Photo

[News] Report: Eagles, Chiefs Discuss Foles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,288 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

The Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs had discussions on Thursday regarding quarterback Nick Foles, per Mike Garafalo of USA Today. Even though there were talks, the Eagles are in no rush to move the second-year quarterback.

View the full article

#2 baldbird

baldbird

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Fan Since:1969

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

To trade Foles it would be Kelly's worst mistake ..But Its not if but when in happens I will lose any ounce of faith I had (which is not much )in his coaching abilitys. Never wanted Kelly I think it was a HUGE mistake bringing him to philly.

#3 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

If Nick Foles is as good as all of you guys think, which I don't, then he should win that job no problem in training camp. Money or no money the best QB in camp will win. Look at Seattle they weren't thinking of money when they decided that Russell Wilson was their guy. If Foles is so talented and ready to be the QB of this football team then go win the job. Problem is if the Eagles thought he was the guy then they would have let Vick go. I think the Eagles see what people not wearing midnight green tinted sunglasses see. If he is that good winning the job should be pretty easy. Go win the job Nick.

#4 folesgirl

folesgirl

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Doesn't sound like he's going to make it to camp to compete.

#5 vermontbird

vermontbird

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Foles set some team records and did so without much help. I believe he is a keeper and the teams future. Andy know that and wants him in KC. I think Kelly will use him correctly, and be very sucessful

#6 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,525 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

@ vermonteagle, I agree, that I too think Foles is a keeper. But whether they keep him or not, I guess depends on what they see from him in the predraft mini camp. Every time he is asked about Foles he says the same things, over and over, that he his tough, accurate makes very good decisons is accurate, has a strong arm. Why would you entertain trading a kid with that kind of upside for a unknown prospect via draft picks? The old saying "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush" any day, is so true in this case.

#7 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yes!! Foles is a playoff caliber QB. Even though he's young he will be great and lead us to our first Super Bowl. If not this year then next. Fly Eagles Fly!!

#8 mmm4552

mmm4552

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

He's staying in Philly. I can't stand people saying he won't fit into Kelly's system. HELLO! LOOK AT WHAT HE RAN AT NEW HAMPSHIRE... He switched to a heavier run at Oregon because he was given mobile quarterbacks, not pocket passers...

#9 cam1288

cam1288

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

mmm.....colleges recruit the QB's they think can run their system. They recruited these mobile QB's because that's obviously what Chip Kelly wanted. Chip Kelly kept Vick, then signed Dennis Dixon..the writing is on the wall. He will run his Oregon offense to the fullest. The cards are stacked against Foles. Vick is a pathetic QB and Dixon has no chance of being a starting QB in the NFL. Sadly I see us having another miserable season, unless the defense carries us.

#10 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Based on what we see so far it is beginning to look like Vic is the stop gap answer with Dixon and perhaps someone from the draft as a safety valve. I don't think our QB of the future will be playing here this year. As for Foles and Edwards, I don't see how they fit. Wether they stay or go I hope the front office treats them well/. Foles is a good guy with potential for a great NFL career. Edwards has become a great security blanket providing a guy who can step in and manage a team...unfortunatly I don't think it will be this one. This year the Eagles need to concentrate on fixing the D and providing protection for the signal caller be it Vick or whoever wins the job. One thing though, I hope the powers that be are seriously looking at Eifert or Ertz. That could be an amazing fix to this offense.

#11 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

"Yes!! Foles is a playoff caliber QB. Even though he's young he will be great and lead us to our first Super Bowl. If not this year then next. Fly Eagles Fly!!" - wow - I guess I didn't see a limited QB go 1-6 while throwing almost 50 times a game - it is easy to set records when the Eagles had barely ever let a rookie QB play. And Tampa's secondary was even worse than the Eagles. Let Andy have Foles or even better, once the Cardinals cut Kolb he can have him. Neither one of those guys is ever going to be the first string QB on a Super Bowl team. Lets get rid of Foles and find the guy who can run Chip's offense - not Foles, not Vick but our future QB wherever he may be. Its too early to kill Chip for all of his unusual moves. Lets see what the draft and free agency bring.