Drinkin' At The Lincoln

$40 To Park?!?!?

37 posts in this topic

I've been parking in the same lot since it was in the shadows of JFK. Over the past couple years the 'Reserved" Parking area has creeped closer and closer to our area. Well, this year they've expanded it to completely shut us out of the area.

That, I can deal with.

But 40 Fing dollars to park your car?!?! For real?!?!

Yea I was shocked I had to hit the damn mac to get more cash at pnc park before I could park in the handi cap section at the link. I thought I had enuff cash to park then hit the mac inside the link  but noooo $40 bucks so I had to do a u turn and head across the street, $40 is just insane for parking. But then again I spent $4,00 for bottled dasani water and I just bought a case for $3.89 the day before lol..talk about a mark up ..

1 person likes this

I knew people where going to be shocked by $40.  Even the workers selling the tickets were saying its terrible.  I saw the price online before going, but still held out hope maybe parking might be a little less for preseason.  Does anyone know how much parking in the public/cash lots (lots T, U, etc) cost last season?  I thought like $25 or $30. I guess they have to recoup for the stadium renovation someway.  BTW I read a while back that parking for the cowboys stadium is $75.  That is insane. 

Last year cash price was $35 for all the Linc/CBP/WF lots, $30 for season ticket holders that pre-paid for the year.

This year it's $40 cash, $35 for season ticket holders. 

As much as I hate to pay for parking and agree that $40 sucks, the fact that you and a group of friends can park for $40 and split a $20 30-rack of beer as opposed to free parking and paying $200+ in-stadium for the same beers, you can make out like a bandit (in theory) by paying $40 but eating and drinking your own sheet in the lots pre/post-game

1 person likes this

But 40 Fing dollars to park your car?!?! For real?!?!

They have you by the short hairs if you want to hook up and tailgate with friends.  To put it in perspective, it cost $30 for a ticket to the game during the last season at the Vet.

Eagles games have become too expensive for the typical fan.  You have to pay so much for tickets, then parking, and then have food and drinks marked up, that it can cost over $150/person.  I stopped going to games because I don't have that kind of money to spend any more.  If I'm going to pay that much for a normal NFL game, I'll see the Eagles on the road, where I can make a long weekend vacation out of it, and get the added excitement of taking over another team's stadium.  The tide seems to be shifting towards corporate accounts and corporate seats, much like how season ticket holders for the Flyers were slowly pushed back row by row to make way for corporate ticket holders who are less interested in following the team and more interested in impressing clients.

2 people like this

Eagles games have become too expensive for the typical fan.  You have to pay so much for tickets, then parking, and then have food and drinks marked up, that it can cost over $150/person.  I stopped going to games because I don't have that kind of money to spend any more.  If I'm going to pay that much for a normal NFL game, I'll see the Eagles on the road, where I can make a long weekend vacation out of it, and get the added excitement of taking over another team's stadium.  The tide seems to be shifting towards corporate accounts and corporate seats, much like how season ticket holders for the Flyers were slowly pushed back row by row to make way for corporate ticket holders who are less interested in following the team and more interested in impressing clients.

If I was a client and someone took me to a hockey game, they would lower my impression of them

1 person likes this

They have you by the short hairs if you want to hook up and tailgate with friends.  To put it in perspective, it cost $30 for a ticket to the game during the last season at the Vet.

That's freakin amazing.

Yea I was shocked I had to hit the damn mac to get more cash at pnc park before I could park in the handi cap section at the link. I thought I had enuff cash to park then hit the mac inside the link  but noooo $40 bucks so I had to do a u turn and head across the street, $40 is just insane for parking. But then again I spent $4,00 for bottled dasani water and I just bought a case for $3.89 the day before lol..talk about a mark up ..

They take credit cards in the official parking lots (wells fargo, CPB, etc..)

Yeah went to the 2nd preseason game and was stunned. After waiting in an hour of traffic I almost didn't even have 40 bucks in cash on me.

It's a disgrace. As is most things NFL related these days

1 person likes this

Fairly sure they can swipe credit cards at the CBP lots no?  I think I've done it for Flyers before.

SEPTA's starting to look better and better. 

Fairly sure they can swipe credit cards at the CBP lots no? I think I've done it for Flyers before.

SEPTA's starting to look better and better.

They do take credit cards, saw it at a preseason game this year.

yep. I went to a game last year expecting to pay 30. Only had that much cash on me. Pulled in the lot, sign said 35. They took my debit.

Septa lots. Free parking on Sunday.  Plus this Sunday starting at 1 PM. the Broad Street Subway is FREE compliments of Miller Lite !

:-)

All of the regional rail lines(R lines) are free parking on Sunday. You could also drive to South Philly, park somewhere on Broad Street and take the BSL to the game.

Personally I usually park for free at Norristown, take the train to the game and then hop on the BSL line. Round trip is costs me about $12, as opposed to $40 parking at the Wachovia or NovaCare lot.

Last time I checked (not this year) Holiday Inn was charging the going rate.  It isn't free. 

BTW, where is a good SEPTA lot to drive to, and then take the subway to the Linc or CBP?

On 10/24/2016 at 10:59 AM, dapdrums said:

Last time I checked (not this year) Holiday Inn was charging the going rate.  It isn't free. 

BTW, where is a good SEPTA lot to drive to, and then take the subway to the Linc or CBP?

Your best bet is to just park your car at a Patco station and then get off at the last stop and take the subway over to the Stadium.  Patco round plus subway fare is like, $8 total since they usually let you travel to the stadium GOING there for free on Sundays.  At least for afternoon games

Park in Franklin Delano Park across Broad Street or the Navy Yard.  Both places are free.

Chickies and Petes has 25 dollar valet parking, and a free shuttle over to the game. 

For the vikings game, we were probably the only ones on their bus that actually ate there. 

SEPTA is on strike right now, so BSL or MFL.