Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KellyGreen4LIFE

Cowboys draft Ezekiel Elliott #4 overall

399 posts in this topic

Even if Buckner was a Trent Cole type player...great run defense 9 or 10 sacks average...that's a huge boon to the Dallas defense imo. Especially if the luxury of the operations line you have gets similiar production from henry like I think it could.

They believe they can get that type of production from Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory. 

You guys took Kavon Frazier, one of my sleeper picks in this draft and one of the best playmaking safeties in the draft when it comes to being around the ball. Kind of mad that he went to you guys.

And you will have the worst offense...and I doubt it's close.

How did Dallas win in 2014? They ran the ball....the OL they have now is better and IF and that 's a IF Zeke is as good as advertised, he'd be an upgrade over Murray.

Any wager avaliable for the Eagles having the worst offense in the division?

Any wager avaliable for the Eagles having the worst offense in the division?

I was more just being a D because he was being a pompous a-hole.

That said, I think it will be 3rd ...I could see Romo getting hurt again and Dallas tanking....not sold on Cousins yet, but the Eagles offense won't be good

I was more just being a D because he was being a pompous a-hole.

That said, I think it will be 3rd ...I could see Romo getting hurt again and Dallas tanking....not sold on Cousins yet, but the Eagles offense won't be good

Eagles will have a top 10 offense in the NFL. Wager?

Eagles will have a top 10 offense in the NFL. Wager?

Oh hell yeah! What do you propose?

And let's define Top 10...yards? Points (-defensive/st scores)

I think the eagles defense will be legit top 10, and will cause a ton of turnovers...maybe get a lot of defensive scores and that will inflate the ppg.

Oh hell yeah! What do you propose?

And let's define Top 10...yards? Points (-defensive/st scores)

I think the eagles defense will be legit top 10, and will cause a ton of turnovers...maybe get a lot of defensive scores and that will inflate the ppg.

Yards are cool with me. Deal

We doing sig or cash?

Yards are cool with me. Deal

We doing sig or cash?

Sounds good! Let's do profile pics for the next offseason ending week 1.

1 person likes this

Sounds good! Let's do profile pics for the next offseason ending week 1.

Done.

All these opinions, its all in fun. That is what is so much fun about each season, its a campaign, anything may happen.

My only wish is, that Zeke gets to FLATTEN Hicks into the ground like he did Romo, roll over him when already on the ground and the ball was well away from him. That's all, one personal little wish.

Who gives a damn what the rest of the NFL does, the NFCEast is enough entertainment!

All these opinions, its all in fun. That is what is so much fun about each season, its a campaign, anything may happen.

My only wish is, that Zeke gets to FLATTEN Hicks into the ground like he did Romo, roll over him when already on the ground and the ball was well away from him. That's all, one personal little wish.

Who gives a damn what the rest of the NFL does, the NFCEast is enough entertainment!

Oh please, there was nothing dirty about the hit Hicks put on Rhomo. It's not his fault that you can't breathe on Tony these days without something breaking.

Oh please, there was nothing dirty about the hit Hicks put on Rhomo. It's not his fault that you can't breathe on Tony these days without something breaking.

Yeah...nothing dirty at all about that play, just a freak accident

Stay classy.

any chance dallas could do us a solid and cut cedric thornton and let us resign him? we may need someone like him in the middle to stop that attack! 

any chance dallas could do us a solid and cut cedric thornton and let us resign him? we may need someone like him in the middle to stop that attack!

With Cox amd Logan you guys are going to be very formidable inside, I think Dallas will still have trouble running on philly.

With Cox amd Logan you guys are going to be very formidable inside, I think Dallas will still have trouble running on philly.

How about Vernon-Snacks-Hankins-JPP? I'm interested to see how JPP plays on the right side without a double team and a somewhat functional hand.

How about Vernon-Snacks-Hankins-JPP? I'm interested to see how JPP plays on the right side without a double team and a somewhat functional hand.

Oh yeah, I think people are overlooking g the pieces NY added on defense

Thank you cowpokes for NOT drafting JR. By the time Elliott gets good,..you will have no qb. I am not worried yeah he will get his yards but this is the NFL. At this level it is not that easy.

No qb and an oline that's peaked already and will be on a slow decline. Let's face it their decent oline is great for the RB but look what they did to the qb! Banged up twice last year and 0-13 with a scrub in there.

