Huh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Link to story

Jerry Jones: Give me credit as the team-builder when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl

By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 9 hours ago

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has most certainly been the architect of the Dallas Cowboys over the last few years. He's wanted to be just that since he bought the franchise in 1989, but that pesky Jimmy Johnson kept getting in the way with all those newfangled and brilliant personnel decisions that made the Cowboys quite possibly the best team of the 1990s. Once Jimmy left following the 1993 season, having made most (if not all) of the player moves that put two Lombardi Trophies at Valley Ranch, and allowed Barry Switzer to put his name on a third for no good reason at the end of the 1995 campaign, Jones has been the man in charge.
And since that last Super Bowl win, the Cowboys have not only missed out on any more opportunities to make the NFL's biggest game, they've won just two playoff games since -- one in 1996, and one in 2009. Outside of that, there have been as many subpar seasons with guys like Dave Campo and Wade Phillips as there have been reasons for hope with Bill Parcells, who was the only man since Johnson to have the pedigree to weigh in on personnel matters.
In 2013, coming off two straight 8-8 seasons and with major questions about the abilities of current head coach Jason Garrett to handle things at the highest level, Jerrah is convinced that his team is on the right track. Moreover, he wants the lion's share of the credit when his team makes it back to the big dance.
“I pretty much go with what I did the night I bought the team,” Jones said last week from the scouting combine in Indianapolis, looking very comfy in his $2 million team bus. “I said I was going to be the GM. … It would be a facade if someone else was sitting in my shoes and someone thought they were spending the money. It would be deception. … I would grant you the decisions that have been made over the years have not produced a Super Bowl, two Super Bowls or three Super Bowls that I would like to have been a part of. And the only thing I am going to do there is keep trying and then make sure I get the credit when we do get that one. Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?”
Well, sure. There's no question that if the Cowboys were to win a Super Bowl under Jones' current leadership, he'd be the main man responsible. Of course, the fact that he's the main man is one of the primary reasons the Cowboys will not do exactly that, but that's another matter.
Here, for example, is Jerrah on his perpetually flawed offensive line -- the same line that has seen quarterback Tony Romo get sacked 36 times in each of the last two seasons -- tied for Romo's career high.

“If you’re going to have a guy operate behind an offensive line that can handle a porous offensive line, it’s Tony. Tony has some of the best percentages operating behind pressure situations of anyone in the NFL. If there were a place theoretically that you had to have a weakness with Tony Romo at quarterback, that might be a place to have it. You just can’t have it all.”

I'm sorry, but no actual football guy says that. No actual football guy thinks that he can tank his quarterback's protection because his quarterback is mobile.
Jones also talked about the fact that Garrett, who is supposed to be an offensive mastermind, may not be in charge of the playcalling anymore, leaving things more open to assistant Bill Callahan.
“I think we have changed,” he said. “I’m positive and I feel good we have changed. I feel good where this thing sits right now. I’m not in a good mood. I’m not in a bad mood, but I’m sure not up here celebrating. This thing has been a big disappointment the last couple of years. I’m not satisfied. We’ve got to start knocking on the door. So there is a lot of resolve and not a lot of patience, and Jason knows that.”
The Dallas Cowboys need a real football guy in charge if they're ever to go back to the Super Bowl. That's the way it works. Does Jerry Jones know that? It would appear that despite years to learn the lesson, he most certainly does not.
Either way, he'll get the credit -- or, the blame. That appears to be the most important thing.

#2 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

Incognito

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Please, Jerry, don't ever relinquish control. You're doing a great job.
  • Hoagie, Kalmyr, CountBlah and 7 others like this

#3 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,530 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

What a tool.
  • Hoagie and stang8118 like this

#4 bumpy93

bumpy93

This one is for Ray!!

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Th eDallas Cowboys will not win another Super Bowl before Jerry Jones passes away.

Im not wishing for him to pass in any way, but they are run so poorly, I see him starting to go the route that Al Davis did the last 5-10 seasons before he passed

#5 pencil face

pencil face

Eagles ZERO SB hahaha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Teams needs a real GM and even the fans are pleading for this...Parcells came in there, drafted well, team look like they were heading in the right direction he cut ties with Parcells so he could get all the credit...

#6 Stephen1

Stephen1

Mack from way back

• Members
  • 16,346 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Th eDallas Cowboys will not win another Super Bowl before Jerry Jones passes away.

Im not wishing for him to pass in any way, but they are run so poorly, I see him starting to go the route that Al Davis did the last 5-10 seasons before he passed

I am......I feel bad for players like Witten, Romo, Ware and a few others that basically had their careers wasted by this moron

#7 Stephen1

Stephen1

Mack from way back

• Members
  • 16,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Teams needs a real GM and even the fans are pleading for this...Parcells came in there, drafted well, team look like they were heading in the right direction he cut ties with Parcells so he could get all the credit...

i hate Jerry...with a passion, but he didn't cut ties with Parcells, Parcells was just burnt out and resigned, he was just done with coaching. Jerry thought Parcells was coming back until the day he retired. It says all you need to know about their relationship that Jerry let Parcells keep an office and work at Valley Ranch for a few months after he quit and that Parcells sat in on interviews for his replacement. That is about the only thing I don't fault Jerry for.

