Photo

[News] Makeover Continues: Patterson Released

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,970 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

On Monday, the Philadelphia Eagles parted ways with the longest-tenured player on the roster in defensive tackle Mike Patterson. A former first-round pick of the Eagles in 2005 out of USC, Patterso...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,397 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Fatt Patt gone too.

#3 DeuceOhSixx

DeuceOhSixx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

I will miss Mike Patt.. but this is a step in the right direction... We need VIOLENT defensive players. I wonder if we would've tried to TRADE any of these guys for draft picks, before releasing them.

#4 duster bugless

duster bugless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Mike Patterson will be missed. In their prime, Patterson and Broderick Bunkely were one of the toughest DT tandems in the NFL. I wish him nothing but the best.

#5 Tumtum

Tumtum

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I hope this was purely because he did not fit 4-3 under or 3-4 or whatever scheme Davis is planning on running, and not because of his film from last year. This guy has simply done nothing but exactly what the coaches have asked since he came to this team.

He is the last guy on the roster that could of been included in that mysterious group of malcontents from last year. Seriously doubt Cullen was in the group either. I guess the character guys are getting added later?

Will miss ya Mike. Go to the Broncos and win a SB.

#6 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

duece...

I think they wouldn't have gotten any trade offers because of how deep the draft is at DT

#7 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

The are releasing money first, followed by age, followed by scheme, followed possibly by draft and free agency...offensive cut or trade coming soon.

#8 spartanj

spartanj

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Neither of these released players can be labeled "malcontents". Despite Jenkins row with reid last year, it was out of character and he's totally a team guy. Good luck to both. We're movin' on...

#9 SnowNerdy

SnowNerdy

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I like how they did this right after the Podcast

#10 IgglezPhan95

IgglezPhan95

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Another effect of the cap.

#11 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Patterson was a good run stopping tackle here for years. He fit well next to Bunkley in Johnson's scheme. He had to read and react which requires good instinct and he had that as well.

#12 China1

China1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

These moves needed to be made.... Best of luck Mike! Thanks for your years as an Eagle!

#13 eaglesforlife1

eaglesforlife1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

these sre not bad moves by anymeans but are they really nessasary? i mean looking at the end and beginning of each season it wasnt lack of effor that was problem.. u cant introduce a new schem and a diffrent one inthe wide 9 and not exect people to catch on. i mean the nfl caught on to the wide nine and it stopped being effetive.. that effected secondard and pass rush it was predicable. i aggree wit hthe realse but y not trade them? babin first off would have gotten a 4th round pick jenkins and patterson could have been 5 round picks and we could have stocked up. overall i think that the ripping aprt is stupid castio is to blame for the problems not players.