Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Procus

Chip Kelly is reportedly already causing problems with the 49ers

70 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/4/14/11432410/chip-kelly-49ers-san-francisco-trent-baalke-dysfunction-front-office-tom-gamble-eagles

Chip Kelly is reportedly already causing problems with the 49ers

By Brandon Lee Gowton @BrandonGowton on Apr 14, 2016, 2:04p 80

usa-today-9069947.0.jpg
Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

Checking in on the former Eagles coach.

NFL analyst Brian Baldinger made an interesting comment during a radio appearance on 97.5 The Fanatic's Morning Show on Thursday. In a discussion about Colin Kaepernick's complicated status with the 49ers, Baldinger had this to say about former Eagles head coach Chip Kelly.

Baldinger: "I already hear that there’s problems in the building with [Chip Kelly] and Trent Baalke. I already hear there’s problems. And remember Chip was already saying, ‘Look, I don’t wanna [be involved with] personnel.’ I already hear there’s problems. I talked to somebody tied to the program the other day."

Anthony Gargano: Do they already think it was a mistake bringing him in?

Baldinger: "Well, it was a mistake from the standpoint that one person from the organization wanted him and one didn’t. But the person that made the decision has more of the power. So it’s a problem."

Baldinger didn't really delve into the specifics of what kind of "problems" are being caused. It's also worth noting Kelly has only been there for three months so it's unclear how many issues could really arise. But Baldy did hint it's a player personnel issue. As Eagles fans are well aware, Kelly made a push for personnel control in Philadelphia that resulted in the (temporary) removal of Howie Roseman. Unfortunately for Kelly, his poor personnel moves set the Eagles up for a 6-9 record before he was ultimately fired.

The narrative in San Francisco has been that Kelly won't be as involved in personnel decisions. It's supposedly general manager Trent Baalke running the show there. We'll see if things work out smoothly between Kelly and Baalke or if the 49ers will turn out to be a dysfunctional mess like how it was in Philadelphia.

In the short-term, it will be interesting to see what the 49ers do in this draft. San Francisco picks one spot before the Eagles. The 49ers have been connected to quarterback prospects, just like the Eagles have been, but some insiders believe the 49ers aren't so hot for a passing prospect. From Jason La Canfora:

" ... I continue to hear Chip Kelly is more enamored with trying to resurrect Blaine Gabbert's career than he is with any of the perceived top quarterbacks in this draft ... "

Good luck with that, Chip.

1 person likes this

Maybe Chip wants Cooper

So the niners are figuring out in three months what took the eagles three years to figure out......I'm on record from the beginning ha wasn't going to make it.....I guess it was the flyswatters and boom boxes along with TOP and the NFL draft being overrated that gave it away.....and that was just the first year.

So the niners are figuring out in three months what took the eagles three years to figure out......I'm on record from the beginning ha wasn't going to make it.....I guess it was the flyswatters and boom boxes along with TOP and the NFL draft being overrated that gave it away.....and that was just the first year.

wow, really went out on a limb there. 

5 people like this

Wow, you predicted a coach not succeeding with an NFL team. How difficult that must have been with most coaches staying with the same team for a decade...

1 person likes this

And the Cowboys still have not figured out their coach sucks...how many years has it been?

2 people like this

And the Cowboys still have not figured out their coach sucks...how many years has it been?

No, Jerry knows his coach sucks...

"I want me some glory hole..." ~ Jerry Jones

2 people like this

Does he really say "I already hear there's problems" 3 times?

4 people like this

you don't say? a fan of a division rival makes a 50/50  "prediction" the eagles new coach wont make it....someone throw this man a parade......

1 person likes this

It took me days to figure out Chip wasn't going to be good for Eagles

1 person likes this

So a few weeks ago he complained about how he didn't like the direction the team was going and that's ultimately why he ended up with power over personnel. After those comments if I were the 49ers I would be scratching my head wondering if he is really gonna sit their and have nothing to do with personnel?

Sounds like the owner wanted him, but not the GM. The owner won out and that's the issue. How long until the GM gets a new role at the other end of the complex?

2 people like this

Chip Kelly has a personality that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Chip points fingers at everyone, but the man needs to step back and take time to reflect

1 person likes this

I think its funny as hell. 90% of this fanbase was doing backflips when they signed Kelly. Now 90 %  are playing it off like they knew he was going to fail. This FO hired a gimmick college coach with 0 nfl exp. They all thought he would turn Vick into the greatest QB to ever play the game. Does anyone remember this board the 1st half of the washington game ( chips 1st game)? This board was wetter than a prom...nevermind, i'll stop there before i get myself in trouble.