No qb and an oline that's peaked already and will be on a slow decline. Let's face it their decent oline is great for the RB but look what they did to the qb! Banged up twice last year and 0-13 with a scrub in there.

lol

yes.... obviously in decline.........from left to right......25, 23, 25,25, 32 (with a 3rd rounder waiting in the wings)......., last year they had a rooking G and a G playing his 2nd season.....they should actually get better over the next year or so now that Collins is getting settled in at guard and as they get used to playing with each other......your post is funny

yeah, the Cowboys O line is solid and still young and let's face it, Elliot was the top RB.  A LOT of Eagles fans were on board with drafting him at 8 before the trade up to 2.  It was kind of split between Elliot and a defensive player (depending on who may have fallen) when they still had 8.  Many fans were saying he's a guy to build the offense around and give them a playmaker.  And the Eagles O line was bad last year - getting upgraded now but we won't know yet if the draft picks work out.

So you put Elliot behind the Cowboys O line, yeah watch out.  RB is an easy position for a star like that to come in and make instant impact with little need to learn.  Like Gurley last year.  It gives them another weapon in addition to their receivers and certainly helps Romo as he recovers from injury.  

I think Ramsey was the better pick and the Jags got a steal, but I can certainly see taking the chance on a potential star like that.

yeah, the Cowboys O line is solid and still young and let's face it, Elliot was the top RB.  A LOT of Eagles fans were on board with drafting him at 8 before the trade up to 2.  It was kind of split between Elliot and a defensive player (depending on who may have fallen) when they still had 8.  Many fans were saying he's a guy to build the offense around and give them a playmaker.  And the Eagles O line was bad last year - getting upgraded now but we won't know yet if the draft picks work out.

So you put Elliot behind the Cowboys O line, yeah watch out.  RB is an easy position for a star like that to come in and make instant impact with little need to learn.  Like Gurley last year.  It gives them another weapon in addition to their receivers and certainly helps Romo as he recovers from injury.  

I think Ramsey was the better pick and the Jags got a steal, but I can certainly see taking the chance on a potential star like that.

I can see where people might want Ramsey, and had they taken him, I'd probably have talked myself into loving the pick by now, but my thought is that Zeke kills two birds with one stone...1. gives you a back talented enough to be the focal point of your offense and to take heat off Romo 2. When you do get that young QB be it Prescott or someone next year you have a talented RB and a good OL to help them. By Dallas trying to trade up for Lynch they showed you they will be in the QB market next year.

You take Ramsey and sure it helps your secondary, but then you are stuck trying to have Romo throw 35 passes a game to try and win for you and that has always lead to poor seasons, the years Dallas was a run first team (2009/2014) they went 11-5, 12-4 and won a playoff game each year and if you look at their roster the defensive personnel in the 2014 season was worse than the group they have now.

Dallas best chance to keep Romo healthy and win is to make him play the bus driver route

Last I heard JPP was going to get his hand fixed up some more so he can wear some special glove

I can see where people might want Ramsey, and had they taken him, I'd probably have talked myself into loving the pick by now, but my thought is that Zeke kills two birds with one stone...1. gives you a back talented enough to be the focal point of your offense and to take heat off Romo 2. When you do get that young QB be it Prescott or someone next year you have a talented RB and a good OL to help them. By Dallas trying to trade up for Lynch they showed you they will be in the QB market next year.

You take Ramsey and sure it helps your secondary, but then you are stuck trying to have Romo throw 35 passes a game to try and win for you and that has always lead to poor seasons, the years Dallas was a run first team (2009/2014) they went 11-5, 12-4 and won a playoff game each year and if you look at their roster the defensive personnel in the 2014 season was worse than the group they have now.

Dallas best chance to keep Romo healthy and win is to make him play the bus driver route

But:  any RB can play behind that line I thought?

;)

But:  any RB can play behind that line I thought?

;)

I never said that last year....might have me confused with some trolls....ish, I was fighting with more cowboy fans than eagle fans on here last year during the preseason........I killed Dallas for letting Murray go. I did poke fun at birds fans at the end of the year who had said it was all Murray during the preseason because last year showed that it was more OL than RB.

Now looking back last year did show that a lot of backs could run well behind this OL, because DM is a below average starter.....his ypc went from 3.4 to 4.6 in Dallas....he has 1100 yards in 12 games......so sure....with DM, Morris or maybe a few of the later round picks in the draft Dallas could be a top 10ish rushing team liek last year...but to have a dominant ground game you need a very good OL and a very good RB....they have the OL and they took a shot on a RB who has the potential to be even better than Murray. so IF Zeke works out Dallas has the potential to have an elite run game that can be the center of the offense. What else helps is that Mcfadden and Morris give them much better depth than they had in 2014 with Joseph Randle.