Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptianEagle

Eagles @ Cowboys Oct 30

7 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I am friends with a Cowboys fan...he flies out to Dallas every year for one game...this year, he's going to the Eagles game and I am joining him...anyone else going?  What is there to do in Dallas other than steakhouses, fatties? 

There's a lot to do in Dallas, it just depends on what you like to do. The city limits of Dallas go out quite a lot, so a lot of places are not very close to each other, but there is a lot to do here.

With it being close to Halloween I would imagine there are going to be events at bars and what not.

If your into museums there are a few I recommend, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science is a good one, the 6th Floor Museum, and the Dallas Museum of Arts is free but if they have a special exhibit there that particular part will have a fee. 

For food there are some place you need to go. For some good BBQ I recommend going to Lockharts or Pecan Lodge (you have to get there early to get any food, they sell out very fast). If you want to head to a fancier place I like CBD Provisions, you can get a whole pig's head there (although you have to order it a day in advance). If you want some good burgers you can go to twisted root, or if you like some crazy burgers there's a place called rodeo goat. 

You can always take a tour of the stadium, I know it's the cowboys but the stadium is pretty incredible and taking a tour of it is pretty neat. 

Give me some ideas of what your into or what you would like to do and I am sure Dallas has something for you.

All that sounds good, I'll do museums, restaurants, already going to be doing the stadium tour....thanks!  I did not think about that, should be a lot of fun stuff to do for Halloween weekend. 

We're heading down from SD again this year.  If you go over to Fort Worth, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing was kind of cool.

Something about millions of dollars stacked on pallets........

I think the Green Legion is going down again this year, haven't seen any others.

Last year we went to Humperdinks by the stadium had a few beers and watched the early games before going over.