Post Combine Off-season
Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:18 AM
1. J. Dorenbos (LS) 2 years $800k Consistent and reliable.
2. J. Scott (OG) 2 years $1.1m Proved he could come in a pinch and be reliable. Depth.
3. C. Anderson (S) 1 year 600k Very good special teams player and ok backup
4. D. Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) 1 year 5.5m DRC dips into the market and finds out there is little demand for a player who has the talent but didn't show up in a contract year. He decides to play it safe having played here already and his familiarity with Davis. I know Eagles fan will hate this but we can't replace everyone in one off-season and he's young and I believe can be salvaged.
1. S. Smith (CB) 5 years 38m Tall 6'3 cover corner who's fluid with good range and speed. Replaces Aso and being 26 he's an ascending player but not elite.
2. S. Vollmer (RT) 5 years 43m Could be a cap casualty from N.E. 28 years old and is one of the better RT in the league. This moves Todd back to guard where he is much better suited for. Two upgrades with one move and it solidifies the o-line.
3. K. Phillips (SS) 3 years 20m Kenny has been bitten badly by the injury bug during his career, but he's still young 26. When healthy he reminds me of a young Ed Reed.
4. R. Jean-Francois (NT) 5 years 22m S.F. would love to keep him but they have starters to make happy. Another young ascending player that won't demand a high salary.
5. A. Branch (NT/DE) 4 years 18m Big body that would solidify the d-line 6'6 330 lbs will be tough to move. Has the wingspan to impact passing lanes.
6. S. Lechler (P) 4 years 8m The best punter in the league IMO becomes available and the Eagles pounce. Should help the Eagles pin their opponents back deep consistently.
1. N. Foles to K.C. for their 3(#1) and a conditional pick in 2014 which will net as high as a 2nd to as low as a 4th depending on performance. We'll say for fun it's their 2nd. S.F. is asking for a 2nd overall this year and Andy balks the Eagles win.
1. Dion Jordan (SLB) This kid has all the potential to be the next stud for years to come 6'6 248 runs 4.53 40! Start him in the nickel behind Cole this year and next year after he's bulked up and learned the position trade Cole and start Dion. Extremely versatile can even play the slot or catch the ball in the RZ on trick plays or 2 point conversions. Very fluid hips and can turn and match with the TE or WR on their routes.
2. David Amerson (CB) Another tall fast and talented corner who shined at the combine. Interception machine that the secondary desperately needs. Let him compete with DRC and which will hopefully light a fire in him.
3a. Phillip Thomas (FS) Good center field type cover safety. Will come in and compete with Allen.
3b. E.J. Manuel (QB) Has all the tools and was recruited by Kelly at one point. If he can be coached up and can improve his consistency he may turn into something.
4. Travis Kelce (TE) Younger brother of Jason and could provide good value at this point. Can challenge to back up Celek
5. Chris Harper (WR) Tough physical receiver that kinda reminds me of T.O. but without the headaches.
6. Kwame Geathers (NT) Big body tackle that will eat up blockers and close down the running lanes.
7a. V. Painter (OT) Depth
7b. J Johnson (ILB) Depth.
Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:58 AM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM
DRC won't sign anywhere for one year. Especially here. If we wanted him bad enough he'd make us franchise tag him.
Sean Smith, he's awful. Most targeted player in the league, gave up most TDs and 1st downs, he also allowed 55% completion rate when he was thrown at. Over-rated.
Bad knees Kenny Phillips is over payed.
So id like it more if you used the money for Sean Smith and Kenny Phillips on maybe 4 more guys, probably another edge rusher, and inside LB, CB, and a S. that way we have less question marks going into the draft.
With you're entire situation I think it'd be better to grab Manny Lawson, Pat Chung, Rey Mauluga or DeAndre Levy, and Cary Williams or Aqib Talib.
Just a pass rusher, ILB, S, and a CB. Would In my opinion be better than an injury prone Not cheap S and an overrated CB
Aldon Smith was a non-factor without Justin Smith. So lets not only listen to what Mayock says, because some people (Von Miller) don't need to take a year of being a role player. We just need the right front 7 and he could be an every down player.
Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:12 PM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:48 PM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:47 PM
Sean Smith is OK but I would rather draft a CB. Smith isn't worth that $$$ and will probably get more than that in FA.
Volmer is 28 and rarely healthy. I don't see him being that much of an upgrade over Herremans. Again, draft a young RT to groom. This team is rebuilding.
I like Kenny Philips but how much does he have left after all his past injuries.
Jean Francois would be a nice pickup but other teams will pay more for him.
I'd much rather draft a NT as opposed to signing Branch. Not a knock on Branch just we need youth and depth instead of big money guys.
Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:05 PM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users