagles lost 22fumbles last season we had a total of 37. the crazy stat is that the Eagles only caused 21 fumbles and recovered only 5.

#338 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

>>BG93: Do you have the break down by player? Bryce Brown is almost public enemy #1 on that list?

#339 C5Alumni

C5Alumni

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

BG-The Bills might work (4 for 8 and 42?) Close. Might have to do some wheelin' and Dealin' on that one. I do see the reasoning, I just don't think that FO's and Coaching staffs are valuing this QB crop as highly as the fans are. At the Combine the ex GM's/Billick where Ripping all of them. I must say that I agree.

Woody - MV#1, BB#2.

#340 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

C5....Bills owner said he wants a QB and is willing to move up to get one. I think you tend to forget QBs get over valued all the time I mean Ponder,Jake Locker,Tannehill,Weeden. If anything I will say FO's probably valuing the Qbs more then fans.

Woody....Bryce lost 3 fumbles same as Foles and Shady, Vick led the way on the team with 5 fumbles lost

http://sports.yahoo....00791--nfl.html

#341 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

The stats in that Yahoo article are just scary they said the Eagles missed 61tackles in 8games. Coleman had 10 and Kendricks had 11

#342 C5Alumni

C5Alumni

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well then let Mr. Wilson take Geno and we will take #8 and #42. Sounds good to me.

#343 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

>>BG93: seems like Eagles article is merely a catalog of our gripes of 2011 and 2012.

I think Chip cannot help but do better.

Even Kotite did better...

#344 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

>>C5A: Ralph Wilson must be closing in on his 100th birthday. Actually I think he is 94 and Marv Levy is 87. Incredible when you stop to think about it. He's owned the Bills since day one.

#345 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Woody...I do believe Kelly will get back to the basics and we will see this team improve. But something I do not see Kelly doing is fixing Vick I am sorry if Vick has not changed in 10yrs as an NFL pro I do not think going under what now his 4th NFL HC is going to make him change he is going to be the same incosistent turnover machine injury prone player that struggles to pickup blitzes and read D that he has always been.

#346 MichaelHarris

MichaelHarris

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

BG93; I was thinking the same thing after reading C5's post.
Fans aren't excited about this year's QB crop because there isn't a Luck or RGIII out there this year that the media has pumped up to be the next Montana's, but I have to believe that GM's are fairly excited about Geno, and there are a couple others that are promising projects. Fans might not be calling for Geno's name so much, but there are several teams that he should be able to start for and improve right away.
Warmack can fit into any scheme. He's much like JP in the sense that he's powerful but can move quick enough to hit blocks in the second level. I disagree with you that he won't fit into Chip and Co.'s offense. He's the best interior lineman prospect to come around in over a decade. Tough to pass on that, especially if we do happen to trade back and he's still available.

#347 MichaelHarris

MichaelHarris

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

If we trade back and Warmack isn't available I wouldn't complain about Cooper either though. Also wouldn't complain about passing on Cooper and taking Kyle Long in the 2nd round.

#348 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I agree with you MH Warmack fits any scheme for a guard. He's a beast. As long as he doesn't have any motivation issues *cough* Andrews *cough*. Everything I've read has been glowing about EJs performance. They said his footwork was great and consistent and his accuracy was consistent. It looks like he put up solid numbers on all the drills. He had a pretty great season. He finished with a spectacular BCS game. Was MVP of the Senior Bowl. I don't see how he hasn't climbed all the draft boards. Everything I was seeing he was ranked around the beginning of the third /late second before his bowl game. He has to be rated the second best qb on most boards I would think now. Barkley is a vase of a qb. Glennon has the size and tools but just not that much of a gamer.

#349 MichaelHarris

MichaelHarris

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I do miss Andrews.. while his head was still in it... memories of Andrews dominating and blowing open lanes for Westbrook is part of why I want Warmack in midnight green. Just think, Warmack is an even better prospect than he was...