Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NemoNeem1221

Eagles Fans in Boston?

10 posts in this topic

Any?  Recently moved there, and I'm surrounded by Patriots fans!!!!

wow, that is surprising. 

a few thoughts:  

1) Boston is in New England.  The Patriots are from New England.  Therefore most football fans in Boston root for the New England Patriots.

2) The Patriots won the Super Bowl last year and have won 4 total since 2000.  You tend to get less front-runners when the local team is actually good.

3)  Most people move AWAY from New England, not the other way around.  congrats on being one of about five people who thought it was a good idea...

1 person likes this

wow, that is surprising. 

a few thoughts:  

1) Boston is in New England.  The Patriots are from New England.  Therefore most football fans in Boston root for the New England Patriots.

2) The Patriots won the Super Bowl last year and have won 4 total since 2000.  You tend to get less front-runners when the local team is actually good.

3)  Most people move AWAY from New England, not the other way around.  congrats on being one of about five people who thought it was a good idea...

I moved there to get my Master's degree.

1 person likes this

I moved there to get my Master's degree.

what school?

Let me guess: All the Eagles fans in Boston wanted them to sign Dri Aah-cher after the Steelers released him in November, and now want the Eagles to sign Aah-Gee Three if Washington releases him!

I thought Will McDonough was awesome BTW.  We lost a treasure when he passed away.

One here at Harvard....

My son lives in Boston and will go and visit nexy season and want to find a bar/venue where there are a lot of Eagles fans.  Any suggestions.

Before I moved away from Boston, Baseball Tavern on Boylston St. (a couple blocks over from Fenway Park) became the local Eagles bar. But the food and prices there suck, so after my second time giving it a shot I found alternative places around town with TVs to catch out of market games at. 

Check the Facebook page for Philadelphia Eagles fan of Boston...... they are switching this year from the Baseball Tavern to Crossroads Irish Pub (495 Beacon Street)

I think I may have been to that place once on a bar crawl