#8 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I am......I feel bad for players like Witten, Romo, Ware and a few others that basically had their careers wasted by this moron

"Pass" as in the GM torch or take a dirt nap, because if it's the latter that's pretty F'd up. :o

#9 Stephen1

Stephen1

Mack from way back

• Members
  • 16,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

"Pass" as in the GM torch or take a dirt nap, because if it's the latter that's pretty F'd up. :o

nah, I don't want him to die, just resign

#10 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,781 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

nah, I don't want him to die, just resign

I know, it was just the way you phrased it. :lol:

#11 Jefetio

Jefetio

hello friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

The only thing Jerry's getting is some ole fashioned glory hole

#12 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,228 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Jerry did make the risky hire of Jimmy Johnson and allowed all those trades to happen which could've further destroyed the franchise. He is a lot like Al Davis who went from great owner to joke.

#13 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,600 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Dooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

#14 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Played the Right Way!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I hope he lives to run the cowboys for another 50 years...........go get 'em Jerry.

#15 bumpy93

bumpy93

This one is for Ray!!

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Damn, thats harsh coming from a cowboy fan.... WOW

#16 PhillyBirds5_36_86

PhillyBirds5_36_86

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

His son will soon go for power of attorney due to Jerruh's senility and dementia kicking in lol

#17 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

That post is attached to your rod mothalicka!

• Members
  • 16,219 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Please, Jerry, don't ever relinquish control. You're doing a great job.

And I cheer to his health too! may he live til he is 112.

#18 LA_Eagle_Fan

LA_Eagle_Fan

Huh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

^ BUMP ^

This is a reminder to anyone who may even remotely think Jerrah is going to change after going 8-8 for a third straight season. In case you missed it in the article, here's his quote from last February:

“I pretty much go with what I did the night I bought the team,” Jones said last week from the scouting combine in Indianapolis, looking very comfy in his $2 million team bus. “I said I was going to be the GM. … It would be a facade if someone else was sitting in my shoes and someone thought they were spending the money. It would be deception. … I would grant you the decisions that have been made over the years have not produced a Super Bowl, two Super Bowls or three Super Bowls that I would like to have been a part of. And the only thing I am going to do there is keep trying and then make sure I get the credit when we do get that one. Y’all are going to give it to me, aren’t you?”

So there ya go. Jerrah's gonna keep doing this his way, damnit, because god-forbid someone pulls a Jimmy Johnson and "steals" all the credit from him.

#19 vic92353

vic92353

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

I see no problem at all. Coach Jerry Jones is doing a fine job. I am waiting for him to suit up and play Qb now. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry Jerry. Love ya Jerry (yuk). Leave everything as is. :thumbsup:

#20 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,065 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

This guy is insane, he really is. He was talking about Garrett making stupid mistakes and learning from them therefore he needs to be kept. Well, who holds the GM accountable for his mistakes? Has HE been learning how to properly run a football team the last 20 odd years?

I can't believe a brilliant businessman can be such an unbelievably delusional GM. You'd think his intelligence in business would spillover just a little in football. No, he actually has the brain capacity of an 8 year old when it comes to football. The guy has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

By the way, he's very lucky that Parcells left him with a nucleolus of players that have maintained 'average' status for him the past few years. Because once all the Parcells guys are gone, Jerry will be trying to build by himself and again and it's back to 5-11 annually. Good luck with that.

#21 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,530 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Wow, I read that thinking it was from today.

#22 Don Corleone

Don Corleone

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

best owner & GM in the league, keep up the great work Mumm Ra
  • BronxEagle likes this

#23 Injured_Reserve

Injured_Reserve

Safety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

If Jerry sold the cowboys and put a resume out to be a GM somewhere, does anyone think he'd get an interview or even a job? Would Jerry even hire himself?

#24 LA_Eagle_Fan

LA_Eagle_Fan

Huh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

If Jerry sold the cowboys and put a resume out to be a GM somewhere, does anyone think he'd get an interview or even a job? Would Jerry even hire himself?

He's already said before that if Jerry the owner and Jerry the GM were two different people, the former would've fired the latter long ago. I'll give him that much: he knows he's made mistakes and fully acknowledges them. That said, his obsession with taking all the credit seems to mentally supersede everything else to the point where he'd rather lose and take all the blame than win and have someone else receive credit.

#25 Injured_Reserve

Injured_Reserve

Safety

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

He's already said before that if Jerry the owner and Jerry the GM were two different people, the former would've fired the latter long ago. I'll give him that much: he knows he's made mistakes and fully acknowledges them. That said, his obsession with taking all the credit seems to mentally supersede everything else to the point where he'd rather lose and take all the blame than win and have someone else receive credit.

Interesting. I think Dr. Phil is not too far down the road in Texas. He should look into that.

#26 Stabby

Stabby

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Don't you go changing JJ! :roll:

#27 Gregg

Gregg

Size # 15s

• Members
  • 16,356 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Not to mention Dallas front office is manned by Jones' son, daughter in law, and some other family members. True.

#28 BronxEagle

BronxEagle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

best owner & GM in the league, keep up the great work Mumm Ra

Posted Image

:lol:

• Don Corleone likes this

#29 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,675 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Jerrah: I want credit, damnit!

Don't they take cash at his local glory hole?
  • LA_Eagle_Fan and Hoagie like this

#30 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

On the Road to the Breeders' Cup!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Don't they take cash at his local glory hole?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users