Photo

[News] Pauline: Defensive Backs Stand Out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,490 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

The book is closed on the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine as the defensive backs completed the final workout of the week on Tuesday. Many of the big-name stars lived up to their billing while several sle...

View the full article

#2 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

If the Eagles are thinking of drafting Milliner at #4 that's fine they want to draft a stud corner, if corner is the idea at #4 then trade back in the first round and draft Trufant. Get a great player and get additional picks.

#3 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

My prediction is the Eagles will draft one of these players :thumbsup:

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,299 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

We need help...

#5 AmericanEagle77

AmericanEagle77

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,473 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

All we need is Xavier Rhodes and Shamarko Thomas. And a veteran FA S.

#6 slickpablovick

slickpablovick

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Wishlist for our starting secondary next year-- DRC, Millner, Elam, Wolff

#7 danga

danga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

i dont like the trade back in the draft idea.... at the end of the day. Talent drops off quick in the later rounds and many if not most end up at roster causalities or practice roster. We need to build young but i much rather pick at #4 and then try to trade up back into the round or trade up back into the second were we can get more high caliber young talent. Id rather use FA to try and build roster spots and depth and try to get as many young 5star talent as possible in the draft.

Andy loved draft pics, traded back and acquired many. Most of these tho ended up like guys like Lindely. to many 3rd and 4th round picks who failed to break into the roster.

Draft Milliner at #4. Best talent at the biggest need.

#8 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

no rhodes? well as i said b4 we are going to need 2 second round picks. i guess a trade is coming. cb is not our biggest need. too bad we dont have more picks..cause me need to draft a starting corner, a starting safety, a starting linebacker, and a solid wr and tight end. as well as an o line men or 2. i dont see any long term solutions in free agency...not that players last that long with a team anyway. alot of free agents this year are late 20s to 30. what will the plan be?

#9 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Andy reid is now officially an.idiot! A second round pick for alex smith??! If im correct thats the 33 pick which is basically a first rounder! For mr. game manager mr lost his starting job 4 times?? H e l l no. alot of people may argue he would have been in the super bowl if it wasnt for kyle's fumbles but u forget they had 3 or 4 chances to score after that n smith was throwing balls all over wrs heads

#10 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

He won cuz of defense n running game and a couple good performances. Kolb killed for a few games n sanchez n tebow won n the playoffs so i dont want to hear that arguement. They would have got a 3 at best from me

#11 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

On the dbs I would love to have matt elam hopefully he is there at our 2 round pick and I like trufant in the second IF we take a cb in the 2nd.

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

eagles in the rumored interest for rick jean whatever from san fran. curious if this is true and they take him, what they are thinking for the defense? i dont think the eagles really want him, probaly just playin devils advocate in the situation.

the eagles should really look to get another second round pick. we need atleast 2 players in the second. elam and a line backer, or if not dee in the first then rhodes and elam in the second

#13 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

We have offically lost the only dance partner we will have in a Nick Foles trade, a second round pick plus would have been amazing in a deal for Foles. We will regret saying Foles is not available. It was just not a smart move. Foles better win this job outright in camp, regardless of what Vick is being paid, if he doesn't we just let a 2nd round draft choice get away for a backup QB. Oh Eagles another blunder for the front office folks. Essentially we could have gotten a very similar deal if we agreed to trade Foles to the Chiefs. What a bunch of idiots in the front office. I am generally a positive guy with this franchise but come on, pick #34 and a conditional in 2014 for Nick Foles would have been a heist for the Eagles. Ridiculous.

#14 danga

danga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

So where does Geno go now???? The #4 pick might now have good trade value if someone is looking for a QB.

If the Eagles can trade back and get Rhodes or maybe Trufant, then a saftey like Elam...Im ok with that. I still think That picking #4, then moving up back into the 1st or move up back into the second is the Eagles best move.

#15 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

There are several teams that could use a QB. (Jets, Cards, Bills, Browns, and Jags) Foles if were to enter this years draft he might be the 1st QB taken. So there is still value for him. FO will work out a trade around draft time or during. This years draft class is extremely suspect. Teams saw what Foles could do last season with a sub-par oline. My guess we settle on a 2nd rounder from one of those 5 teams. We can use that to get a S, G or LB. Have faith eagles nation.

