Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VinnyBoombatz

End Zone Seating

18 posts in this topic

Looking to get some feedback on the upper end zone seating. Been season ticket member for over 20 years and always watched from the sidelines. I might relocate to end zone seating but wanted some opinions on it

How is the view watching the game straight on vs from sides. I checked out viewmyseat etc but doesn't really justify watching live. Also do the upper end zones have escalators or just steps to get up.

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks Go birds

Looking to get some feedback on the upper end zone seating. Been season ticket member for over 20 years and always watched from the sidelines. I might relocate to end zone seating but wanted some opinions on it

How is the view watching the game straight on vs from sides. I checked out viewmyseat etc but doesn't really justify watching live. Also do the upper end zones have escalators or just steps to get up.

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks Go birds

Id go for the sideline seats.

Id go for the end zone seats.

There are escalators to the upper level, but if you tailgate till the last minute, the line gets ridiculously long.

1 person likes this

why would you want to move from sidelines to end zone?

I'm not on 50, in the corner. Right now row 30 can move up to 13 by going to endzone

I'm not on 50, in the corner. Right now row 30 can move up to 13 by going to endzone

I would do that then, I am in row 13  and its a huge difference between that and row 30

It's cool you can see lanes opening up and other things you can't see from the sidelines. The only negative I think is if they are in your endzone you can't see what's going on so you have to watch it on the screen. And forget the escalators those things get jammed up its not worth it

1 person likes this

I've had upper deck end zone seats for almost fifty years, and really wouldn't want to sit anywhere else.

The upper deck is steeper than the lower deck, which is a big advantage. When you're sitting down low, you struggle to see over the head of the person in front of you. And when one person stands up -- which happens a lot -- everyone else has to stand up too. So you're constantly standing up and sitting down. It's brutal. (I've never watched a game at the Linc from down there. I'm basing this on my experiences at Fed Ex Field in Washington where I've seen a few Eagles games.) In the upper deck, you don't get the constant up-and-down, and you can (mostly) see over the head of the person in front of you if you're an adult.

When you're in the endzone, you get a better appreciation for formations and spacing, and it also seems easier to keep track of who's in the game because there's no "far side" of the field. You can more quickly spot the players without having to look through other players.

And if you're using binoculars, which I always do, you're much better off being in the endzone. The reason is that you can basically keep your head still while you're looking through them. On the other hand, when you're on the sideline and you look through binoculars, you have to constantly move your head from side to side, kind of like what happens to people at a tennis match. Back and forth. Back and forth. If a ball is thrown thirty yards downfield, it can be tough to track it quickly. In the endzone, it's not a problem because it's all in front of you, either coming at you or going away from you. Either way, it's still in your field of vision.

If you're going to get upper deck seats at the Linc, you have the option of the South endzone or the North endzone. The North side is actually lower (maybe fifteen feet or so) than the South side because there's one extra level of boxes in the South end. So that's a plus for the North side. But on hot and sunny days, you have to deal with the sun right in your eyes. The South side is shadier and more comfortable. So there's a trade-off of benefits.

Upper deck endzone all the way.

And yes, there's an escalator to get up there.

1 person likes this

Really appreciate it.

Yea I'm under a roof now so it's nice especially during rainy days. But being Row 30 real pain in the a** to get up there. Especially when escalators break, which is every game. Definitely some give and take but starting think watching from different angle might be cool too

Thanks

I know bout the escalators. All the renovations they did couple years would think they address that. Have 10+ sections all trying to get on a single lane escalator.

Thought maybe the endzone might be different cause you're dealing with less sections.

Appreciate it

Not a season ticket holder but have had end zone seats a couple of times. Watching the red zone plays develop is pretty cool.

I think I like the end zone more than the sideline. U can see the holes open up better and if your in the upper level it's like watching madden.

Its cool that way. Just sucks for knowing how many yards are gained, whether they reached 1st down, or goal line.... Always have to be watching the screens. But its a cool view. Id keep the sideline tickets, and get the end zone tickets. Change it up every couple of games.

That's why I like the corner (sec. 216-218) better than directly behind the goalposts. You're angled enough to see if they reached the line of gain. Yet you are still looking at a view behind or in front of the play; so you are watching holes develop or the routes the receivers are running downfield. The biggest problem with the end zone is you will spend about half of the time on the far-side from the action. There's pros and cons to every section.

In order of preference, I'd take seats in-between the 30s first, then the corner or behind goalposts, then on the sides outside of 30s.

I definitely prefer uppers over lowers for watching the game. It just takes longer to get up there, so you always have to plan to be early.

Believe it or not, I actually like the corners and that includes for watching ice hockey too.  You get the best of both views.  And definitely, whether for Phils or Eagles, with the upper deck you wont have to worry about fans heads in front of you.

I bought tickets in section 235 above the north end zone after reading this thread. Y'all made it sound pretty appeasing! Hope it's worth it.

I had season tickets back in 2008 in section 203 row 14 and they weren't bad. Then in 2012 I had them in the upper deck endzone and they were horrible in MY opinion. Everyone's is different. This season I'm going to the game vs Minnesota sec 201 row 1 . Dead center 50 yard line front row. Not a better seat in the house as far as I'm concerned.