Then he kicked out jackson and about 50% of the fans turned on him and it was downhill from there. 

All the while we sit here and see Gus Bradley get a 1 year ext on his contract and we lost 3 years.......Thanx allot Howie. 

Who cares what anyone says about chip kelly? Not our problem anymore. Should of never been in the 1st place.

1 person likes this

Chip Kelly has a personality that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Chip points fingers at everyone, but the man needs to step back and take time to reflect

Chip Kelly has no emotional intelligence, according to Lurie. That description, while funny, actually seems to fit what I saw of Kelly from my distant vantage point.
1 person likes this

I think its funny as hell. 90% of this fanbase was doing backflips when they signed Kelly.

Not me. Don't misunderstand, I had great anticipation for what might come and I had great hope that he'd do great things. But in the days and weeks before and after he was hired, I found myself in multiple arguments here on the EMB (shock that I'd be in an argument on the EMB, huh?) with regard to not wanting a gimmick system that would be figured out by week 8 of the first season.

There were definitely Kelly apologists, most definitely. I don't count myself among them though, not now and not back then either.

I actually began to get nervous that his system was being cracked by the second half of the first game against the Redskins.

2 people like this

Ok armchair GM. Of course the 49ers have a clear picture of what to look out for in chip. The Eagles were the ones who chose to find out the hard way.

Besides, 31 of 32 owners would have fired Garrett by now and you guys are still riding his jock all the way to mediocrity.

1 person likes this

I was doing backflips when chipper was hired and he actually proved to be a good coach when he had the talent. As good as our skill position guys were they all had thier best years under coach Kelly. We didn't hear this crap about his 5 play playbook until he got rid of the talent. Up until then those 5 plays worked just fine.

Ironically it was his own ego that did him in here while hepassive aggressively pointed the finger at desean and Howie. It seemed like one day we were 7-1 in his second season before the bottom fell out

1 person likes this

I was doing backflips when chipper was hired and he actually proved to be a good coach when he had the talent. As good as our skill position guys were they all had thier best years under coach Kelly. We didn't hear this crap about his 5 play playbook until he got rid of the talent. Up until then those 5 plays worked just fine.

Ironically it was his own ego that did him in here while hepassive aggressively pointed the finger at desean and Howie. It seemed like one day we were 7-1 in his second season before the bottom fell out

Last year chip was completely out coached in just about every game. Talent or not... Head to head he kept getting out coached.

We heard time and time again how easy it was to game plan the Eagles offense. And it showed.

Now I will admit that if you take away 1/2 the dropped passes by wr's the Eagles have a legot chance at winning the division. But still... Chip proved to have a ton of flaws as an nfl coach/GM

This thing is all over the web based on a nonsourced, no detail rant by Brian Baldinger. Brian Baldinger. May be true but come on. We're not talking Woodward and Bernstein here.

1 person likes this

Chip Kelly has no emotional intelligence, according to Lurie. That description, while funny, actually seems to fit what I saw of Kelly from my distant vantage point.

This.

Last year chip was completely out coached in just about every game. Talent or not... Head to head he kept getting out coached.

We heard time and time again how easy it was to game plan the Eagles offense. And it showed.

Now I will admit that if you take away 1/2 the dropped passes by wr's the Eagles have a legot chance at winning the division. But still... Chip proved to have a ton of flaws as an nfl coach/GM

Really seem like he stop trying. Just seemed odd I don't know what really happened between he and Howie but just seem like he started pouting and basically quite. All the plays and gameplan looked the same to me week after week. Fans and media alike saw that sweep with Murray just wasn't happening yet we got it all the way to week 16, we all saw the defense wearing down and with a terrible offense we atleast needed to slow it down. No adjustments all year. First two seasons we saw adjustments and innovative schemes.

Chips whole trademark at Oregon was that he was constantly changing and shaping things to fit his players strengths. He got a great job, got paid and had a little bit of success and went nuts. He completely lost focus and it was all about his ego so much more than I've ever seen in pro sports

I maintain chip is a very good coach I just don't know what happened to him. I was truly saddened when he was fired because I believe we lost a great coach I wouldn't be shocked if he does great in san Fran

I maintain chip is a very good coach

:lol: