Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captkickass37

Eagles fan in Australia. coming to philadelphia.

6 posts in this topic

Hi all.

this is my first post just to get to know some people. Im coming to the US about december 1st next year with my wife. Planning on attending a game at the link and spend a couple nights in philly. Would love to go to a tailgate party too.

anyone got any info that may assist

cheers

jimmy

Sorry to borrow your topic, but since there´s not a lot if answers, hope it´s okay. I am an eagle fan from Finland just got confirmation that my dream will come true in autumn 2015: To see Eagles play at Lincoln field. I would also like to hear some other places to spend some time and the tailgate party interests me also. If you dont get any answers from philly-fans insiden philly, maybe we can use this topic as planner for us both or hit me with a private message. Cheers!

One of the best spots to tailgate is the Xfinity Live Center right before the game or afterwards.  It is located only a block from the stadium.

If you are staying in the city for a few days, there is so much to do.  Check out visitphilly.com for a list of everything.  I always enjoy the historic district and I like the art museum and zoo as well.  The Reading Terminal Market is one of my favorite spots for lunch.  They have almost 100 different food stands of food from around the world. 

I highly suggest City Hall.  They have tours and timed tickets to the observation deck.  The views are spectacular, but spots fill up fast so you must go to the City Hall gift shop in the morning to reserve a spot.

I would suggest mass transit or cabs over renting a car.  Use septa.com to plan routes or you can usually walk most places in the city.  You will need to use the subway though if your hotel is in Center City because the stadium is a couple of miles away.

I don't know what else you get into, but check out visitphilly.com and tripadvisor.com for suggestions.  Explore these forums for more information on tailgating and other things.

2 people like this

Cheers mate

Just bought my tix for the december 20 game vs the cardinals.

I am so damn excited.

Cannot wait.

Will be flying in on the 19th then headed to nyc on the 21st.

So excited.

1 person likes this

Sounds awesome. I have tickets for Eagles vs Giants game in 19th october monday night game. Then heading back to Nyc for few days. after that we will head to Boston to see patriots vs jets game. My friend is a huge patriot (vomit) fan. You are not going to spend time in philly? If you are, what are your plans to do there?

Changed plans now. Getting to philly on the 18th and leaving on 22nd.

still not sureof what to do yet. Gonna explore the forums and other sites for some ideas.

Typical tourist though am going to see the rocky statue. Its my all time favourite movie.

I wanted to see the eagles giants game on boxing day. But the mrs isnt keen to head down from nyc for it.