Mspencer

First home game and trip to Philly

10 posts in this topic

I have basically become obsessed with planning my trip to Philadelphia on Friday 21Oct16 and I'm looking for some advice from regulars on where to go, what to see and do prior to the game on Sunday. I was born in NJ and lived in Glassboro for a few years, but raised in New Orleans, so I had to deal with that Saint's BS for about 18 years. So I'm finally making that pilgrimage to Philly to. For now the only plans I have are tailgating, which I plan to do with Cav's in Lot N (any positive or negative feedback on their party?) also is there only one way to access the "Upper N" lot next to the 'Jetro' building? and what time do you recommend getting in the parking line before gates open? I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, Mspencer said:

I have basically become obsessed with planning my trip to Philadelphia on Friday 21Oct16 and I'm looking for some advice from regulars on where to go, what to see and do prior to the game on Sunday. I was born in NJ and lived in Glassboro for a few years, but raised in New Orleans, so I had to deal with that Saint's BS for about 18 years. So I'm finally making that pilgrimage to Philly to. For now the only plans I have are tailgating, which I plan to do with Cav's in Lot N (any positive or negative feedback on their party?) also is there only one way to access the "Upper N" lot next to the 'Jetro' building? and what time do you recommend getting in the parking line before gates open? I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks everyone!

Parking lots open 5 hours before kick-off. The earlier you get there the better.

Have fun!

1 person likes this

How long are you there?

Do a stadium tour.  $10 a person and you get to see most of the building, along with the locker room, press box and suites. plus a discount at the pro shop.

Where are you staying?  Philly is a great city to walk in.  We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown and walked everywhere, museums, restaurants, bars etc.  We did take the Broad St subway to the stadium.  

1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply. I was looking into a stadium tour but I couldn't find one for the time frame that I'll be there, I assumed it was just a preseason event. So we are staying at the Double Tree on Broad st. Which seems to be in walking distance to a lot of things so it's looking like I'll be able to have that same expierence you did. Right now the anticipation is just killing me!

Go to Ticketmaster for the stadium tours.

Hotel is in a great spot to walk around.  

Reading Terminal Market is pretty good spot for a bite to eat, big farmers market.

Mcgillan's Pub on Drury is Philly's oldest pub, good place for cheap food and drinks

Liberty Bell and historic sites are not too far from there.  (20min walk)

The Franklin Institute is a cool science center (30min walk)

Xfinity Live is a big a** sports bar by the stadiums.  Good place to go before or after the tour.

Enjoy the trip.  It will be worth the wait!

1 person likes this

On August 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM, shaun59 said:

Reading Terminal Market is pretty good spot for a bite to eat, big farmers market.

Mcgillan's Pub on Drury is Philly's oldest pub, good place for cheap food and drinks

Xfinity Live is a big a** sports bar by the stadiums.  Good place to go before or after the tour.

Awesome info! Thanks, I'm planning my Saturday around everything you just mentioned now. 

On August 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM, shaun59 said:

Also, thanks for the advice about the stadium tour, I really thought it was just a preseason thing. I just got tickets for that too.

Glad to help, my first game was in 2012 so I know the excitement you are going through.

I was just checking on something http://www.phillyinksignings.com/upcoming-signings.html if you are looking to get autographs and access to a car.

Fletcher Cox is doing a signing at Dynasty Sports (40mins from downtown) on Monday Oct 22

Plus they announce any other autograph sessions on the above page.

1 person likes this

On July 27, 2016 at 0:38 PM, toolg said:

Parking lots open 5 hours before kick-off. The earlier you get there the better.

Have fun!

The lots opened 7 hours before the game last year.  Did this change to 5 hours?  I hope not!

2 hours ago, flyeaglesfly000 said:

The lots opened 7 hours before the game last year.  Did this change to 5 hours?  I hope not!

Depends which lot, I guess. I never arrived before 8:00 am.