walden09

First time tailgate

8 posts in this topic

Hello from the UK!

Myself and the girlfriend are heading to Philly for the first time soon. We have tickets the opening game against the Browns. Needless to say we can't wait to watch the Eagles get their first W of the season. 

We we are looking to tailgate but will not have a vehicle. Was just wondering whether anyone would be keen to show a bit of hospitality to two Brits. We are willing to bring along plenty of beer as well as food if required! Feel free to reply on here or email me at walden09@gmail.com.

Many thanks!

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, walden09 said:

Hello from the UK!

Myself and the girlfriend are heading to Philly for the first time soon. We have tickets the opening game against the Browns. Needless to say we can't wait to watch the Eagles get their first W of the season. 

We we are looking to tailgate but will not have a vehicle. Was just wondering whether anyone would be keen to show a bit of hospitality to two Brits. We are willing to bring along plenty of beer as well as food if required! Feel free to reply on here or email me at walden09@gmail.com.

Many thanks!

Unfortunately I can't help you but I'm very jealous that a fellow UK friend is off to the season opener! I'd love to get along to a game at some point and I absolutely will make it happen. And you can't be a tailgate party done in the States. If this is your first game in the States then you'll absolutely love it. 

6 hours ago, walden09 said:

I cannot wait. If the misus bails, I'll give you first refusal! 

Hey I tell you what... I'm going to hold you to that! I'm actually going to be in New York at the time anyway so don't think I won't. 

Why don't you get a coach over? It cost me and the misus 16$ each return to goto NYC from Philly . 

5 hours ago, walden09 said:

Why don't you get a coach over? It cost me and the misus 16$ each return to goto NYC from Philly . 

In principle it's a great idea buddy but at this point I have no idea how much tickets would cost... Believe me there is nothing I'd love to do more but my wife is going to be 22 weeks pregnant at that point so she certainly won't be traveling to Philly for the game.

My plan for my first tailgate is to go with Cavs philly tailgate or the Green Legion. They both offer like a $40 rate for all the food and beer you want. It's perfect for a rookie like me.

I'm definitely going to have to get over at some point in the near future to see a game at the Linc and maybe catch a couple of you for a beer... Or two... Or more!