Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2013 WEEK #6 GDT at TB: Eagles WIN 31-20!

gdt pbp buccaneers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2396 replies to this topic

#2371 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I am fine with that. I am perfectly fine if Vick doesn't see the field the rest of the year. Again i am not jumping for joy until Foles gets really tested.

You are not even close bro...

by who? the 4th ranked defense today?, or do you mean by like denver who can put 40 on you in a minute? greenbay is #6 in d...thats the best we play the rest of the way. so test meaning? him having a bad game or 2? damn that just happens. this defense can make manning,brady or rogers look bad......foles can score points, we seen this already....can he score every game more than our defense gives up? i say no way. does that make him a horrible qb or a good qb on a bad team just like he was in college? if he keeps the turnovers down and scores tds in the redzone and moves the team down the field.. then hey! what more can you ask for?......its also a team game...ST, and the defense need to do their jobs on those days he has a bad game. this year... again, no way.

#2372 skyline9878

skyline9878

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

I don't know if you can or not, but I'm interested to see. Name 20 qb busts in the 1st round of the last ten years. do it... do it.

Russell, Harrington, Leinart, Young, Gabbert, Carr, Ramsey, Boller, Losman, Campbell, Quinn, Tebow.

Debatable: leftwitch, Grossman. Weeden,

1999 couch, smith, mcknown.

But looking at it there were only about 30 qbs drafter 1st round since 2000. So findings as many as I did proves a first round QB is 50/50 bust and some are just serviceable, no where near elite. For example. Pennington, Palmer, Alex smith.

So whether Foles is the guy or not is about same percentage that the QB we might draft next year will be.
  • PA Boys likes this

#2373 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Fair argument here. I should correct myself. I personally do not believe Foles is the answer but deserves the opportunity to prove if he can play. Until then as far as I am concerned our QB position is still a question mark.

Again stupid is saying because Brees and Brady struggles Foles is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You have no logic what so ever.

This is the dumb stuff "eagles real fans" say. I don't like Vick. Never have but because I am not on Foles nuts I must love Vick. Dumbest fans in the NFL

i'm not sold on foles yet either, but so far even in last years loses i like what i have seen. poise, never bothered, comes back after turnovers, takes a good hit etc. i really think its worth kelly giving him a full season then if not theres always barkley, who we both know nothing about. mariota in 15 i would love to see here. but he will go #1

#2374 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I will be at the game cheering for whomever starts. I just hope nobody wants to kick my arse if Vick starts to screw up and I yell bad things at him. I would do the same against Foles.
If we are winning then I will cheer and yell and laugh at cowgirl fans. OK, I will laugh at them no matter the outcome.

ill be there also. its going to be fun. i hate cowpies and their fans.

#2375 skyline9878

skyline9878

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

i'm not sold on foles yet either, but so far even in last years loses i like what i have seen. poise, never bothered, comes back after turnovers, takes a good hit etc. i really think its worth kelly giving him a full season then if not theres always barkley, who we both know nothing about. mariota in 15 i would love to see here. but he will go #1

Mariota won't go number 1. Mid round 1

#2376 cmurl5

cmurl5

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm surprised people are cool with us trading Foles for picks.

If Foles continues to play well in whatever playing time he gets the rest of the season, why should we trade him?

Kelly will conclusively be an idiot if he trades away an NFL style quality QB to waste another draft pick on an unproven mobile college QB that "fits his system".

Yeah, it fit your system at Oregon because it works in college, not in the NFL. If you have a good QB and crap defense, you use your picks on defense, not more QBs.

I totally agree. Why give up on a potential starting caliber QB to draft an unknown in round 1 ? Especially when you have multiple needs on D.

It may be a moot point anyway, Eagles won't be drafting in the top 15. Bridgewater, Boyd, and Manziel will prolly be off the board.
Mariota & Hundley may not come out.

#2377 CountBlah

CountBlah

I'm as dymanic as an Andy Reid Gameplan!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,301 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

You said,"At this point, we ALL know that Vick is not our future and keeping him as our present is only delaying our future."
I don't think he is our present anymore. Foles performance proved that.

I am happy the Eagles won. What is beyond me is why people have a problem if you are not sold on Foles as the future yet? Rest of the season...no doubt. Long term...let's see.

if you posted like this today, no one would have a problem with you. Heck, this is my very position. Your problem is that posts like this are a rarity, the rest are pure bat ish crazy.

#2378 OhsoClose

OhsoClose

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

if you posted like this today, no one would have a problem with you. Heck, this is my very position. Your problem is that posts like this are a rarity, the rest are pure bat ish crazy.

My position is exactly the same. People are too quick to jump on the mob mentality. Not my fault these idiots can't read.....oh I get it...if you are not slobbering over Foles today you are not a real fan....

