post offense combine mock offseason
Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:17 PM
RESIGNED- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB 4 years 30 million(team opt out after 2 years), Jon Dorenbos LS 3 years 2.75 million, Colt Anderson 3 years 3 million
TRADES- Nick Foles traded to KC for 3rd round pick in 2013 draft
Eagles trade 2013 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick and 6th round pick to Cincinatti for 21st overall pick in 2013.
Trent Cole traded to NE for 4th round pick in 2013
FREE AGENCY- Chris Clemons S 4 years 20 million, Keenan Lewis CB 4 years 22 million, Terrance Knighton DT 2 years 6 million, Kedric Golston DT/DE 2 years 4 million, Kaluka Maiava LB 1 year 1 million, Chris Spencer OL 2 years 3 million
1) Geno Smith QB WVU-After watching this guy over and over again I'm convinced that this guy if available will be the pick as our next franchise QB. He fits the system a lot better than Nick Foles does so a franchise QB is needed. The old saying is "if there is a franchise QB available you take one if you need one"
1) Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma-With this pick the offense is put in place for years to come now. You have a franchise QB and a franchise OT. Johnson will start out on the right side then slide to the left once Peters is gone.
3) DJ Swearinger S South Carolina- Swearinger comes in and competes with Colt Anderson and Nate Allen for the starting job at SS and will likely win. This guy can flat out BALL.
4) Chase Thomas LB Stanford-Thomas is a perfect fit in the new 4-3 under scheme as a SAM LB. He will come in and compete with Kaluka Maiava for the starting job at SAM.
4) Jordan Reed TE Florida-Reed comes in and competes for a job with the 2 other TE's Harbor and Sudfeld for the new starting H-Back position. He is VERY similar to a former Florida TE that currently plays for the Patriots.
5) Kwame Geathers DT Georgia- Geathers comes in as depth behind Terrance Knighton as the NT but could be his replacement after Knighton's contract expries.
6*)Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State-Boyd was a former teammate of Fletcher Cox on the defensive line as his former partner at DT. Boyd will come in for depth behind Cox and Thornton at UT.
7) Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada- Sudfeld comes in and competes with Jordan Reed for the H-Back job since it sounds like the FB is being eliminated from the offense now here. He will at the least be a guy used for depth.
7*) Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- strictly a pick for depth at this point in the draft along the offensive line that you hope will turn into something.
*projected compensatory pick
QB- Vick, Smith, Dixon
RB- McCoy, Brown, Lewis
HB- Reed, Sudfeld
WR- Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor
LT- Peters, Hawkinson
LG- Mathis, Reynolds
C- Kelce, Spencer
RG- Herremans, Watkins
RT- Johnson, Kelly
LE- Golston, Thornton
NT- Knighton, Geathers
UT- Cox, Thornton, Boyd
RE- Graham, Curry
SLB- C.Thomas, Maiava
MLB- Ryans, Matthews
WLB- Kendricks, Chaney
CB- Rodgers-Cromartie, Lewis, Boykin, Marsh, Hughes
FS- Clemons, Allen
SS- Swearinger, Anderson
Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:43 PM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:56 PM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:35 PM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:03 PM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:28 PM
Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM
Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:42 AM
Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 AM
Mayock said that
Mayock said cyprien could be 1st round? Wow. Am I the only one who doesn't see it about this guy? I mean he looks good but 1st round?
Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:21 AM
Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:57 PM