Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KellyGreen4LIFE

Cowboys draft Ezekiel Elliott #4 overall

399 posts in this topic

Dallas is getting Ramsey. They arent picking a RB this high.

Looks like they just got Elliott. Wrong again. ..
1 person likes this

Damn Zeke is gonna be a beast in Dallas, smh

don't like Elliott in the NFC East

I didn't want them to pick Ramsey but I ain't going to lie. Zeke will be a beast next year.

Yep.  

Looks like they just got Elliott. Wrong again. ..

Thank goodness they went with Zeke instead of Ramsey. Silly Cowboys, always enamored with offense.

Eagles will need to be stout against the run on this killer.

Not gonna lie I'm sick to the stomach that Dallas nabbed Elliot but with that poor defense theyre not gonna be able to use him when they're behind 3 scores

1 person likes this

Dallas will end up misusing and overusing him until he breaks down. But, he does increase their odds of winning the division.

He's going to terrorize any defense behind that O-line for sure.  However in two seasons, when Romo is finished due to his knack of getting injured, and that defense is still getting shredded to bits, well... that's another story.

Thank you cowpokes for NOT drafting JR. By the time Elliott gets good,..you will have no qb. I am not worried yeah he will get his yards but this is the NFL. At this level it is not that easy.

Elliot is a all around great player. Was easily the best player in ncaa last year but used poorly at times. He can hit the hole hard, rarely goes down with first contact, worked hard on his blocking and is now solid and a great route runner. This guy has all the tools to be a long time threat in the nfl

You guys are hilarious. Is the draft over? I fully expect to have Dallas draft defense for most of the rest of the draft.

2 years ago they were 12-4 with an average defense. Last year they were 4-12 with a 15th ranked defense and 31st ranked offense.

The truth is, is that Dallas is missing that 2nd playmaker behind Dez Bryant. Elliot gives them that.

Byron Jones will be really good. Dallas needs to build a better front seven before taking picks like Ramsey who isn't guaranteed to be an NFL corner and could be a safety. We have Jones. Jones and Ramsey could've been exceptional, but get that front seven going dang it!

F*** me, I don't wanna defend him behind that offensive line! :lol:

I've never understood the Elliot love. He's a good back but its not like he's this generational talent.

Weren't there also a bunch of rumors about his partying and drug use? Fitting that he's a Cowboy.

Not gonna lie I'm sick to the stomach that Dallas nabbed Elliot but with that poor defense theyre not gonna be able to use him when they're behind 3 scores

uhh, Dallas ranked 17th in total defense.....your eagles were 30th

It's a much better selection then the Giants. I think he will be a great player for the Cowboys I think 4th overall for any running back is a little high but he has everything you want in a RB

Well..... we might not be able to play any "D", but we can sure play some "O"!

This is so funny that most Eagle fans are saying Dallas made a mistake with so many problems on defense that ranked 16th last year. Eagles gave up a huge part of this year and next year for a QB while their D was close to last in 2015. I read on the daft thread where they are saying Dallas continues to screw up draft picks??? Falls is one of the best drafting teams in the last 4-6 years and Eagleshave to be near the bottom.

Cool that most of you are being so honest: Zeke behind that offensive line could a nightmare. And congratulations on your new QB, I really like the guy. The NFCEast just got a LOT more interesting, let the season begin!

I've rather had Ramsey and Henry in the second round if I were a cowboy fan but Eagles fans making this a horrible pick are just mad he went there. It is a solid pick.

Cool that most of you are being so honest: Zeke behind that offensive line could a nightmare. And congratulations on your new QB, I really like the guy. The NFCEast just got a LOT more interesting, let the season begin!

I thought 4 was high but I also think he may be the most talented player in the draft and is going to be a handful. I personally thought going defense and taking a back in the 2nd would have been better but regardless I don't think it was the "wrong" pick just a philosophical difference. Had we stayed put at 8 and most of the elite defensive prospects were gone he was who I would have wanted.

1 person likes this

^^^ Totally agree, I get the impression they would like to have traded down a few picks, but no one would bite. I was surprised at first, when considered the many important roles Zeke could play, then changed my mind. One of his roles - protect Romo. This I believe was a a very bright move, a tad early, but can't always get 100%.