#2379 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't see how it doesn't make sense. None of what you said makes any sense. Foles and Barkley can want out all they want(big if) but they are under contract, so tough toenails.

"Waste" a first round pick on another QB? What if he is a superstar? Hardly a waste.

Any player is unknown, but some less than others.

Can't win without a franchise QB and Chip Kelly in all likelihood doesn't think we have one. You don't draft for need, you draft for BPA. QB will probably be BPA on their board when they pick.

so you had a chat with chip and he told you all this? i guess after 45 years, i have no idea what i'm talking about, even though about 100 other people here feel almost the same as i do. this isn't madden sunshine, this is real life. you need to get a life and stay out of **** you know nothing about. define franchise qb.........stafford,bradford, rivers, vick,newton, rg3, luck, need more? what have theses guys won? but they are to their teams considered franchise qbs.. romo? cutler,palmer,schaub.. look at all they won.....but of course there are the mannings,brady,flacco,ben,drew....how often does that happen? and flacco was almost considered a bust, eli had the defenses......these are all supposed to be franchise QBs. now tell me 1 good reason foles or barkley can't be? because you said so? did madden say so? best bet for you is stay out of big boy conversations...children should be seen not heard. tootles
  • WtfaRabbit! likes this

#2380 dannyd

dannyd

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Russell, Harrington, Leinart, Young, Gabbert, Carr, Ramsey, Boller, Losman, Campbell, Quinn, Tebow.

Debatable: leftwitch, Grossman. Weeden,

1999 couch, smith, mcknown.

But looking at it there were only about 30 qbs drafter 1st round since 2000. So findings as many as I did proves a first round QB is 50/50 bust and some are just serviceable, no where near elite. For example. Pennington, Palmer, Alex smith.

So whether Foles is the guy or not is about same percentage that the QB we might draft next year will be.

you're missing a few.....off the top of my head ......weeden, sanchez, ponder, freeman, bradford, harrington

#2381 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't know if you can or not, but I'm interested to see. Name 20 qb busts in the 1st round of the last ten years. do it... do it.

2002 ,carr, harrington, ramsey,2003, boller,grossman,palmer,leftwich, 2004 j.p.losman,rivers( 9years & nothing) 2005 j.campbell,2006 v.young, lienart, cutler(not much),2007 russell,,quinn,2009 freeman,sanchez,stafford(nothing),2010 tebow,claussen.2011 gabbert, ponder(who knows) there is 22......lets minus rivers and stafford. how did i do?
  • PA Boys likes this

#2382 ackid38

ackid38

We Are Fine There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

My man, It's my job to aggravate people on purpose today...you aggravating people unintentionally is throwing off my rhythm. now shad ap ....please.

back to r n r for you lol. go aggravate giants fans, not your own.

#2383 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

COACH OF THE YEAR

• Members
  • 19,463 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

so you had a chat with chip and he told you all this? i guess after 45 years, i have no idea what i'm talking about, even though about 100 other people here feel almost the same as i do. this isn't madden sunshine, this is real life. you need to get a life and stay out of **** you know nothing about. define franchise qb.........stafford,bradford, rivers, vick,newton, rg3, luck, need more? what have theses guys won? but they are to their teams considered franchise qbs.. romo? cutler,palmer,schaub.. look at all they won.....but of course there are the mannings,brady,flacco,ben,drew....how often does that happen? and flacco was almost considered a bust, eli had the defenses......these are all supposed to be franchise QBs. now tell me 1 good reason foles or barkley can't be? because you said so? did madden say so? best bet for you is stay out of big boy conversations...children should be seen not heard. tootles

lol you are such a Fing moron.

You are one of the dumbest people I've seen here and that is saying a lot.

You used a lot of words to type illegible gibberish that made absolutely no sense. Well done.

#2384 ShadownetX

ShadownetX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Fan Since:2010

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Agreed on all fronts. 2010 and 2011 were terrible drafts and sadly we wasted a ton of resources in 2010, so we're still paying for that. But really before 2010 we were a fairly good drafting team.

I think I remember reading an article where someone did a research on how the Eagles draft between 2005 up until 2012. And how many of them panned out, how many were bust, and etc.

Then he compared those numbers to the rest of the league.

I think the conclusion was, saved for guys like McCoy, Jackson, Cole and maybe Maclin.

We were Terrible with a capital T when it came through drafting.

Just think about it. You know how every team seem to have like a superstar playmaker? If we didn't draft Lesean McCoy and Desean Jackson.

We would have been a team without a superstar player.

I'm just saying. This bad drafting gotta stop.

#2385 ShadownetX

ShadownetX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

He's never going to live that down. :lol:

Oh trust me, I'm not going to let him forget it haha.

