Photo

[News] Fan-Demonium: Scouting The Combine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,761 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

The NFL Scouting Combine is the one time when all 32 teams and all of the top prospects get together so the teams can get an up-close look at the players. The combine isn't the "make or break" sce...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

No Honey Badger.

#3 MJB2013

MJB2013

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Sign Dashon Golston
Trade Michael Vick and Nhamdi after restructure with a swap of 1st rounders to jets for Darrell Revis
Draft Kenny Vaccaro wit the #9 pick from jets
sign Sam Shields
I picked Kenny Vaccaro because I think Elam moved into the first round
With 2nd Rnd pick get Alec Ogeltree if he drops
This is my 3rd senerio

#4 Jonboy1984

Jonboy1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

spot on with amerson had him as my eagles 3rd round mock pick but after see him at combine nice and fluid in drills be picked up middle of the 2nd round still think it some1 the eagle should consider with there 2nd pick. hard worker as well

#5 big5bdawk

big5bdawk

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Tommy, I really enjoy the time and effort you put into your articles. I am in perpetual anticipation of them, and they are always worth the wait. Very in-depth, and always mindful of the Fan's perspective. Kudos !! Even when I don't agree completely, your work continues to offer insight into opposing opinions !!

#6 AirAfrica

AirAfrica

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

i honestly don't like the idea of getting dion jordan at all, we don't need that position that early at all. thats a luxury pick that in my opinion doesn't help us where we need help. this should be the scenerio...

1.) trade back with the jets (who will need a CB it looks like and Dee Milinier isn't getting past Detroit at pick #5) and get a second and fourth round pick. Pick OT Eric Fisher/ OT Lane Johnson with jets pick
2.) pick FS Jonathan Cyprian with our second round pick, pick CB Xavier Rhodes/ CB Johnathan Banks with the Jets second round pick
3.) pick DE Margus Hunt with the third round pick (this guy will be a monster DE behind Cox/Thornton
4.) pick OT Kyle Long with our fourth round pick, pick DT/NT Brandon Williams with jets fourth round pick
5.) pick SS Robert Lester with our pick
6.) pick ILB Michael Mauti with our pick
7.) pick QB Zac Dysert with our first pick, WR Corey Fuller with our second pick

#7 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Nice overview, Mr. Lawlor. I especially liked your highlight on Ryan Spadola of Lehigh at WR...ya never know!

#8 BirdGang45

BirdGang45

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

No Xavier Rhodes love Tommy? Could possible be in play at 35. Big corner at 6'2 210 but he did play at 217. He ran a 4.41 40. Can play some safety too. McCourty special.

#9 duster bugless

duster bugless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Zach Ertz is an interesting prospect for the Eagles at TE. Dion Jordan looks undersized for a DE. If the Eagles want a DE, they might be better off with Jonathan Hankins. I also like Elam, Eric Reid, Mathieu as DBs. I think the Eagles could trade down and get Desmond Trufant or Jesse Williams. They should definitely wait til next year to think about drafting another QB. This year's QB class is thin.

#10 big5bdawk

big5bdawk

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

There's a DL from Michigan State, whose game tape just impressed me a lot. William Gholston has the size, speed, and ability to take over games. I think his frame will allow him to add some bulk. His mental focus, however concerns me. I don't like to say things like this, but I believe if he is a later- round selection, he can be a solid player. I think first or second round money would be a liitle too much for him to deal with. Great prospect though, for whatever my opinion's worth.

#11 fbcoach2444

fbcoach2444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Good overview...we (the Eagles) have so many needs (OL, DL, corner, safety, LB)...MUST pick smart and well. We need 3 -4 impact players from the draft and 2-3 in free agency. On one hand I want to stay away from the players with questions (Jordan, Milliner, Star, Te'o etc.) but then I think of Drew Brees and how that worked out for both San Diego and New Orleans and I am not sure. Far more questions than answers at this point...it will be an interesting few month through free agency and the draft. One thing I do know for sure, the OL and DL group was VERY athletic at the combine - they looked like power forwards at 275-300 pounds and moved exceptionally well.

#12 eaglesforlife1

eaglesforlife1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

i say draft jordon and teo. we can easly give teo a few years to mold and work with and jordon would be an ideal fit and we kno he is a kelly player anyhow

#13 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

we don't need Te'o

#14 Jonboy1984

Jonboy1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

jordon would be nice pick up defo upgrade ,but the two player that I will bang my hands on the table for tavon Austin david amerson best to playmaker in the draft. trade back to about 20 in the draft and pick Austin and take amerson with are 2nd and with pick we get for trade back just get solid hardworking players eg elm barret jones kyle long would be good pick up

#15 LuciusLeftFoot

LuciusLeftFoot

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Air Africa... Most of the guys you have the birds picking will likely be drafted before you have them going to us.

Rhodes (1st round grade) being available in the middle of 2
Hunt in the 3rd (a 1/2 draft grade)
Long in the 4th (2nd round grade) Williams in the 4th (2/3 grade)

Of course that draft seems good.... we'd be getting 5 top 50 players somehow

#16 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I say we sign one of the veteran lineman (Levitre or Albert)....then we can focus on the D-line and secondary early in the draft! One guy that will not be talked about and may be a low risk high reward guy is Kenny Tate out of Maryland! 6'4" 236 lbs guy who was a big WR recruit out of high school, has played both strong safety and free safety on college and was moved to a hybrid OLB with the new regime at MD. He would of been one of the highest prospects this year, but he has battled some injuries in the past couple of years. If we could get him in a late pick or supplimental draft, it could pay off big!

#17 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

with alex smith gone i think arizona and buffalo will fall in love and get desperate for geno smith so an ideal situation for us would be for us to get those two teams into a bidding war over our pick and get a second round out of the trade and still mange to draft eric fisher in the first (he is not only a great pass blocker but will open lanes for shady and company in the back field) i agree with the cyprien pick but for our second 2 i would like justin hunter or a corner with ball skills and sub 4.5 speed. 3rd round jamie collins would be a nice outside lb and rush for the 3-4 look in the third or sio moore 4th travis kelce or tony jefferson

margus hunt will be LONG gone in the 3rd i wouldnt be suprized if he was taken in the 1st

#18 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

not big on reid he doesnt stand out on film and looked slow but wasnt slow so i think he doesnt have great instinct. i like trufant he remind me of trufant with his competitiveness and trash talking and he has speed

#19 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

qb's i like are geno and e.j manuel, Rb's knile davis, johnathon franklin, dj harper TE's kelce (top two are too early to pick a TE), OT eric fisher, kyle long and lane johnson.C barrett jones DE magus hunt DT star, sharrif and jesse williams LB jon bostic, authur brown, jamie collins,sio moore, sean porter,ogletree and cornelius washington S elam, cyprien,tony jefferson,shamarko thomas, duke williams cb's amerson, poyer,xavier rhodes,darius slay,trufant and jamaer taylor. DONT venture from these name and this draft will be great!!