rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

5,503 posts in this topic

It's a position I've maintained for a while now, and it comes down to what either QB is able to do for you. On the one hand you have Nick Foles' great pocket awareness and ability to make good decisions, but other than that he possesses neither the otherworldly arm talent, FB acumen nor athleticism that the other premier passers in the league are renowned for. Just watch this dude is going to be the OROY, and the margin isn't even going to be close. Tenure doesn't make you a great QB; it's the tangible skill set that enables you to be identified as one of the best QBs in the league.

Dude, Nick is going to be here for a long time and it's going to be fun watching people like you having to come to grips with that reality.

1 person likes this

more unneeded gesturing pre-snap?

Just look at the first play of the SB last year, with one of the greatest football minds in the game today, he got so into gesturing and reconfiguring and directing he forgot that he was supposed to catch the snap.

Just look at the first play of the SB last year, with one of the greatest football minds in the game today, he got so into gesturing and reconfiguring and directing he forgot that he was supposed to catch the snap.

And the ridiculous obsession people had over "Omaha!" and what it meant, even though he'd said it for years and other QBs have over the years. CBS would turn up the sound on the mic capturing Peyton to highlight it. Ridiculous.

1 person likes this

So you think Derek Carr who is about to play his first NFL game is better than Nick Foles?

It's rhetorical, I know you do. You're a moron. Let me guess, Christian Hackenberg is your next obsession?

Nick Foles.

Which is better, winning $100 on a scratch-off or being kicked in the nuts?

My bad. The word I was looking for was football IQ. By that, I mean has he shown the ability to walk up to the LOS and identify blitzes, or change protections especially in the passing downs? He might not be terrible at it, but it's not something we can point to as a defining facet of his game.

You are are so funny. Yes i have seen Foles do all the above IN ANDY'S OFFENSE. If you haven't erd, there are no audibles in Kellys offense, just variations of the play that is called from the sideline. If Foles or any other QB on this team had to call audibles, they wouldn't be able to get the play off quick enough. Foles, and the rest of the QBs walk up, look at the defense and decide right there what he will do with the ball. IIRC, there are 4 different options for each play that the QB can make by reading the defense, which does not affect the other 10 players at all. Where in the hell have you been? Oh wait, nevermind. You are to busy Wanking to your lifesize carr cutout. Just GTFO.

1 person likes this

I'll have no issue saying I'm wrong if Carr proves to be a "bust". People here want to say that Foles is the better QB. Care to give reasons? And please don't give me this junk about prior experience in the NFL being the/a reason why, because it justifies someone saying Luck wasn't a better QB than Schaub before he was drafted.

I'll have no issue saying I'm wrong if Carr proves to be a "bust". People here want to say that Foles is the better QB. Care to give reasons? And please don't give me this junk about prior experience in the NFL being the/a reason why, because it justifies someone saying Luck wasn't a better QB than Schaub before he was drafted.

at this point how is Carr even a thought to being better then Foles since he has yet to play in a REAL Game in NFL ? Foles record setting year alone should be proof enough . Seriously though go join the Raiders forums

At this current point in time, I am going to say that Foles is better than Carr because Carr has yet to play at this level. Am I saying that Foles will always be better than Carr? Not necessarily, Carr could always turn out to be a good Quarterback, but Foles could turn out to be great too. I just have more faith in Foles becoming great instead of Carr because Foles has an NFL resume currently. Things could always change in the future, but right now I stand by the Eagles and Foles being the future.

You aren't wrong for like Carr. You aren't even wrong for liking his potential more than Aaron Rodgers.

You are wrong for saying a team on the rise who has a promising young QB, like the Eagles do, should give up on their progress and good young QB in order to draft an unknown commodity. You are also wrong for saying that a college Carr is better than a pro Aaron Rodgers and a pro Nick Foles. Both of those things shine a huge light on your insane hate and logic.

2 people like this

Schaub was a better NFL QB before Luck was drafted. "NFL QB" being the opperative and important distinction here. Doesn't matter what happened in college once you hit the big leagues. Carr hasn't played in an NFL game yet. Foles has, and has won games, and has some success thus far. Until proven otherwise, Foles is the better NFL QB.

2 people like this

Which is better a root canal or a cold beer? Please give reasons.

2 people like this

Nick had 27 TDs and 2 picks in the pros.

Derek never even smelled that in college.

1 person likes this

Derek car is going to fail because he is in Oakland as well .... He might as well went to the Rwords

Nick had 27 TDs and 2 picks in the pros.

Derek never even smelled that in college.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate

*2009 Fresno State WAC SR QB 5 10 14 71.4 112 8.0 8.0 0 0 138.6

2011 Fresno State WAC SR QB 13 279 446 62.6 3544 7.9 8.2 26 9 144.5

*2012 Fresno State MWC SR QB 13 344 511 67.3 4104 8.0 8.9 37 7 155.9

*2013 Fresno State MWC SR QB 13 454 659 68.9 5083 7.7 8.7 50 8 156.3

Wait, you mean rtarder doesn't have a fn clue what he's talking about?

You don't say...

1 person likes this

Very impressive college stats.

Nick is still better right now.

2 people like this

Carr has great skills and potential...but the Raiders are where those things go to die.

3 people like this

. Lol he was way to obvious .... 2 guys with same love and opinion on a eagles fan board . Has anyone seen Rfarter since his bust ? I'm gonna say bust just like his boy Derek

u fools, I am in no way associated with whomever that person is, the Mods know this,, trust me.. I am a clone of another fan, not whoever R Starter is...

u fools, I am in no way associated with whomever that person is, the Mods know this,, trust me.. I am a clone of another fan, not whoever R Starter is...

that's all you need to say. STFU and GTFO clone.

1 person likes this

Wow inflated stats from a pass happy offense in a weak conference sure are impressive

Wow inflated stats from a pass happy offense in a weak conference sure are impressive

I would be curious to see his per game stats against ranked teams.

Reply 40 rushing attempts the whole season .....

What part of "we don't care about derek carr" are you having a hard time understanding? Still can't figure out what your point to all this is. This is The Eagles Member Board. This section is called Talk About The Eagles. What in the hell does the Raiders Qb have to do with the Eagles? If Carr turns out to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. What does it have to do with the EAGLES? All this crap just because you don't care for Foles? Geez, even the other ones on here that don't like Foles want to know your reason behind this ****. 

The Raiders had the luxury of letting your boy get some on the job training. Oakland isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If the want to build a team around Carr? Good for them.The only question we all have for you is, where does this whole Carr thingy mean anything to the Eagles. We won't play the Raiders until 2017(3 years from now). So it would of been somewhat interesting if we were playing them this year, but we are not. 

Last but not least. You keep saying that Carr is so much better than Foles. Where is YOUR proof to this Claim? Did Carr throw 7 TDS in a Real NFL game? Did carr lead the league in QB rating. Has Carr ever thrown 27 tds and on 2 interceptions on any level? Has he won MVP of the Pro-Bowl in "the next great QBs" offense? Has Carr been successful in 3 different NFL offenses in  2 NFL seasons? Or any of IIRC, the 17 other stats that Foles Tied, broke or was in the top 5 of all time? The answer to each and every one of these questions is NO. Carr aint **** until he proves he is the ****. He will make mistakes along the way, but once again.............No-one on here cares about what carr does but you. Now can you please take your "carr love" over to Around the NFL? Where you can Drool all over your keyboard with every keystroke you want and we don't have to deal with it. I promise not to bring carr up again until 2017. Note: just for giggles i checked on carr in fantasy. 0.01% has him starting for their team. I will bet anything that , that 0.01% is you.  :D