Every time I see his post I will remind him that he isn't welcome here, damn Cowboys fan!

No true Eagles fan should ever utter a threat to change his allegiance to another NFC team and expect people not to remember that.

That is like a death sentence here on EMB.

If you're reading this chess4, you got no one to blame but yourself, you were the one who made that promise.

#2386 ShadownetX

ShadownetX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

i like foles. my issue is he keeps coming in after injury like a good back up should. i want foles to start and finish a season. not some spot starts to fill in for injured vick or bad vick like last year. kelly chose vick. vick should stay as starter period. as much as i would love to see foles finish the year, until he is named starter from day 1 to week 17 people will always continue to knock him for every little thing he does.. yea he had a good game today, what happens if dallas just proves to be to much for our defense and foles has just a mediocre game? or even a good game but not enough to win? watch this board blow up. until mike vick is gone and we move on it should just stay the way it is. even if that means foles gets traded next season. and chip drafts that "Franchise guy thats not here yet". which to me would make no sense considering it will piss off foles and barkley who both will want out of here. then what we have this 1st round pick and who behind him? we need defense. foles/barkley fight it out open competition next year loser gets outta here.

I half agree with you, it's not Foles fault that he's only an spot injury start right now because Vick is out.

But if tomorrow Kelly said that Foles is the starter for the rest of the year until further notice aka until he start screwing up.

AND then if Foles does well for the rest of the year, then I don't think anyone but the most diehard Vick fans will doubt that Foles will be at the very least a good starting QB with the potentials that he has.

#2387 ShadownetX

ShadownetX

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

by who? the 4th ranked defense today?, or do you mean by like denver who can put 40 on you in a minute? greenbay is #6 in d...thats the best we play the rest of the way. so test meaning? him having a bad game or 2? damn that just happens. this defense can make manning,brady or rogers look bad......foles can score points, we seen this already....can he score every game more than our defense gives up? i say no way. does that make him a horrible qb or a good qb on a bad team just like he was in college? if he keeps the turnovers down and scores tds in the redzone and moves the team down the field.. then hey! what more can you ask for?......its also a team game...ST, and the defense need to do their jobs on those days he has a bad game. this year... again, no way.

I think OhSoClose won't be happy until Foles play the Seahawks, Chiefs, Saints, Bears and do well.

Even though the Bucs defense have gotten much better from last year. But not many people noticed because of the terrible offense and controversies.

#2388 OhsoClose

OhsoClose

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I think OhSoClose won't be happy until Foles play the Seahawks, Chiefs, Saints, Bears and do well.

Even though the Bucs defense have gotten much better from last year. But not many people noticed because of the terrible offense and controversies.

You are damn right I won't be happy until he produces against multiple opponents with winning records. I don't care if he beats the 85 Bears defense if they 0-5.

#2389 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

All Hail the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

You have nothing to offer but insults. Go F yourself.

Complains about insults goes on to insult. Lol
  • Bdawk330 likes this

#2390 OhsoClose

OhsoClose

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

Complains about insults goes on to insult. Lol

That wasn't an insult. That was instructions.

#2391 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

All Hail the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

That wasn't an insult. That was instructions.

Nice one but no.

#2392 nottsfootballfan

nottsfootballfan

4-12

• Members
  • 20,189 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

ohsoclose, closet vicklover.
  • Bdawk330 likes this

#2393 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

ohsoclose, closet vicklover.

Surprise...Surprise

#2394 skyline9878

skyline9878

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

you're missing a few.....off the top of my head ......weeden, sanchez, ponder, freeman, bradford, harrington

I

I said said Harrington. And you cant call Sanchez, bradford, freeman or ponder busts yet.

#2395 Bdawk330

Bdawk330

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I

I said said Harrington. And you cant call Sanchez, bradford, freeman or ponder busts yet.

Sanchez yes

#2396 CountBlah

CountBlah

I'm as dymanic as an Andy Reid Gameplan!!

• Members
  • 35,301 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't care if he beats the 85 Bears defense if they 0-5.

bwahahahaha!!!

Beat with a < 50% passing performance like Vick? Or a 133 passer rating with 4 total TDs?

Oh that's right, you discount Foles like we discount you and your opinions.

#2397 erickprime

erickprime

Beef Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

The crow I'm eating today. I had called Foles a "check down Mary", I thought he was too afraid to go down field. Boy was I wrong. The game started out that way, but then they let loose the dogs of war. And he started flinging it! Holy cow, was I surprised. He actually used Cooper and DJax and succeeded! Congrats Foles on the great game. I could argue this has been our best display of offense to date (this year). Anyone got some hot sauce? This crow is a little dry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdt, pbp, buccaneers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users