[News] Mock Draft Tracker

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,768 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

With the NFL Scouting Combine is in full swing, we turn to our Mock Draft Tracker to find out which players the experts think the Eagles might draft with the fourth overall pick. Texas A&M tackle L...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,520 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Milliner is hurt. Risky at #4...Mel.

#3 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

All these predictions are just fluff until after free agency.

#4 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

i agree triple d. there is alot of CB talent in the draft the FA. i say get an extra pick by trading to about 8 to get Kenny Vaccaro. if we dont get DRC back then maybe Dashon Goldson or Brent Grimesto fix up our secondary. our offensive line is okay to add good depth maybe in the 4th round. Aqiub Talib is an interesting name also.

#5 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Eric Fisher makes an appearance. Nobody knows anything. It's too early for one and for two nobody knows what the Eagles are going to do. I would trade out of this pick in a second. You can get the same type player at #4 as you can at #15. Trade it and get more picks.

#6 Brodieman

Brodieman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I agree with trading down to take more players for our secondary, if star Lotulelei is gone.  Don't want aqib Talib, but would like Byrd or goldson or reed.  Definitely want Matt Elam at safety, that guy can tackle and hit!  And he is not a coverage liability

#7 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

According to most draft experts the deepest position players in this years draft will be  Offensive linemen and Safeties. The cornerbacks class is not as deep.  Walterfootball.com has Sam Shields age 25 from the Packers, Keenan Lewis age 27 from the Steelers and Aqib Talib age 27 from the Patriots listed as the top three cornerbacks in this years free agency. We should try to sign one of them and preferably not the head case Talib. Shields is  RFA so the Packers get to match any offer a team makes and if he is signed, it would also cost us an undetermined draft pick.

#8 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

some of you guys are crazy sam shields is the 3rd best corner on a horrible defense why would we want him? keenan lewis is ok for the right price and talib is ok but ill pass. Bryd wont hit the market, reed wants too much money n will only be a bandaid. i say we take jockel or fisher in the first so that our offense can be dynamic and guys will have time to get open then take elam in the 2nd take jonathon cyprien in the 3rd take Zaviar gooden in the 4th. in free agency we need to sign laron landry and DRC. elam can play the nickel on running downs with cyprien and landry over the top and boykin can move out if we lose drc.

#9 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

my alternate is to sign jake long and laron landry then draft star Lotulelei in the first  xavier rhodes in the 2nd authur brown in the 3rd and travis kelce in the 4th

#10 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think the Eagles have the front 7 right now.  They should resign Darryl Tapp and put him on as the left DE.  Antonio Dixon is the nose tackle.  Cox is the DT, and Cole is the predator DE.  I would put Brandon Graham as the rush OLB as the Sam spot.  Ryans is the thumper in the middle, and Kendricks is the playmaker on the weakside.  I think Brandom Graham is athletic enough to drop back in coverage when he needs too.  This element of surprise is what the Eagles need to confuse offenses.  The Eagles were so predictable on defense last season.

#11 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

The reason i have Tapp at left end is because this position in Davis defense has to be a good run stopper.  Curry should battle for the job, but Tapp has proven to stop the run.

#12 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

As a far as the secondary....cut Asohole bc he is selfish, cant locate the football, and tackles like like a girl. DRC is would try to resign and hope that Davis can disipline him and have him play like he did in Arizona.  They need to draft a corner in the early rounds.  I would give Nate Allen one more chance to see if he can play.  He is soft, but I still believe has has decent enough cover skills to play centerfield.  Coleman on the other hand is clueless and falls for play action every time.  I would look to sign a stop gap free agent safety and spend an early pick in the draft on another.  I just want a FA safety that can hit and play solid red zone defense.

#13 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thatboy - Sorry but the Packers had the #2 scoring defense in the league this year. Sam Shields had 5 interceptions this year plus he runs  a 4.3 second 40 yard dash. I think I would include him in my considerations.

#14 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I think after seeing the O lineman @ the Combine today. That using the #4 overall pick on an O lineman would be a bad move. Yes, Chance Warmack is a beast of a Guard and should be a force on any O line. Jockel is still looking like the top projected OT. At the same time Eric Fisher looks just as good. Plus Johnathan Cooper is making a major push up draft boards and Lane Johnson is looking like a beast. He looks like a day one starter. Then their is still Kyle Long and DJ Fluker. I mean the list goes on and on. AR is gonna most likely take Joeckel,unless Geno Smith blows everyone away. I know they are trying to trade that pick. Who can blame them but I don't think their will be many takers cause the top ten is different in every mock draft i have seen. Either we trade out cause by 4 someone might want a person after the first 3 picks are taken. If we move back might still get Chance Warmack or other very good pick. Then we get an additional      # 2 pick. Having 2 second round picks is better then the #4 especially if we only move back a few spots, we are still getting a playmaker. Only thing I can say is Milliner might be gone. He might be gone before 4 at this rate.