#16 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

its not a blunder not trading foles...ever think that teams or atleast kc didnt want to gamble 2 seconds on foles? atleast alex smith they know for sure what they are getting. we will make a move or so, who knows what tho,, 2 -3 weeks will tell it all

#17 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

You are right dub sel.. Alex Smith is more of a sure thing and the Chiefs got the better QB for them theres no doubt, they gave up alot to get him but I understand why they did. Man the Niners are run well and are the class of the NFC right now, they will get younger and more talented in this draft alone, anyway. I am just saying if we could have gotten a deal that was close to this one from an interested Chiefs team and we shook our heads no and said Foles wasn't available that would be disappointing. Lets start getting real about Nick Foles and being honest about what Chip Kelly does, Nick Foles is not a Chip Kelly QB I don't care what any of you say on this board, Foles value has never been higher and will most likely ever be higher, he will rot away under this head coach, trade him and get some value in a unbelieveably deep draft. If we trade Foles and don't like any of the QB in this draft that's fine, don't reach and draft one, get good players and alot of them and draft a QB next year when the class is better. Let Vick (he will get hurt at some point we know that) and Dixon and whoever the 3rd QB is hold down the fort until we get Chip Kelly's QB. Don't try to fit a round peg into a square hole, that's what were doing with Foles.

#18 slickpablovick

slickpablovick

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Remember that the Cards were in discussions with the 49ers about possibly acquiring Alex Smith. They did not want to pay the 2nd round price-- if we settle for a 3rd rounder on Foles Arizona may take the bait. However, they are probably skeptical about trading for another Eagles backup QB after getting ripped off on the Kevin Kolb deal. The NY Jets could use competition in their QB position-- that is why I am starting a petition for a package that includes Foles and a 3rd Round pick in return for Revis. Revis wants to get paid over $12 million a year and we are already giving that to a Revis imposter in Bambi. Join me in this movement!

#19 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

slick....

Vick and a 7th round pick in return for Revis sounds better.

#20 slickpablovick

slickpablovick

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'd sooner be a Redskins fan than root for Nick Foles.

#21 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

with nnamdi's restructure/cut we should have around 27m in cap space my dream offseason for the eagles would be to sign laron landry for around 6-7m, sign a DT for no more than 4 m(allan branch,desmond bryant or jean-francois), sign ed dickson for 3 m,sign1drc or 2sam shields for 6m per year, 3 to fill out the roster n 5 for the rookies. then in the draft use geno as bait for the bills or cards and trade back and get another 2 then hopefully eric fisher is still there for us if not pick lane johnson, round 2 select justin hunter(6'4 39 vert. 1000 yards and 9 tds) and john cyprien in the second(elam and trufant will be gone sorry), 3 Sio moore 4 Jamie collins(southern miss) 5 tyran mathieu 6 jon bostic COMMENTS??

@slick ill take that deal in a second for revis problem is the jets wont lol

#22 saifire

saifire

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

We really need to try our best to get Darelle Revis if the Jets are open for a trade.

#23 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sign Dashon Golston
Trade Michael Vick and Nhamdi after restructure with a swap of 1st rounders to jets for Darrell Revis
Draft Kenny Vaccaro wit the #9 pick from jets
sign Sam Shields
I picked Kenny Vaccaro because I think Elam moved into the first round
With 2nd Rnd pick get Alec Ogeltree if he drops
This is my 3rd senerio

#24 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Don't think the Jets want Foles

#25 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Wouldnt give anything for Revis....look at the history of Cb coming back from ACL injuries (Al Harris, Dominique Foxworth, Terrell Thomas). None were able to come back and be effective. This injury is much more detrimental for backs because they have to back pedal and turn which is extra tough on the knees....Dashon Golston would be a good pick up, and I think a Sean Smith or maybe a Carey Williams signing and re-signing DRC would put us in good position! then all we would need is a Safety in the draft and not necessarily in the first round! Still think there first round pick should be one of the big DT at 325 lbs to clog up the middle!

#26 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Also....would like to maybe see a WR signing of Danario Alexander from S.D. Wouldnt be that much and he is 6'5" and proved he could play last year!

#27 moblack029

moblack029

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Milliner in the First Round, Second Round - Guard from Alabama or Kentucky, Third Round Xavier Rhodes Safety or Tryan LSU. Trade both DJAX and Nnamdi (Zombie) for picks! This draft is very deep with lots of great picks. I'm hoping with can picks up Woodson in FA. Please do not draft Dion Jordan he has BUST written all over him!

#28 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

kenny vocccaro will be a bust i knew he was slow from the film !! and he misses tackles too draft him if u want to continue the nate allen kurt coleman mold of safety. 3 of the 4 superbowl safties were hitters i say we get physical with landry elam cyprien. for the nickel we could have elam in the slot and cyprien and landry back deep

some of yalls mocks arent even realistic

#29 BirdGang45

BirdGang45

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,367 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Good i hope all this Trufant love makes Rhodes available for our pick at 35.

#30 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I say they take a serious look at Honey Boo Boo