#15 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was thinking about Sam Sheilds myself. DRC is younger but Sheilds always plays hard when he is on the feild. Still i have seen DRC play hard and he was real good on The Cards. He started the year well too. Same thing with Nnamdi,I know he is not the most physical player. Still he was always a very smart player. Seemed like when Bowles took over at DC and left his secondary position,they just where confused. I am not defending either one's lack of intensity. But if guys don't believe the non sense they are being taught. Then they don't buy in or succeed. A part of me believes with the right system DRC can be the man. We saw glimpses in the beginning of the year. If a coach can get him playing his best. He is extremely fast and can get a bunch of INT's.  Other then Shields got too many older players. Charles Woodson was a top CB in green bay but he has been around since i think 2000 or 2001.

#16 theigglesfan

theigglesfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm shocked all these mock people(16 of them) believe K.C. isn't interested at all in Luke and the Raiders(4 of them) think the Raiders will pass on Star. If 1 of those 2 cats do slip by hopefully they get Star. You can get an excellent OT in the 2nd maybe even 3rd rd if they want to(I'd prefer a C/G in the 2nd like that guy Mayock ranks 3rd as a C even though he can play anywhere accept LT on the OL. Like Kelce said Dennis Kelly looked really good and made huge improvements playing RT last year. They could sign Austin Howard as a young back up T, who started all 16 games 4 the Jets at LT last year, instead of King Dunlap if they prefer. But they need somebody who can play C, if Kelce takes a little while to recover, that could slip over to RG once Kelce is 100%. They should be in excellent shape at OL with what they have and a couple little moves like this.
Of course my 1st choice is to hope Geno falls to us so we can start the bidding war for him between the Bills(8), Jets(9) and possibly the 2 teams picking 6th & 7th. Then we can grab somebody like Dion Jordan(Oregon).
Although if they stay at 4 and Stars there he'd be by far the best choice. The 320lber can be paired up with Cox and can amazingly play at the highest level all across the DL plus do 1 thing I wouldn't feel great about Cox doing and that is playing NT in a 3-4 alignment(which is something I think the Eagles desperately need).
Besides those 2 players all the other guys should definitely be there at 4, but could be taken between picks 6-9 if we dropped back, as well.

#17 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Eaglesny1 - It is a little weird  that DRC and Shields both came out of the same area where I now live in Florida. DRC went to lake wood ranch high school in Bradenton and Shields went to Booker in Sarasota. DRC is 26 and Shields is 25 . The schools are only about 10 miles apart so they probably have played against each other in the same league.  I am convinced that the Eagles can turn this thing around in a year if they can get some players in free agency that are fimiliar with the 3/4 defense to help train the draft picks. I would like to see 1 linebacker, 1 Safety and 1 cornerback signing in free agency.

#18 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Which ones? I want to see them sign D,Goldston for safety from San Fran. Sheilds or DRC. I would cut Nnamdi unless he comes cheap. Sign DT from San Fran as well Sapoaga and Ellebe linebacker from the Ravens. I wanted H.Melton from the Bears for NT. But Chi gonna keep him.

Get Milliner, Banks or Trufant in the draft.

#19 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

And for all the people who think Foles will be traded. Your wrong they talked,No progress at all. Do not think Kelly can afford to trade him before seeing him in preseason and most of all seeing Vick. Vick is the big question mark here. Will he ever be a starter again, can he not make bonehead mistakes, can he even stay healthy? I think Kelly has enough NFL guys around him that he will not make they rookie mistake. Roseman drafted Foles.

#20 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

EagleSNY1 - My choice for linebacker would either be Ellerbe from the Ravens or Anthony Spencer from the Cowboys.  Ellerbe is very good in pass coverage and Spencer is good at rushing the Quarterback. Depends on what the Eagles are looking for in a linebacker.  At Safety of course everyone would like Jairus Byrd but I really believe Buffalo is going to resign him or they wouldn't have gotten rid of the other defensive players on their team. I believe a good second choice would be William Moore from the Falcons. And of course I already mentioned the three best cornerbacks as rated by Walterfootball. Actually they are the ones that had Shields rated as the top cornerback in free agency. I would also be happy with Keenan Lewis from the Steelers and he would probably be happy to get out of Pittsburgh with all the locker room turmoil going on there.

#21 theigglesfan

theigglesfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

1wrangler Dion Jordan (Oregon) is a combo of both Ellerbe & Spencer. Excellent at pass coverage & rushing the QB. Also when playing in the 4-3 we'd finally have our strong-side SAM LB. We can auction off Geno Smith to the 2-4 teams with high interest in him between the 6th-9th pick then grab Jordan. The Bills(8th pick) are the only team that will in all likelihood move up, the Jets at 9 are sounding more and more like possibilities and the teams picking 6th & 7th have interest as well.

#22 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

theigglesfan - I agree that Jordan looks like a great player to draft however I want another linebacker  as well. Call me greedy but I want a new veteran to go along with him. We have a couple linebackers that we can get rid of if we have someone better.

#23 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Why is everyone thinking linebacker when our CORNERS need a complete overhaul. Miliner is the best option for us not a linebacker.

#24 willie11

willie11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Any other day, I'd agree we ne need to take Millner. But since were moving to a 3-4 i think we need to take Star Loutele. The most important part of that type of defense is the hogs up front, and with Star, Jenkins, and Cox. It will help our mediocre linebackers and secondary

#25 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Who's gonna give Honey Badger a chance?